[Poll] How would you rate episode 510?

Ran

How would you rate episode 510?  

1,157 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Wow, so much butthurt... So many 1 votes...

Anyway, they finally got to the Blind Beth part of Arya's storyline. So that's something.

With Stannis, I'm leaning more towards not dead, main reason being that when you kill one of your main characters, you at least show a body, or show somebody confirming the death. However, maybe they haven't decided what to do with Stannis and that's why it's uncertain.

Sansa and Theon, it's about time. And that annoying psycho no one cared about is finally dead...

Dorne... Is this really what they were talking about, that they will have a WTF moment that would save them or something? They just freakin' stood there. What a waste of a cast. Oh, and Myrcella is dead (unless Tristane can whip out some magical Dornish tears to save her). I don't really care about this death, although their conversation was a bit touching.

Well, Jon finally got the D. As in daggers. And it was... OK. Not as good as in the book, but eh... After dropping massive hints all season and having Ollie look constipated every time they had a scene together, painting him as an obvious traitorous little shit, we finally got to the point. To be honest, the bigger shock would have been not to go through with it, or have Mel (so conveniently present) give him a fiery smooch. Anyway, it is what it is. Unfortunately, I read somewhere that Kit said he will not be appearing next season, which makes me think that he will spend season 6 inside Ghost, possibly leading to a rez in 7.

Cersei' walk... Pretty well done. And Ser Robert was quite imposing.

9/10, because I want to mess with all the Butthurt Betties out there who gave it a 1 just because their crush favorite character just bit the big one.

That's a pretty decent rant compaining about people ranting....only difference is you chose 9/10 for your rating :dunno:

Not really, the timelines dont run in exact parallel. They tend to meet up when interacting, but intermediate time is not always in the same frame. Thats unavoidable and nothing unusual for TV.

Gaps in explaination are left up to you to fill in. TV isnt the mindless medium people make it out to be, some things you have to figure out for yourself. So often on here ive seen people claim something doesnt make sense when a simple off screen event could have explained it. Thats what you have to do with TV.

Not a timeline/timeframe issue when you try and rationalize the sand snakes lovingly seeing everybody off at the harbor.....after they just all tried to kill each other a couple days ago.

No they havent at all, not even close. Most are just people unable to separate the show and the book, the TV show taken in isolation doesnt have such holes. There are a few mistakes yes, its sometimes rushed and a few things are under explained, but gaping holes? No.

In isolation, the show doesn't make any fucking sense. There's literally no internal consistency. Here's a list literally off the top of my head that shows how fucking stupid the show is:

• Travelling. There's no consistency or logic here whatsoever. Littlefinger travels from the Vale to Moat Cailin to Winterfell and then to King's Landing, all in six episodes. Mace Tyrell takes five episodes to sail from King's Landing to Braavos. Meanwhile, Jaime only needs two episodes to sail from King's Landing to Dorne.

Stannis is informed that the sellswords (which sellswords?) took all his horses. So Melisandre manages to ride out of his camp... on a horse...

And conveniently reaches the Wall only a few scenes later.

Back to Stannis - he plans to besiege Winterfell... with no food. Lol.

Brienne gives up her stupid plan to look out for a candle just at the exact moment that Sansa manages to break out. Ok.

Drogon suddenly can't fly? He falls asleep on top of Daenerys? What?

Dany tells Drogon they need to go "home"? Honey, you were the one who told him to fly away!

Varys pops up in Meereen and manages to walk around safely, right by the Queen's pyramid. Guards, what guards?

Everyone trusts Tyrion. Ok.

Dany drops her ring to leave a clue... Despite the fact that she's literally right near Drogon's nest anyway, so anyone who came looking for her would notice that.

And why the fuck did she not even call Drogon? Does he suddenly not care about her?

Ellaria and the Sand Snakes kill Myrcella ... but Trystane - literally the heir to Dorne - is also on the boat, which is literally a few metres away.

Should I keep going?

Honestly Lena can't help the way she looks, she has taken care of herself so good for her. I am not going to ask her to change her body with child birth so she resembles Cersei more physically.

Makeup is a thing. :) There's no need to actually change her.

Dany did not have full control of Drogon in the begining of her last chapter, so I was ok with that, but he was with her wtf happened there?

