Daenerys' dropped ring

a free shadow

I am wondering, if there are ideas why Daenerys' dropped her pearl ring, when she realized she is getting surrounded by the dothraki.

I could not make a good guess and I am rather reluctant to believe that she was leaving a sign of herself to be found by her supposed rescuers, as I have seen a few commentators interpreting it.

I hate puzzles I can not figure out :angry:

I am wondering, if there are ideas why Daenerys' dropped her pearl ring, when she realized she is getting surrounded by the dothraki.

I could not make a good guess and I am rather reluctant to believe that she was leaving a sign of herself to be found by her supposed rescuers, as I have seen a few commentators interpreting it.

I hate puzzles I can not figure out :angry:

DB Weiss said that it's a breadcrumb for someone who may be looking for her on inside the episode.

DB Weiss said that it's a breadcrumb for someone who may be looking for her on inside the episode.

When I heard him say that, I couldn't help but laugh. Oh yeah, sure, out of thousands or millions of acres of grassland, and after about 50 billion Dothraki horse just completely annihilated any trace of Dany's footsteps in the area...not that finding those would have been a real longshot anyway... Jorah and Daario are just going to happen to stumble across this tiny ring in the middle of farking nowhere and know to follow the Dothraki. Right.

I thought it was from her fiance (now dead) and she didn't want the Dothraki to know she was going to re-marry.

I thought the same. She was supposed to go die with the crones, not remarry.

But then I noticed she was missing her necklace too...

Leaving it for her rescuers to find it's stupid, but hey, it worked in the lord of the rings...

When I heard him say that, I couldn't help but laugh. Oh yeah, sure, out of thousands or millions of acres of grassland, and after about 50 billion Dothraki horse just completely annihilated any trace of Dany's footsteps in the area...not that finding those would have been a real longshot anyway... Jorah and Daario are just going to happen to stumble across this tiny ring in the middle of farking nowhere and know to follow the Dothraki. Right.

Well, actually it might not be too difficult for a tracker to find if they made it to that area, and dragon sightings may lead them there. Given the way the horses circled her, it also wouldn't be difficult to pick out where she was standing, which becomes the focal point for the Dothraki's movements.

So are we saying that Daario and Jorah will actually find it and figure the rest out? Seems doubtful. Drogon presence could change things though.

It's kind of dumb. But at the same time, it's not like she had any options. But if they do have Daario and Jorah find the ring...it's going to kind of stupid. I guess it depends on how they do it.

How will they find it?

Follow the big black dragon flying in the sky.

Find Drogon's feeding area (lots of bones up there).

search area.

find ring.

Of course, all that would prove is Drogon took her to his hideout.

I thought she was getting rid of her Queen identity before facing the Dothrakis, like a symbolic act.

But then, I was reminded this is written by D&D and she was simply leaving breadcrumbs because a girl with a FUCKING DRAGON is apparently quite hard to find without leaving pieces of jewellery...

"Look, Ser Fedorah! there are charred bones over there! Do you think...?"

"No, Boy Toy... that cannot be her"

"But... this is obvious something the dragon could have done!"

"No. She would have left us a clue".

"Yeah, your right. It's probably some other dragon!".

:rolleyes:

I thought she was getting rid of her Queen identity before facing the Dothrakis, like a symbolic act.

But then, I was reminded this is written by D&D and she was simply leaving breadcrumbs because a girl with a FUCKING DRAGON is apparently quite hard to find without leaving pieces of jewellery...

"Look, Ser Fedorah! there are charred bones over there! Do you think...?"

"No, Boy Toy... that cannot be her"

"But... this is obvious something the dragon could have done!"

"No. She would have left us a clue".

"Yeah, your right. It's probably some other dragon!".

:rolleyes:

Not to defend D&D, but it is likely that Drogon has multiple areas that he feeds.

Assuming Dany is captured, and Drogon moves on, anyone looking for her could find multiple locations with bones.

The ring, means that Dany was there (where as the bones mean Drogon was there).

With that said, that might be giving too much credit. That ring, would literally NEVER be found without xray vision. By the time Jorah/ Dario get there the grass would have grown and it would be gone.

At first I thought she was trying to get rid of jewelry so that they wouldn't question her on where she got it and get it into their heads to sack Meereen. Which I thought was stupid, because Dothraki aren't blind. They'll see her jewels lying right in front of her if she's not trying to run. Then I realized she was trying to leave a trail which I found even more hilarious. If the people tracking her can't see Drogon's feeding area and the massive damage 10,000 horses would do to the landscape and put two and two together, then they're idiots and Dany would be screwed anyway.

Archived