[Poll] How would you rate episode 510?

Ran

How would you rate episode 510?  

1,157 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Get it into your head that the vast majority loves this show and considers it superior TV. Now I am sure you consume a lot of stupid crap regarding the quality of your comments here but don't judge others by your own standards.

I'd never dream of doing that, from a purely statistical point of view it would make no sense.

And if you're going to try and act confident, I suggest you work on concealing your anger. Just a heads up.

Edited by Facebookless Man

"Then stop watching" means something like "don't bring around your food standards and leave me alone eating the crap I like!".

Idem for "well, what you expect! it's game of thrones!" like GRRM's intention was to portray a world in which FUCK YEAH VIOLENCE! is the norm. :dunno:

Nah, we are just sick of people going into a Chipotle and asking for a cheeseburger.

And yes, he did create a world in which weird sex and violence was the norm.

I don't actually see show fans claiming it is superior art like the book fans seem to think the books are superior literature. Rather, we seem to enjoy it for what it is--compelling, well produced, entertainment.

Let's face it--neither the books nor the show are high literature or art. They are a couple steps above pulp, at best, but very entertaining. Show fans seem much more realistic about this. It's the book purists who seem deluded about the quality of the franchise. That's my impression at least.

I don't actually see show fans claiming it is superior art like the book fans seem to think the books are superior literature. Rather, we seem to enjoy it for what it is--compelling, well produced, entertainment.

Let's face it--neither the books nor the show are high literature or art. They are a couple steps above pulp, at best, but very entertaining. Show fans seem much more realistic about this. It's the book purists who seem deluded about the quality of the franchise. That's my impression at least.

I'm pretty sure a huge amount of GoT fans think it has a place amongst the very best TV shows ever. Using the word "art" skews your comparison.

I'm totally on board with ASOIAF being above average pulp, not even on a level with Moorcock's or Gaiman's best tbh.

Doesn't mean it's not a shame they made it into absolute garbage far below that level.

And it's funny how perception works because from where I stand it's the show apologists who get way more angry and personal than warranted.

Yeah in context ot totally makes sense that there was ONE horse left and they watched Mel leave with it.

You guys are weird. I bet you consume a bunch of other stupid crap you don't feel the need to apologize for. I know I do. Why fixate on this garbage like it HAS to be superior TV?

I dont understand the aggression from so many people i must admit.

Different people like different things, it doesnt mean 1 is right and the other person is wrong.

Personally i loved every season before this, but havent loved S5 i still enjoyed it but the quality doesnt compare to s1 to s3 in particular for me

, but then i thought book 4 was mediocre and felt book 5 was tedious.

However if people loved S5, fair play to them :)

And if people think books 4 and 5 were amazing, again fair play to them :)

In conclusion i think maybe it is best to view them separately and not view it as some sort of competition?

In other news, 50 shades is a best seller, Tom Cruise makes millions, and Lady Gaga is a superstar.

What are you guys even arguing about :dunno:

50 Shades has outsold ASoIaF by a large margin also :D

It's funny, people argue about what they like, or don't, expecting others to like, or not like, the same thing - when it doesn't really matter. But, here is the question, if we all just accept that we like things our own way and are unique special snowflake entities with our own interpretation of the world, we don't really have that much to talk about, do we? Romancing a breeding partner, raising children, communicating solutions to issues in the workplace - valid communication, I guess - but when it comes to discussing entertainment, it's about as meaningless as football scores, isn't it? So why do we do it?

No, he had a Blackwood paramour. Bloodraven's mommy.

There is very little, if any, first men blood in the Targaryen family tree.

Aegon the Unlikely, aka Aegon V (not the IV) was married to a Blackwood.

I believe there is also a Dayne somewhere in the Targaryen family tree. Possibly Aegon V's mother, though I would need to check. Both of those are First Men houses.

Eta: yep, I was correct. Maekar Targaryen married Dyanna Dayne. They were Egg's parents. Egg then married Betha Blackwood. They were Jaehaerys and Shaera's parents, who were Awrys and Rhaella's parents, who were Dany's parents. So Dnay's great grandmother and great-great-grandmother had First Men blood

Edited by HelenaExMachina

No, he had a Blackwood paramour. Bloodraven's mommy.

There is very little, if any, first men blood in the Targaryen family tree.

That was Aegon V, as HelenaExMachina said above.

Aegon IV the Unworthy had a Blackwood lover, Melissa, Bloodraven's mother.

I'm pretty sure a huge amount of GoT fans think it has a place amongst the very best TV shows ever. Using the word "art" skews your comparison.

Well, I'm a big show fan (of the mindless entertainment brigade) and there is no way in holy hell that the show (bless it) has EVER been either high art or superior/serious drama. It wouldn't make my list of 'Best ever' by a long way - but then neither would an awful lot of what passes for 'Best ever' on various internet lists, which seem to totally disregard anything produced prior to about 2010! I can't speak for the 'huge amount of GoT fans', Gabe, but my own appreciation comes from a theatrical stance as well as a pure entertainment stance. I love the production values; I love the great theatrical set pieces. There are one or two very good acting performances, and a handful of decent characters whom I root for. Same with the books for me. Not great literature, but a rattling good yarn and a brilliantly realised world. I think both ASOIAF and GoT are more cultural phenomena than art. People get passionate about both - whether in love or hate. Both the show and the books must be doing something right to get so many people engaged.

Regarding the books, however, I made the mistake recently of reading the first few chapters of 'The Eye of the World' by Robert Jordan. I put it down and then re-read a chapter of AGOT, which was like bloody Shakespeare in comparison ;) :)