Daenerys' dropped ring

a free shadow

:agree:

As others have said D&D have said that it is a clue that she was there. Tracking a khalasar would be easy from there. I wonder how the dothraki will treat her. :dunno:

They were circling her--the entire Khalasar--in what sounded like a triumphant cheer.

If they meant to harm her they wouldn't put her in the center of hundreds of circling riders as if they were orbiting some central star.

My guess is they either heard about her escape on Drogon's back or saw her flying with Drogon.

Jorah will find it, lick it and then figure out which direction she went in some Sherlock Holmes-esque scene of numbers and map lines.

Or he'll turn Gollum after strangling Daario for the ring, rubbing it at night going "My precious...JORAH...JORAH."

By rights, with that big ass crowd of Dothraki (uh, why did an entire khalasar need to surround her? Do they do this to everyone they see on the Dothraki Sea?) circling her on their horses, the ring should either be broken into pieces or pummelled into the dirt, never to be seen again

By rights, with that big ass crowd of Dothraki (uh, why did an entire khalasar need to surround her? Do they do this to everyone they see on the Dothraki Sea?) circling her on their horses, the ring should either be broken into pieces or pummelled into the dirt, never to be seen again

"Riders of Rohan Dothrak what news from the Mark Sea?"

They were hardly moving in that direction for no reason. She was 'surrounded', Dothraki came both from her back and front.. means that they were heading toward her.

I assumed she dropped it because it was a marriage symbol. I can say without a doubt, if Jorah and Daario are able to track something that flies, I will be sorely disappointed.

I don't think it would be too difficult to track Drogon as he is huge, black and badly hurt, so not able to fly too far. People tend to notice dragons moving into neighbourhood, so it could be as easy as going in opposite direction as the people running for their lives...

I hope Dany gets out of this mess on her own or with Drogon's help though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the whole Jorah/Daario to the rescue thing is just a plot device to get rid of them ;)

you mean like...she was on a hilll..no sign of life aparte her and a dragon then..all of a sudden dothraki spring out from nowhere?

not a dozen, hundreds of them springing out from prairie..

it is only logic to drop a clue in the midst of it, her pursuers are bound to stumble on it.

Let's just hope that another horde of dothraki won't spring out from nowhere to welcome them..

these are things that happen in BAD movies or Tv IMHO :(

Well it happened in Lord of the Rings. Like a human can find a brooch that was trampled into the ground by orcs. That has always kinda annoyed me too.

I am not a Tolkien apologist but its far more likely that the ranger Aragon who spent most of his life in the wild, who was tracking a specific band of orcs would be looking at the ground enough to not only follow the orcs but find the breadcrumb. In the show, the total area that was trampled was far greater, not to mention that they have no way to track a flying dragon well enough to even reasonable assume they could stumble upon it. I would be a far better story to tell if after finding the dragon nest/feeding area that they seen the immense amount of horse tracks and made an assumption that Dany was probably taken. Honestly, finding a small ring, over a possible area of 100's of square miles, by sheer luck seems a bit far fetched.

I'm pretty sure she dropped it because she was supposed to go spend the rest of her says with the dosh Khaleen crones. She didn't want the khalasar to know that she had plans to re-marry. She knows them well and she knows their ways.

Also, it's totally a breadcrumb for anyone who may be looking for her...but most importantly, they can't know she has moved on from her sun and stars. I think Drogo will always be the love of her life, but tens of thousands of Dothraki screamers aren't going to ask a ton of questions.

Archived