Awesome Arya

Arataniello

The whole pedoTrant thing was a little too much. She didn't need him to be a sadistic pedo for her to have a reason to kill him. I also think that he lasted a little bit too long. Other than than that it was OK but it did make Arya seem a little psycho.

It would have been more meaningful without the pedophile angle. Much more powerful death if it had been one of Trant's men who tried to rape the girls, and Trant beat him to a pulp and freed the underage girls. Showing us he had a decent side. Then a few seconds later he dies that same horrible death, eyeless. That would have made Arya's character deeper and more controversial. The way they played it out, it was just the obvious thing to do. Big deal.

Meh, I wasn't a fan of her uber-feral methods and I could have used a lot less of the sadistic side of Trant. I liked her cool and cold as she talked to him, but not the feral beast side of her. Maybe I'm interpreting her character wrong or something, but it seemed off and over the top.

I'm fine with the Arya scene. Trant had to be shown as a bad guy in some meaningful way, making him a pedophile was a good choice. Otherwise, Arya is darker--the things he did to put him on her list could be excused by saying "Oh, he was just doing his duty. His King ordered him to do those things" Making him a pedophile makes it easier for people to say "Well, he should have ignored the bad orders of his psychotic King and told Joff's Mommy--and anyway, he liked to hurt little girls"

I suppose Arya was too wild. Do you think it was because Trant had been on her list for so long and because he killed Syrio?

The Arya scenes in this episode were amazing, and totally surprised me with the way they were done. I think it was a great choice to not setup Arya getting the face, and just jumping right into her murdering Trant. And the execution, so awesome (though it was proceeded by more excessive GoT cruelty). I really loved how it ended with the Blind Little Girl cliffhanger from Feast, totally unexpected!! All this leads me to believe that the Mercy chapter (and the story in between in Braavos) has yet to be fully adapted by the show, and will be in Season 6. There was casting rumors of "head of acting company" or something along those lines, plus Arya didn't use Needle on Trant, and Mercy's story looked to continue beyond the preview chapter in The Winds of Winter.

The whole pedoTrant thing was a little too much. She didn't need him to be a sadistic pedo for her to have a reason to kill him. I also think that he lasted a little bit too long. Other than than that it was OK but it did make Arya seem a little psycho.

But Arya is a psycho. Not even a little one, she's a full blown psycho

It would have been more meaningful without the pedophile angle. Much more powerful death if it had been one of Trant's men who tried to rape the girls, and Trant beat him to a pulp and freed the underage girls. Showing us he had a decent side. Then a few seconds later he dies that same horrible death, eyeless. That would have made Arya's character deeper and more controversial. The way they played it out, it was just the obvious thing to do. Big deal.

That's an interesting take on this

Archived