True, but she had been flying him fairly frequently.

Olly was in fact his last word and Ghost puppy left with his Master Sam. I mean really he shows up for Sam but not Jon. At least show Jon locking him up

No I need to pretend it didn't happen that way. Oh wait, it didn't in GRRMs world. That makes me feel better. Sort of.

In isolation, the show doesn't make any fucking sense. There's literally no internal consistency. Here's a list literally off the top of my head that shows how fucking stupid the show is:

• Travelling. There's no consistency or logic here whatsoever. Littlefinger travels from the Vale to Moat Cailin to Winterfell and then to King's Landing, all in six episodes. Mace Tyrell takes five episodes to sail from King's Landing to Braavos. Meanwhile, Jaime only needs two episodes to sail from King's Landing to Dorne.

Stannis is informed that the sellswords (which sellswords?) took all his horses. So Melisandre manages to ride out of his camp... on a horse...

Brienne gives up her stupid plan to look out for a candle just at the exact moment that Sansa manages to break out. Ok.

Dany tells Drogon they need to go "home"? Honey, you were the one who told him to fly away!

Varys pops up in Meereen and manages to walk around safely, right by the Queen's pyramid. Guards, what guards?

Dany drops her ring to leave a clue... Despite the fact that she's literally right near Drogon's nest anyway, so anyone who came looking for her would notice that.

And why the fuck did she not even call Drogon? Does he suddenly not care about her?

Ellaria and the Sand Snakes kill Myrcella ... but Trystane - literally the heir to Dorne - is also on the boat, which is literally a few metres away.

Should I keep going?

Adding one:

Theon pushes Myranda off a wall, and the fall kills her instantly. Theon grabs Sansa, they walk ten feet, actually climb UP a couple feet to get over THE SAME WALL THAT JUST KILLED MYRANDA and jump off

Liked Theon and Sansa making the jump. Hope they make it out okay; my grandparents thought those two killed themselves.

I know the books, I know that Theon and Jeyne Poole escape in a similar situation - but how the show has depicted the situation there should be no way they survive and escape!

If you judge the show on its own without regarding the books - it doesn't make any sense they survive.

In the books there is very deep snow the soften their fall, and some allies waiting outside helping their escape.

In the show the should die from the fall, at least be very injured, and Ramsey with the Bolton army is just entering Winterfell again. It should be a matter of minutes that Myranda's body is found, Sansa and Reek be found missing, and a huge hunting party would start searching for them. If they survive the jump badly injured - they stand no chance to escape Ramsey's hunting party.

In the show it only makes sense now that Sansa and Theon have given themselves the gift of mercy by jumping from these walls. "Let me die while there is still something left of me."

Every twist they could come up with to save Sansa's life next season would feel like a Monty Python comedy.

They really botched up Stannis' plotline these past 2 episodes. I don't know what they were thinking. 3 seasons of buildup for him to take the north I definitely feel like his death should have been a much larger event than how it played out.

Gave it an 8. Hated seeing my boy Jon get stabbed in the gut so many times. In the book I could see him surviving, but this many gut shots, I don't see how. I was never a fan of the kiss of life and now it seems like that is his only chance.

RIP, Jon Snow, Stannis, Selsye, and Myrcella, basically the entire Baratheon line..... random red shirt army guys x5000, and lastly, RIP Cersie's hair!

Funny how people are complaining about so many cliff hangers, since it's pretty much where the last book left off.

Edited by dbunting

Should I keep going?

Really thats it?? Most of that isnt even a problem let alone a 'plot hole'. If that really is a problem for you then you shouldnt be watching any TV at all, ever.

Really thats it?? Most of that isnt even a problem let alone a 'plot hole'. If that really is a problem for you then you shouldnt be watching any TV at all, ever.

No, that isn't all of it - that was my whole point.......

And don't be an idiot. There are plenty of TV shows that doesn't insult their viewers every week like this show does. I watch them and I enjoy them. When there are plot holes in any TV show I watch, I fucking point them out and criticise them. This show isn't the only one I criticise.

An excellent, thoroughly entertaining finale, I award it a 9 and proclaim it the second best episode of the season.

The only downer, as ever, was Dorne.

