[Poll] How would you rate episode 510?

Ran

How would you rate episode 510?  

1,157 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

So........

This episode was "Red Wedding Esque" in the sense that there were so many character deaths. Was expecting FTW, and Dany getting captured by the Dothraki, and Arya finally killing Meryn, but the other deaths scared my pants off. I was half expecting Brienne to say, "My name is Brienne of Tarth. You killed my king. Prepare to die." I was hoping that there would be snow at Castle Black and that Jon would tell Sam as he was leaving that the snowflakes were melting in his hair. (Sob) Selyse's death probably should have hit me harder, and Sansa and Theon are totally alive. And I wasn't paying attention at all to the Dorne storyline until Jaime and Bronn were imprisoned. But Dorne was the most shocking. Myrcella is a sweet little girl and Ellaria is so butthurt about Oberyn's death that she just goes full metal poison on Myrcella? But my favorite sequence was the overhead battle shots of Stannis vs. the Boltons. I just kind of love overhead battle shots. And Grey Worm is still a complete badass, and when Varys showed up I started clapping at the TV. Tyrion and Varys scenes are equivalent to Tyrion and Cersei scenes. Overall a 7 because I'm still unsure about how the effects of this episode will translate into next season. But Game of Thrones now has a tempo that they will probably drop at the start of next season.

This was the worst episode of the entire series. It was just illogical and incredibly disjointed, and really rather unbelievable. Look, most of the time I like the show, but this episode was god awful. Why anyone thought that Cersie and her walk deserved to be the centerpiece of the show is the question for me. I did not like it in the book. I thought it was lame and rather stupid in the book. I am not surprised they put in the show, but to make it a 15 minute segment is just idiotic. The obvious grafting of Cersei's head on that body looked ridiculous.

Jon Snow's death made zero sense after the way they depicted Hardhome. It' is like they all got together and said there are only 50 brothers left so lets kill our Lord Commander. That way we do not have to wait for the Wight Walkers to kill us. We can just be killed by the wildlings that Jon Snow befriended.

Stannis just walks up to Winterfell right out in the open like he is organizing a Boy Scout camp out. "O.K. boys, you all set up some tents over here and you guys start a fire so we can have some s'mores." Then the Boltons come riding out and Stannis just looks at them and says "OK forget the s'mores boys, we are going to work on your sword fighting badge now." For crying out loud the Boltons look like Stannis did when he rode up to fight the wildlings. How do you not notice your whole army leaving with the horses? Thousands of men and horses leave and Stannis hears nothing? Is he on Ambien? Also did Mel have the last horse just hidden in her tent? Evidently there was enough money for a battle at Hardhome, but no budget for a battle of Winterfell. After this battle that we did not actually get to see, Stannis manages to get back to some wooded area and fights two men, who must have worked in the kitchen and had never swung a sword. Then he is confronted by none other than Brienne of all people, who just casually strolls up to kill him. Where is Ramsay? Where is Roose? Did they not notice the 6 foot 4 inch blond Amazon just walking around on the battlefield.

Then the red woman shows back up at the wall in record time. Obviously the horse she had hidden in her tent was the Triple Crown Winner, American Pharoah. Davos asks her some questions, but he does not ask details. I would have grabbed her up and shook some answers out of her.

Arya's scene was terrible. I had been looking forward to her killing Trant, but I did not think the scene worked. Also at the end when she is confronted by Jaqhen, how is Jaqhen there and another person wearing his face too. I mean was he a twin or a clone? Have I changed the channel and am now watching Orphan Black?

Dany's scene did nothing for me. I liked seeing Drogon, but the Dothraki looked like something out of a John Wayne movie.

I did like Theon and Sansa's scene. Seeing Miranda fall was fine with me and I really loved the jump. I also like the scene with Tyrion and Varys.

For the most part I have liked the show. There have been episodes that I was not crazy about, but after I watch them a second time, I am more accepting of them. I try to just watch the show and not get caught up in all of the minutia and worry about what is in the show or what was left out. However when I tried to watch this a second time, for the first time ever, I thought the episode was much worse than I had thought originally. When the Cersei scene started, I just cut the TV off. There was no way I was watching it again and no it was not the nudity that bothered me. It was the utter stupidity of it that bothered me.

Worst episode ever!!!!!!!!

Gave it a 10. Glorious finale. Stannis was my favourite part. Don't care if he's a better character in the books. Show Stannis is just so Richard III. Extremely satisfying ending for a character that is coherent within the whole series.

I really pity those whose reading of the books prevents from liking the show. I just never think of the book when I watch the adaptation, I just assume it's a different story and that's it. I can't understand why it can be hard, really.

I think that besides a few concerns (mainly Dorne), this season was coherent with the show, if not with the books, and that's all I ask from it.

Edited by Pilusmagnus

Gave it a 10. Glorious finale. Stannis was my favourite part. Don't care if he's a better character in the books. Show Stannis is just so Richard III. Extremely satisfying ending for a character that is coherent within the whole series.

