Daenerys' dropped ring

a free shadow

Season 6 starts with Daario and Jorah knocking on doors asking if anyone saw a flying lizard some moons past. Village to village.

Further description - big black one, face like a puppy dog - may have had Sarah Conor riding it.

I am not a Tolkien apologist but its far more likely that the ranger Aragon who spent most of his life in the wild, who was tracking a specific band of orcs would be looking at the ground enough to not only follow the orcs but find the breadcrumb. In the show, the total area that was trampled was far greater, not to mention that they have no way to track a flying dragon well enough to even reasonable assume they could stumble upon it. I would be a far better story to tell if after finding the dragon nest/feeding area that they seen the immense amount of horse tracks and made an assumption that Dany was probably taken. Honestly, finding a small ring, over a possible area of 100's of square miles, by sheer luck seems a bit far fetched.

The books make a point of Pippin running from the Orcs a short ways so that his tracks are distinguishable and they can be tracked. The films are just tripe.

Maybe Jorah and Daario will find it, maybe not. Either way, next season, Tyrion stabilizes Mereen, only to face an invasion by Euron Greyjoy. All seems last until, at the last moment, Dany arrive riding Drogon with a Dothraki Khalasar to do her bidding. The Iron Fleet is captured. Dany and her forces sail the ships to Westeros where Winter has truly hit.

Sometimes I think Dany's whole storyline is a matter of filling time and space to get her to the end of the series where she can save the day. It could be any random events that take up months or years of her life until she is ready to appear where and when needed to finish off the invasion.

Hundreds of horses running in circles in the grass leaves some marks, you know...

And it's funny that so many of you are already BITCHING about the ring as if Jorah had already easily found it... Remember how some of you bitched about the candle for the same reason? And yet, nothing happened as you expected. Can't you just wait?

Hundreds of horses running in circles in the grass leaves some marks, you know...

And it's funny that so many of you are already BITCHING about the ring as if Jorah had already easily found it... Remember how some of you bitched about the candle for the same reason? And yet, nothing happened as you expected. Can't you just wait?

You can't be for real.

The candle actually would have worked, which is retarded, but Brienne stopped looking 3 seconds before Sansa lit it, which is even worse of a cliché, contrivance, and waste of the viewer's time.

They managed to make the whole candle thing even stupider than it already was and you're triumphant about it. Good going.

I thought she was getting rid of her Queen identity before facing the Dothrakis, like a symbolic act.

Kinda what I thought too. A social engineering type thing.

A symbol of "royalty", citizenship to meereen, marriage... something along those lines she wouldn't want the Dothraki to see her in because either she doesn't want to be a random victim or they may recognize her and having that ornament would condemn her in some way in their eyes.

I wouldn't think her FIRST thought would be to drop it so Someone who knows her can find it. None of the hundreds (thousands?) surrounding her will see the shiny trinket and keep it? Won't it get smashed into the ground like a sunflower seed that doesn't grow?

The reason it worked for Pippen was Aragorn was explained from the outset that he's a ranger, a tracker... an extremely gifted and talented tracker like Legolas with those eyes... wasn't too far a stretch for me in the books for that one... just lucky I guess and he did have to search for a bit before finding it.

But hearing it was supposed to be a breadcrumb at the outset instead of some immediate social interaction reason? She's assuming they're not just going to rape and kill her on sight, or take her to the mombase to answer for her "sins/crimes" against their ways.

You can't be for real.

The candle actually would have worked, which is retarded, but Brienne stopped looking 3 seconds before Sansa lit it, which is even worse of a cliché, contrivance, and waste of the viewer's time.

They managed to make the whole candle thing even stupider than it already was and you're triumphant about it. Good going.

Your hate can't be for real.

You bitched about how easy and unsubtle it was for Brienne to wait for the candle and then save Sansa, yet, it never happened that way. And you're doing the same with the ring, bitching about how easy and unsubtle it is that Jorah finds it in the middle of somewhere, yet, you have no idea how it will happen. Drogon is still there, he could save her and she could come back home with the dothrakis. But keep complaining and bitching, it seems that it's your only purpose in life.

I don't buy both the LotR or this idiot GoT breadcrumb plot device no matter what sort of reasons there are.

I can't watch another buddy cop thing. I had to sit through Jamie + Bronn this whole season, even thou I like them, but I don't want another season of sitting through buddy Jorah + Daario. The only buddy pair I like is Tyrion + Varys.

The writers suck at developing characters and they are only able to fall back on the typical smart alecky sterotype for this kind of things.

Well, actually it might not be too difficult for a tracker to find if they made it to that area, and dragon sightings may lead them there. Given the way the horses circled her, it also wouldn't be difficult to pick out where she was standing, which becomes the focal point for the Dothraki's movements.

Precisely, the horses going round and round would make a target. J and D would look inside that target careful to see what they could see. Not all that difficult. And since the Dothraki are not interested in Dany for what they could steal, it wouldn't be in their interest to examine her for baubles. The fact that she has three dragons cannot be something they have missed. They may not like her, but they may be interested in those dragons, especially if they know the dragons were hatched in Drogo's funeral pyre.

The ring thing seems a bit silly but it's not like she has much of a choice. Plus if they're tracking the ground they'll notice the horse tracks and have a small chance finding a ring which would signify she was adducted and for them to follow the tracks rather than simply writing them off and looking in other directions.

Breadcrumbs? Not visible enough for a dothraki horde coming, but visible enough for people coming at least weeks after that, and not knowing where to look for what?

I'm not even sold on the meaning of rings in those two different, far away cultures. It is not like they were alla americans or other european cultures which make a point of having wedding rings and promise rings too. It could have been some other cultural symbol from what we know.

I am puzzled from the gesture, and many of the possible meanings of it would translate to bad writing to my judgement.
I'll have to wait and hope. My hope will be that it will not be the n-esimal princess in distress of this show after the end of Martin-written pages. I hope she will have personally some conflict with the Dothrakis using her strenghts (including Drogon) to her advantage and not just being a prisoner incapable of any will or action like Myrcella and Sansa were this season.
And I really hope her action will not be leaving breadcrumbs to the valiant knights that come to her rescue only out of love for her beauty.

But hey, Mary Sue is the central character of any fanfiction, isn't it?

I feel like it is quote obvious, Jorah and Euron/Benjen/Rhaegar are gonna see it from miles off and when they get up to it put it on. We know from the prequel that when u put "the ring" on her can hear dragon speak. Drogon will say, hey dummies, the Khalsaar took her back to Vaes Dothrak, and from there Benjen will use his navigating skills as First Ranger to lead them there.

They get to VD and Euron talks to them, using the skills he picked up in the Kingsmoot earlier that episode to become friends. Jorah will rub the ring all over his arm getting it all greyscaley but the Dothraki won't notice cause they are enthralled with Rhaegar's awesome Harp playing.

Jorah then passes the ring around for everyone to touch as proof that it is real and everyone then contracts greyscale. They steal off in the middle of the night and then they build a giant wall which Nights watch people man for thousands of years holding off the stone men from entering the kingdoms of men.

The clues are all there guys.

Archived