Do your duty.... Or don't? (BOOK & TV SPOILERS)

Such a bullshit "rule" that every fandom seems to cling to. Stannis is dead. Be glad they gave him a respectable exit.

Respectable exit! You know what, nevermind, there's no point in arguing anymore, as Renly said about Stannis once, "I'd have better luck debating the wind"

Respectable exit! You know what, nevermind, there's no point in arguing anymore, as Renly said about Stannis once, "I'd have better luck debating the wind"

It's a common trope in fiction. This has nothing to do with the fanbase of Stannis.

Do you believe the Hound is dead?

I really don't think Stannis is dead. Brienne/Pod and Stannis will meet up with Sansa and Theon and the five will likely go and find Rickon once Sansa tells them that he's alive. I could see Stannis forsaking his dream of becoming king after losing his family plus being abandoned and defeated. Or at least trying to use Rickon as a way of rallying the north to his cause if he still dreams big. The book will likely be different, but I could definitely see this happening in the show.

Being killed by Brienne fucking Tarth is a respectable exit now. LOL

To be honest, I'm fine if she killed him. The battle was the upsetting part. At least he went down "Stannisy" with that line, and Brienne is 100x more preferable than that prick Ramsay the Unstoppable.

If that's a respectable exit for a character, then I'm truly curious what qualifies as a disrespectful one.

It's respectable in the sense that he faced his death with bravery and didn't beg and plead. He understood why Brienne wanted his head, and he respected it.

For fuck's sake some of you are so goddamn petty about every. little. thing.

Such a bullshit "rule" that every fandom seems to cling to. Stannis is dead. Be glad they gave him a respectable exit.

Yeah, being put down like a wounded dog after losing everything, by a stranger completely out of left field, after the show spent two episodes showing how much of a daughter-burning loser you are is a ''respectable exit'' now.

What next, do you think Meryn Trant had a pleasant massage?

If Stannis had told Brienne that he was being vexed by a piece of fruit rather than "go ahead do your duty" there would be no doubt about his death?

"I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach."

Only way he lives is if was allowed to TAKE THE BLACK.

With no army, no wife, no witch, no heirs, no money, he has nothing to live for.

I find it funny that everyone is forgetting that HE LOST THE BATTLE IN THE BOOK. He DIED in the book! This is exactly what the book led us to believe, and it happened, and you *still* are living in denial.

Do you hate GRRM for causing Stannis the Mancrush to lose the battle of Winterfell? Because it's canon. Fucking confirmed.

Yeah, being put down like a wounded dog after losing everything, by a stranger completely out of left field, after the show spent two episodes showing how much of a daughter-burning loser you are is a ''respectable exit'' now.

What next, do you think Meryn Trant had a pleasant massage?

Irrelevant. Main point was that your "no body, no death" notion was nonsense.

Archived