Daenerys' dropped ring

a free shadow

If this is true, it is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Especially since the first words out of her mouth to Drogon are "Where have you taken me?" So she could be hundreds of miles away and everyone could expect her dead and no one comes looking. Just absolutely stupid on dumb & dumber's part. :bang:

Look, as much as I enjoy poking (fun) at Dany's ring, this plot point isn't that bad :)

Jorah the Andal and Daario the Dude will go off tracking a dragon, looking for Drogon, obviously. They will find a scorched area of earth that represents a dragon nest, complete with the bones of past meals. From the nest, they will track the footprints of a smallish woman. These footprints will run into a lot of hoofprints and the Andal will go, "Dothraki got her"

Dude will go, "Probably dead then, I'll have to start fucking Missendai instead. That'll show that ball-less fucker why he needs nuts."

Andal will go, "No, I won't give up on my Kahlissi." Andal will then find Dany's ring and go, "it's a sign, she left it for us. She is alive and wants us to follow!"

Dude will go, "she could still be dead, but, just in case she isn't, I won't be letting you get to her first. Fine, we follow the hoofprints." Dude will then look at Andal, "Also, I've been meaning to ask, why is your neck going scaly?"

My first thought was that she was trying to remove anything that could identify her. But then I thought, "Why wouldn't she want them to know who she is? It could potentially give her leverage over the Dothraki, or at the very least prevent her from getting brutally raped and left for dead." Then I thought maybe other Khals would recognize her as Drogo's wife and I kill her to spite Drogo.

THEN I watched the "breadcrumb" part and LMFAOed. If they find that ring in all that grass, I'll roll my eyes hard enough that they fall out of my head.

I assumed it was a breadcrumb, which I think is rather ridiculous. Wasn't she wearing the ring on her right hand? You wear your engagement and wedding ring on your left hand because it is closer to your heart. The breadcrumb thing is ridiculous. I grew up on a horse farm. We once had a customer lose his diamond horseshoe ring in the riding ring and it took forever to find and he was riding in an enclosed area on a track. He wasn't even anywhere in the center of the ring. He was in the ring riding against the rail with no other horses and riders with him. As I said there were like 6 people out looking for a couple of hours. Finally someone went and got a metal detector and found it. It would have been impossible to find in a large open area.

Danys husband just died the previous episode. She is going to marry the new Khal and have an army of rapists to help her dominate Essos..By the end of season 6 i see her leaving for or arriving in Westeros. Most likely Dorne.

Weren't they on grass? What footprints. Even if she left footprints they would be covered by hoof prints with all of those horses. My brother said he thought she looked like Custer at Little Big Horn. There she was with all of that blonde hair standing there surrounded by the Indians.

The Dothraki are a crazy tribe like culture. Beyond the "bread crumbs" idea, she just didn't want them to think she was some formalized biatch. I don't know why people aren't recognizing this.

Dothraki wear tons of jewellery. But anyway it's obvious that she dropped it because it's some kind of explosive device.

Jorah: Not idly do the pearls of meereen fall.

Daario: She may yet be alive

a little while earlier

Tyrion: I'm wasted on cross-country! We Dwarves are natural sprinters, very dangerous over short distances.

a short time later

Dothraki: What business does a northener, a Tyroshi, and a Dwarf have in the Dothraki sea? Speak quickly.

Tyrion: Give me your name horsemaster and i shall give you mine

Dothraki: [gets off horse] I would cut off your head, Dwarf, if it stood but a little higher from the ground.

Daario: [quickly draws his bow] You would die before your stroke fell!

Jorah: I am Jorah, son of Jeor. This is Tyrion, son of Tywin, and Daario of the Second Sons. We are friends of the Dothraki, and of Drogo, your Khal.

Dothraki: Drogo is no more. Jhaqo has poisoned the mind of the khalasar and claimed khalship over these lands. My company are those loyal to Drogo, and for that we are banished. The spider is cunning. And everywhere his little birds slip past our nets.

Jorah: We are no spies. We track a party of Dothraki, Westward across the plain. They have taken our queen captive.

The Dothraki are a crazy tribe like culture. Beyond the "bread crumbs" idea, she just didn't want them to think she was some formalized biatch. I don't know why people aren't recognizing this.

Because one of the show runners has said she left it as a breadcrumb. Plus, dropping one ring doesn't make her appear any less 'formalised'

Weren't they on grass? What footprints. Even if she left footprints they would be covered by hoof prints with all of those horses. My brother said he thought she looked like Custer at Little Big Horn. There she was with all of that blonde hair standing there surrounded by the Indians.

Yea, the hoofprints wiping the footprint tracks away is a likely possibility. But isn't team Daario/Jorah supposed to have godlike tracking ability :D

I assumed it was a breadcrumb, which I think is rather ridiculous. Wasn't she wearing the ring on her right hand? You wear your engagement and wedding ring on your left hand because it is closer to your heart. The breadcrumb thing is ridiculous. I grew up on a horse farm. We once had a customer lose his diamond horseshoe ring in the riding ring and it took forever to find and he was riding in an enclosed area on a track. He wasn't even anywhere in the center of the ring. He was in the ring riding against the rail with no other horses and riders with him. As I said there were like 6 people out looking for a couple of hours. Finally someone went and got a metal detector and found it. It would have been impossible to find in a large open area.