I really pity those whose reading of the books prevents from liking the show. I just never think of the book when I watch the adaptation, I just assume it's a different story and that's it. I can't understand why it can be hard, really.

I think that besides a few concerns (mainly Dorne), this season was coherent with the show, if not with the books, and that's all I ask from it.

I agree. And regardless of some cliffhangers (the book had many more), the season ending was much more satisfying than the book counterpart, as we did get to the climax of the stories: we see the conclussion to the Stannis vs. Bolton clash, we aren't waiting for a Battle of Meereen that didn't happen, Dany and Tyrion have met and Jon has faced the White Walkers.

Oh, lets seeee..

Arya, stabbing Trant in the face. Nice.

I think I swallowed my gum.

Then, more stabby stabby.

Alas, a Girl gets no Scooby snacks.

The overhead shot of battle formation, drew us a perfect picture of slaughter.

"He's toast.", I sort of yelled at the telly.

The D's burned a princess just to make peasants cry. Creeps.

Stannis is .. dead? Not seeing his gak moment....you never know.

Bree better burn the corpse, or he'll be back screwing things up.

"Lucy, you got some s'plain'in to do.

Stannis,The most clueless wight in the realms of men and..Others,

Which was Theon, Thelma or Louise?

Anyway, last seen making snow angels with a damsel in distress.

Dany, I'd be soooo saddle sore.

"Ride a horsie back to the village. no thanks, I'll walk."

Wos, better than expected.

How nice her hair was hacked into a cute pixie cut type thingie.

Septa of Shame, your next American Idol. Cast your votes,

Selyse, too little too late. I sort of hate you forevers.

um..Can Mel scoop up Jons' blood that is leaking out into the snow?

Save it for, ya know..emergencies..

Gave it a 7 for wonderfully convoluted cliffhangery, and spectacular shots of Ireland..

5/10

An awful lot happened, but god was it grim (and yes i know that is asoiaf style). Even the bad guys getting what they deserved was unsatisfying as it was so brutal.

Walk of shame was well done though.

Dorne was awful, i hate this arc.

Davos's expression when told of the princess tore me up and got me to feel real empathy

But some things seemed silly, for instance the greatest tactician in westeros failing to post scouts,

The sudden massive cavalry assets owned by house bolton. The north is supposed to hate them (all loyal to starks) yet we see none of that.

The idea that brienne would stare at a window for months then walk away five seconds before the candle lights really made me groan out loud, it was so contrived.

I also feel the portrayal of ramsey and trant as 'evil' has been overdone to the point that they were cartoonish.

And do not feel the show gave enough reason for 'for the watch' to happen.

Edited by trw1972

I gave it a 1.

The WoS would have been great but all that time flashing to full frontal nude shots was overkill.

Did I say kill? Plenty of that

Arya really really overdone Trent having 3 girls lined up for beating? Yes he's an asshole yes he deserves to die don't like their version of Arya

All the snow is burned away & Theon & Sansa jump from the wall?

The whole Castle Black scene was a mess Oly? It passes me off that they show John as having no friends but Sam

Why would a show leave out dialogue w characters like Dolorous Ed & Tormund.

Dany leaves a ring in a vast grassland so she can be tracked? When is she going to be sited for Dragon abuse? Poor guys She was too busy to care for them

Daarios & Jorah as sidekicks

Dany leaves a ring in a vast grassland so she can be tracked?

Not idly do the rings of dany fall....

Was i the only one who instantly had an image of daario and jorah running across grasslands, perhaps with jorah putting his ear to the ground and hearing horses....and with tyrion some distance behind muttering and stumbling?

Edited by trw1972

But at the right moment.

And satisfying.

Interesting, thought provoking.

Open to make guesses.

Hopeful.

I am not joking. They are good cliffhangers. Cut at the exact right moment.

Hahaha! The Battle of Winterfell was bumped at the last minute, and for logistical reasons -- not for narrative ones. The Dany cliffhanger just paints a large, flashing arrow over the fact that she's been trapped in Martin's Meereenese Knot, accomplishing nothing to propel her story-arc forward, and then compounds the injury by not actually resolving the Meereenese Knot. Tyrion is passed around like a hot potato, with a lot of stuff happening to him but with him not actually doing anything, and then...he doesn't actually meet Danaerys. The whole of Jon's Chapter 69 is a trainwreck that shows all the hallmarks of being too hastily revised and edited after the Battle for Winterfell is bumped from the book.

A Dance with Dragons doesn't conclude. It just ends, as if the author, editor and publisher have just decided, "Whatever, that's a wrap. This thing has to go to the printer."

In the books he said Ghost. This is very significant. Many people believed that Jon was going to warg into Ghost [FIIK why, it doesn't make much sense to me] and the show completely threw that theory out the window. Now they have basically said, Jon is going to be revived by Melisandre. Deal with it. Something many of us didn't want to happen considering the drawbacks of being, say, Lady Stoneheart or Beric.

Edited by Lady Blackmont