Not expecting another book for years yet, so I'm enjoying the show in the meantime, but at the same time, not taking it too seriously.

Brienne killing Stannis. Maybe this happens in the books. Maybe George RR Martin is going to channel his inner Stephenie Meyer in the later books. But that is what we get for the battle of ice? Screw that, docking major points. If I find out that she kept Stannis alive to trade him to the Boltons for Sansa then maybe that will redeem the story.

That would be an interesting and clever idea indeed. Especially Stannis' last words "Do your duty" could mirror LSH's "Sword or noose". But:

• That would be clever and subtile, and that's not D&D's style. Just look at the Olly storyline.

I just rewatched the sceene. Brienne already swings the sword. And her face looked absolutely determined, without any hint of a doubt that THIS - killing Stannis - is her duty. She would need to have a change of heart right before the impact. Making such a twist would absolutely betray the scene they have just shown us.

Brienne being stabbed in the back at the last moment by Ramsey or a knight from the Vale also wouldn't work, because the sword is already in full motion.

The only possible fake out twist could be Brienne missing and just hitting the tree - like Jon Snow missed Ygrittes neck and hit the stone. And then have Brienne have a change of heart. But I still can't imagine that.

I knew they were going to end it with the Jon cliffhanger... But it's just so terrible. I love the books because it only takes a few sentences here and there to help the readers piece the puzzle together but on screen you just can't do that with the fast pace to make up for the few episodes it gets. The show is mostly a mess IMHO. Riveting and entertaining, but with regards to story, it's all over the place.
I voted 7 anyway. The source material is too good for it to be utterly terrible but the shows writing has really gone down hill this season. Regardless, I'll watch it again next year, hopefully with the Winds of Winter already read.

No, that isn't all of it - that was my whole point.......

And don't be an idiot. There are plenty of TV shows that doesn't insult their viewers every week like this show does. I watch them and I enjoy them. When there are plot holes in any TV show I watch, I fucking point them out and criticise them. This show isn't the only one I criticise.

Ok fine so thats not it, so what else? I assumed that was the worst, but isnt it? If thats the worst then there is nothing much to complain about frankly.

I don't see how this is insulting viewers at all, its letting the viewers make up their own minds, thats part of the intrigue.

I get that its not flawless, and yes this season has had serious pacing issues, too much fluff, important bits rushed, but as for outright holes, no.

Ok fine so thats not it, so what else? I assumed that was the worst, but isnt it? If thats the worst then there is nothing much to complain about frankly.

I don't see how this is insulting viewers at all, its letting the viewers make up their own minds, thats part of the intrigue.

I get that its not flawless, and yes this season has had serious pacing issues, too much fluff, important bits rushed, but as for outright holes, no.

I'm not going to write a fucking list of every single plot hole in the series. I've done that before and it's exhausting, and D&D apologists just ignore it anyway. If you want to read criticism of the show, go and find it yourself.

You don't see how Stannis trying to besiege Winterfell with no food is insulting viewers? Okay, that's absolutely great for you! I'm glad you're happy to watch the show and enjoy it. But please don't spout nonsense about how there aren't plot holes in this show. Because - and I'll repeat this again - Stannis literally tried to besiege a castle... with no food... Do you understand how sieges work? You should, because the show has actually explained that to us a few times. We know that Stannis survived a siege once that lasted around a year, and by that point they were eating rats.

So please explain to me why he would try and start a siege with no food. A siege that could potentially last years and yet he could not survive it for more than a few days. Please. Explain it.

I think if someone is willing to explain why in the show, the show alone and not the books, Dany flew away in the first place, then I'd be willing to revise my score. Saint Tyrion and the gang have escaped the sons of the Harpy easily. So clearly, there wasn't really any danger she needed to flee from. And she realises that now since she calls Meereen home and wants to go back. Without any internal conflict whatsoever.

'Kill the Masters' written in English and not High Valyrian....

Sunspear aka Dorne not being sunny, sandy or desert-like at all....

The Water Gardens having no water....

Blackfish not being mentioned for 3 seasons....

Gendry, a mainstay over the first couple seasons gets sent off on a rowboat and hasn't reappeared for 3 or so seasons....(especially with the Kingsblood stuff, he's obv loaded with enough of it to warrant a ball-leeching)