[Poll] How would you rate episode 510?

Ran

How would you rate episode 510?  

1,157 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

hmm, I really enjoyed the season. Could it be that book readers are offended because TV show has caught up?

"You want a good girl but you need a bad pussy." That doesn't have anything to do with the books. It has to do with a drop in quality.

hmm, I really enjoyed the season. Could it be that book readers are offended because TV show has caught up?

I am a book reader, but not a fanatical one (i didnt love book 5 at all). I tend to think of the two as seperate entities.

I felt season 5 dropped in quality, my unsullied partner got bored of this season too (although she loved E8 and arena part of E9)

I felt season 5 dropped in quality, my unsullied partner got bored of this season too (although she loved E8 and arena part of E9)

I agree, and I think it's a combination of the source material declining in quality and the show writers original stuff being of generally low quality. Again, with the exception of "Hardhome," which was better than anything in the last two books.

Late to the thread, but I give the episode a 3/10.

It probably wasn't even that bad, but I gave up on Game of Thrones after "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken." Now all I can see are its flaws magnified. It doesn't feel like a cohesive show to me so much as a handful of plot points presented without the emotional context that made them make sense in the books. And yeah, as a woman I am disappointed with how D & D are handling their female characters, but I don't have a specific example to point to in this episode. Cersei's penance walk was actually pretty well-done.

I won't be watching the next season unless Winds of Winter comes out first. Then I might be tempted to compare and contrast.

I agree, and I think it's a combination of the source material declining in quality and the show writers original stuff being of generally low quality. Again, with the exception of "Hardhome," which was better than anything in the last two books.

I enjoyed Hardhome but I would point to book sequences like Davos at White Harbor, Daznak's Pit, Theon and Jeyne escaping Winterfell, and Jaime quite hilariously trying to sort out the mess in the Riverlands as much preferable in my opinion.

They created a very good battle sequence at Hardhome, but it's merely a beacon of light amidst a barrage of crap.

Late to the thread, but I give the episode a 3/10.

It probably wasn't even that bad, but I gave up on Game of Thrones after "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken." Now all I can see are its flaws magnified. It doesn't feel like a cohesive show to me so much as a handful of plot points presented without the emotional context that made them make sense in the books. And yeah, as a woman I am disappointed with how D & D are handling their female characters, but I don't have a specific example to point to in this episode. Cersei's penance walk was actually pretty well-done.

I won't be watching the next season unless Winds of Winter comes out first. Then I might be tempted to compare and contrast.

Fully agree with these sentiments.

"You want a good girl but you need a bad pussy." That doesn't have anything to do with the books. It has to do with a drop in quality.

The book has some ridiculous lines.

The spelling of certain names in the book and frequency on pages can have their moments as well.

It is a ridiculous line but the hate fervor... well opinions and to each their own.

That word. "Hate". Over and over and over again like a mantra.

One of us must not know what that word means. I don't hate people for being mediocre writers.

When an entire thread is devoted to how bad the line is alright. When it used to than hurl insults at the showrunners and state how the show is the worst than yes it can consider as getting into hate.

My opinion is a general observation after going through the threads and it does strike me. I laugh at line but in the end thought the delivery was fine and the lengths that some goes is strange to me at times.

I do think the books has their of being more middling and even low brow with innuendos and puns. So the over-seriousness can be humorous.

That word. "Hate". Over and over and over again like a mantra.

One of us must not know what that word means. I don't hate people for being mediocre writers.

Neither do I. But I expect of them to turn down offers of writing/adapting a complex and difficult source material like asoiaf.

I gave it a 8

The final 20 minutes was some of the best of the series.

Stannis's final moments and his final lines were great.

Disappointed with Sansa final arch. Though the moment between her and Theon before the jump was great. With this show jumping off the highest wall is hopeful.

Disappointed of Allesier being on the assassination.

The show supported a post I did awhile back that Myrcella knew.

WoS was meh, the show could have done more with those 14 minutes. Why did we need full frontal nudity? They could have given us headshots, but no, the audience likes their titties. A ten minute walk would have been fine, and then they could have given us moe build up for FTW. Or, I don't know, a median scene with swords clashing during the battle on the ice.

As for book readers being offended because the show has caught up... Really? Do people actually think readers care? We knew this was coming a long time ago. And please stop suggesting that we mind about the changes the writers have made. Nobody is expecting a good adaption now, and deviations are not the foremost issue on anyone's mind.

And Unsullied really need to stop commenting on the quality of books four and five, don't regurgitate what other people have said. If you want to judge them, read them.

-End rant

And Unsullied really need to stop commenting on the quality of books four and five, don't regurgitate what other people have said. If you want to judge them, read them.

Did so and found them lacking. The show improved on the lacklustre and rambling "story" of Feast and Dance. Deal with it.

-End rant

Even if such books were bad, there is no way they are better than what we saw this season. Books 4 and 5 have highlights the show decided to cut for no reason at all (like Jaime's chapters).

Neither do I. But I expect of them to turn down offers of writing/adapting a complex and difficult source material like asoiaf.

I doubt they will be offered again.

Yes, yes, naturally. This season was the most watched ever and a roaring success on each count - people love it and critics love it. Ratings do matter, not the opinions of the vocal minority here. D&D will be able to choose their further projects - after this immense success they will be in high demand. Deal with it, haters :kiss: