[Poll] How would you rate episode 510?

Ran

How would you rate episode 510?  

1,157 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Mostly because him being there changed practically nothing. They could have given his lines to Jorah, or Daario, or anyone for that matter. Basically he was furniture, and I don't see how that is better.

I think the actor who plays tyrion is brilliant to be honest

The time there was short, but the dialogue they did have- i enjoyed

Edited by trw1972

The thing that annoys me the most is that it is generally show apologists who don't like them. They use bad source material as an excuse, and say that is the primary reason season five was horrible.

My key problem here is that the show has shown no aversion to shifting storylines and speeding up development, and the result is very different from ASOIAF. I mean, what are their primary complaints regarding the final books?

1. Jaime doing nothing in the Riverlands

Brilliantly replaced by... Jaime doing nothing in Dorne.

2. Brienne searching for Sansa.

Replaced with... Brienne doing nothing outside Winterfell.

3. Sansa eating lemon cakes in the Vale.

Replaced with... Sansa getting raped in Winterfell and neither adding nor subtracting anything from her character. (Let's be honest with ourselves, Sansa's abuse is hardly ever going to be referenced again. Especially because she will NEVER be raped by Ramsay in the books.)

4. Tyrion doing nothing on a journey to Meereen.

Replaced with... Tyrion hanging with bros in Meereen and fucking with everyone's arcs there as he arrived too early.

5. Dorne introducing new characters.

Replaced with... Bad Pussy. The worst arc every viewed on my television.

6. Boring new Aegon laying siege to a castle and elephants on Cape Wrath.

Too boring, must be cut.

7. Euron arriving on the Iron Islands, the Kingsmoot, Victarion heading out with a fleet of 100 longships, raiding the Reach.

Too boring, must be cut.

The new material is sooooo much better than those crappy books. Look at how much butchering those plotlines improved on the source material.

I will stress one last time that I have absolutely no problem with cutting storylines and changing them. I was really looking forward to Sansa in Winterfell. But then we get not a single plotline superior to what I read, with all that potential, with all the knowledge regarding what people disliked and what should be enhanced.

Yes, I was about to address this. Ive been reading people claiming the last 2 books were boring, slow and overall bad and the changes done in the show were great and improved the story. Really? Are we watching the same show? We had a full season of zero progression in some storylines and others just forced so we see more dead characters and rape. Characters should make their decisions based on their characterisation and not forced by the writers, making them act illogical so certain events can happen. This happened troughout the season.

Its not about being different from the books and change or cut storylines/characters. Its about good writing and imo D&D showed this season they cant write.

D&D can write, just not their own material.

When they do, we get things like;

Chaos is a ladder

Smash da beetles

Sand Snake patty cake

And, "you need a bad pussy."

They do very well with book material though.

Forgot 'Cock merchant'

Characters should make their decisions based on their characterisation and not forced by the writers, making them act illogical so certain events can happen. This happened troughout the season.

On that i agree,you have put my feelings better than i did on another thread.

As for books 4 and 5, well i think we can agree the pacing and style was different to the first three books?

If people loved that, then thats great :)

There are fantasy works i love (abercrombies first law books, brent weeks night angel trilogy, butchers furies series, the stormlight archive)

that im sure many find awful

I will still buy the next asoiaf book for sure, and still watch the next season as well ;)

D&D can write, just not their own material.

When they do, we get things like;

Chaos is a ladder

Smash da beetles

Sand Snake patty cake

And, "you need a bad pussy."

They do very well with book material though.

What!? That scene about Orson and the beetles is my favorite dialogue of the show. Is this regarded as 'bad writing' on this forum? I really didn't expect that.

Yeah, that speech about the futility of man or something. Whatever, it was fucking deep. There is no way Martin's text could possibly be better than this epic speech. I mean, it has Lannister bro bonding, remember all of that in the books? It totally exemplifies their relationship, let them mock the handicapped together, the dwarf and the cripple. It was super classy awesome writing.

I gave a 8/10. It was a pretty good episode but I was dissapointed with a few things. There was not enough Tyrion obviously. ^_^ While I didn't like Stannis and I am qute happy he's (probably) dead, I am dissapointed that we didn't see the actual battle. The FTW was sadly underwhelming and so was Sansa escaping. I thought she was finally going to take a stand, I guess she needed Theon for that. The walk of shame was quite boring to watch as was the reveal of the new Kingsguard.

I have to admit that I missed a few things, the Bastard Letter for example and Kevan getting killed.

When it comes down to it not so bad but certainly not the best season finale we've had.