Went for a smoke outside the back door of the office where I work. There's a patch of greenery, about 20' by 8' with a tree and some green foliage stuff. So I'm standing there at the back door, and a yellowjacket flies around my head and lands on the back of my neck. Fast as instinct I cupped the yellowjacket in my left hand, loosely grasped it, and flung it away from me as fast and hard as I could towards the greenery. Whew!!!!

Then I noticed. My wedding ring...! Oh no. It flew off when I whipped my hand out like that!

Searched for the rest of the afternoon. Got a coworker involved. 4 hours later, she starts pulling out the greenery so now we're just looking at dirt. Nothing. I go home, buy a metal detector. Next day search, nothing. Wife comes by with kids. There's 6 people searching for a plain silver ring in a small patch about 20' by 8'. After several days... we finally give up. It was a cheap walmart wedding ring anyway, not a huge monetary loss. Giving her a back rub every day and kissing her goodnight every night is more important to me than a chunk of metal.

But I know how hard it is to find a ring, even when you know roughly the small area it HAS to be in!

But in my opinion she isnt captured. There is a dues ex machina in form of drogon just waiting on a hilltop.

But Dany needs to return to Vaes Dothrak presumably, and the show hasn't really explained that she was supposed to return there after Drogo died. So they had to take away her agency in order to get her there.

They only have to look around the area where the footprints stop. After Dany dropped the ring, she didn't move.

There are thousands of riders surrounding her. I hope even Dumb & Dumber wouldn't be moronic enough to think her footprints could survive that.

Look, as much as I enjoy poking (fun) at Dany's ring, this plot point isn't that bad :)

Jorah the Andal and Daario the Dude will go off tracking a dragon, looking for Drogon, obviously. They will find a scorched area of earth that represents a dragon nest, complete with the bones of past meals. From the nest, they will track the footprints of a smallish woman. These footprints will run into a lot of hoofprints and the Andal will go, "Dothraki got her"

Dude will go, "Probably dead then, I'll have to start fucking Missendai instead. That'll show that ball-less fucker why he needs nuts."

Andal will go, "No, I won't give up on my Kahlissi." Andal will then find Dany's ring and go, "it's a sign, she left it for us. She is alive and wants us to follow!"

Dude will go, "she could still be dead, but, just in case she isn't, I won't be letting you get to her first. Fine, we follow the hoofprints." Dude will then look at Andal, "Also, I've been meaning to ask, why is your neck going scaly?"

How does the ring prove she isn't dead?

And how can they follow Drogon, when he literally flies off all over the place in show-canon? A few episodes ago he was chilling in Valyria, so how is Jorah going to know which way to go?

The books actually have the characters reflecting on how it would be impossible to track Drogon. Yes, there will be signs of where he's hunted, but because he flies there shouldn't be any way to track his movements.

Daario and Jorah managing to find his lair would already be a huge contrivance, but finding Dany's ring and somehow knowing what that means would be even more illogical.

I thought she was getting rid of her Queen identity before facing the Dothrakis, like a symbolic act.

But then, I was reminded this is written by D&D and she was simply leaving breadcrumbs because a girl with a FUCKING DRAGON is apparently quite hard to find without leaving pieces of jewellery...

"Look, Ser Fedorah! there are charred bones over there! Do you think...?"

"No, Boy Toy... that cannot be her"

"But... this is obvious something the dragon could have done!"

"No. She would have left us a clue".

"Yeah, your right. It's probably some other dragon!".

:rolleyes:

At first I thought she was trying to get rid of jewelry so that they wouldn't question her on where she got it and get it into their heads to sack Meereen. Which I thought was stupid, because Dothraki aren't blind. They'll see her jewels lying right in front of her if she's not trying to run. Then I realized she was trying to leave a trail which I found even more hilarious. If the people tracking her can't see Drogon's feeding area and the massive damage 10,000 horses would do to the landscape and put two and two together, then they're idiots and Dany would be screwed anyway.

:lol:

I sure hope that ring survives a sea of Dothraki on horseback, otherwise Jorah and Daario will never find her.

Oh don't worry, whether it makes sense or not, it's definitely happening. They will absolutely find the ring.

I feel like it is quote obvious, Jorah and Euron/Benjen/Rhaegar are gonna see it from miles off and when they get up to it put it on. We know from the prequel that when u put "the ring" on her can hear dragon speak. Drogon will say, hey dummies, the Khalsaar took her back to Vaes Dothrak, and from there Benjen will use his navigating skills as First Ranger to lead them there.

They get to VD and Euron talks to them, using the skills he picked up in the Kingsmoot earlier that episode to become friends. Jorah will rub the ring all over his arm getting it all greyscaley but the Dothraki won't notice cause they are enthralled with Rhaegar's awesome Harp playing.

Jorah then passes the ring around for everyone to touch as proof that it is real and everyone then contracts greyscale. They steal off in the middle of the night and then they build a giant wall which Nights watch people man for thousands of years holding off the stone men from entering the kingdoms of men.

The clues are all there guys.

:lol: I really really hope this happens.

My son lost his ring in our yard while mowing the lawn. He knew within a 50 sq ft area where it was lost and it still took him 2 hours with a metal detector to find it after spending 1 hour without the metal detector.

Another winning plot device from D&D. /sarcasm

Archived