[Poll] How would you rate episode 510?

Ran

How would you rate episode 510?  

1,157 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

How can you rate anything 10/10 when the writers put in "Bad Pussy"?

How can you rate it 1/10 when some actors are more impressive than ever before (Lena, Carice, Stephen) and when the episode has the most realistic cgi of the show so far (Drogon was beautiful this episode!)?

Old SpiceTM by Jaqen

Look at me, now look at the wall, now look at me again, I am killing myself, now take of my face, I am you, now look back at me, I am the Waif, now look back at fake me again, you are now blind. Anything is possible if your best friend is a faceless man.

I think maybe i am not the best to judge the episodes

So basically you're saying that the next book is going to begin with an epic start? That's the way I see it, and it will be worth the wait.

I hope it does, i would love both the future show and future books to be fantastic.

If i am totally honest i adored books 1 to 3, some of the best fantasy fiction i had read (and ive read literally thousands of fantasy books). But i found 4 and 5 a bit of a slog.

My feelings about the show mirror the way i felt about the books, my partner and i got into the show late, and watched the first 4 seasons in a crazy week long binge.

I wanted to love season 5, and even bought the books again for a kindle reread. But this season has had far fewer wow moments for me and felt uncoordinated despite some excellent acting.

My unsullied partner has found this season less interesting too.

Fingers crossed for a fantastic S6 and fantastic book...with an alive J.Snow

Objectively, an episode should be rated in isolation, taking into consideration all the relevant aspects of its realisation: scenery, cgi, acting, writing, etc. This means that, even if a single aspect deserves a 1, the rest should not be ignored in a serious critic. More importantly, it does not make much sense to judge episode 10 basing on the writing of episode 9, which is what is happening here. People hated the burning of Shireen and so, out of spite, decide to vote 1. I partially agree that that scene was badly written in terms of the overall story of Stannis, but I think that it was an excellent scene in isolation. The inconsistency should be reflected in the evaluation of the whole season, not the episode. And here, I only think that the season did not give the right emphasis to every storyline, thus justifying why certain actions of certain characters felt rushed or unbelievable. This is definitely a problem of packing two books into one season, and not necessarily evidence that D&D are that bad. Consequently, this would never lead me to hate the show. There was one great episode, that ranks as high as any other in the show, and many good individual scenes worthy of GoT. The overall drop in quality is not sufficient to deter me from watching, and I couldn't care less for what some people here think. I read some legitimate complaints, but others just seem out of people who are too emotionally involved with the story that they lack the maturity to cope with the realities of adapting books to television. To you, I say relax. I definitely like the books more than the show. The quality of ASOIF does not drop because the show is not as good as you wish. Nobody has to watch it nor to like it. That does not mean you have to flood every thread with countless posts repeating your opinion ad eternum. As for spoilers, everybody knew that this was going to happen, but again some people are too immature to cope with the frustrations of reality.

Edited by Ravi Seaworth

Who is complaining that they are deviating from the books?

As I have said, I am totally cool with adaption changes, send Sansa to Winterfell? Awesome, let's do that, the Starks are coming home. The writers think that Brienne's storyline in the riverlands will be boring? Cool, put her in the north, that has a lot of potential. Dorne introduced too many new characters in the books and seemed like a pointless sideshow to them? Okay, let's make it better.

The problem is they made the storylines worse in the show, they had so much potential, and yet I hear no one saying that they preferred Brienne waiting for a candle, or Sansa replacing Jeyne, much less Dorne, which was a fiasco.

I love the idea that the show is going to go on a different path, it is actually preferable to me as a book reader, as it means I can enjoy the books and the show as different entities and explore new ideas.

The problem is that the writers took the potential and fumbled, and worse, they tried to tie in book moments to their adaption. FTW, WoS, burning Shireen, Sansa in Winterfell, Tyrion killing Tywin... These don't make sense in the show's world. They just seem forced and inorganic.

What I would really like to see is the show separating and following the broad strokes of the books, while actually inventing their own scenes WHICH ARE WORTHY OF TELEVISION. They have done these before in earlier seasons, I have loved some of their invented scenes which do a great job at bringing out the characters, but they seem to have completely failed this season.

Of course, I would be very happy if they would follow the books more closely, as they seem to do their best work when adapting directly from ASOIAF, but again, I would be equally pleased with their own material. As long as it is coherent.

I think season 4 was the worst, because some plots just dragged on forever and sometimes went nowhere. That didn't make it a bad season, but that made it the worst. This season is much more concise and to the point. Almost all of the story arcs come to a sort of conclusion and there were not many filler scenes.

I'll aknowledge that Dorne was the biggest piece of crap we ever encountered on the show but that doesn't make the season as a whole badly-written.

And I definitely refuse to admit that any of the writing was stupid. Some of it may be clumsy, weak, or amateur in the case of Dorne, but it never was stupid.

Edited by Pilusmagnus

Objectively, an episode should be rated in isolation, taking into consideration all the relevant aspects of its realisation: scenery, cgi, acting, writing, etc. This means that, even if a single aspect deserves a 1, the rest should not be ignored in a serious critic. More importantly, it does not make much sense to judge episode 10 basing on the writing of episode 9, which is what is happening here. People hated the burning of Shireen and so, out of spite, decide to vote 1. I partially agree that that scene was badly written in terms of the overall story of Stannis, but I think that it was an excellent scene in isolation. The inconsistency should be reflected in the evaluation of the whole season, not the episode. And here, I only think that the season did not give the right emphasis to every storyline, thus justifying why certain actions of certain characters felt rushed or unbelievable. This is definitely a problem of packing two books into one season, and not necessarily evidence that D&D are that bad. Consequently, this would never lead me to hate the show. There was one great episode, that ranks as high as any other in the show, and many good individual scenes worthy of GoT. The overall drop in quality is not sufficient to deter me from watching, and I couldn't care less for what some people here think. I read some legitimate complaints, but others just seem out of people who are too emotionally involved with the story that they lack the maturity to cope with the realities of adapting books to television. To you, I say relax. I definitely like the books more than the show. The quality of ASOIF does not drop because the show is not as good as you wish. Nobody has to watch it nor to like it. That does not mean you have to flood every thread with countless posts repeating your opinion ad eternum. As for spoilers, everybody knew that this was going to happen, but again some people are too immature to cope with the frustrations of reality.

People are emotional petals, that vote with their hearts :D We aren't going to change that any time soon, unfortunately.

People are emotional petals, that vote with their hearts :D We aren't going to change that any time soon, unfortunately.

I wouldn't vote if I wasn't voting with my heart. I can't rate a work of art even after I have objectively analysed it. However I can rate the feeling that it made me have.

Edited by Pilusmagnus

People are quite obviously going to have different methods of rating an episode.

I rated episode 9 1/10 because the whole episode was absolutely terrible in my honest opinion. There was absolutely nothing I liked about it at all. Special effects are mostly an irrelevance to me and even good actors can't redeem a hopeless script.

Episode 10 I rated 3/10 because there were a couple of things I liked but for the most part I hated it.

I gave episode 8 an 8/10 and the previous worst rating I'd given was a 4/10.

Yes let's rate an episode a one because of one cheesy line said by one minor character to another minor character.

:rolleyes:

Yes let's rate an episode a ten because of one good scene that somehow made up for all the other stuff.

:rolleyes: