Daenerys' dropped ring

a free shadow

I am wondering, if there are ideas why Daenerys' dropped her pearl ring, when she realized she is getting surrounded by the dothraki.

I could not make a good guess and I am rather reluctant to believe that she was leaving a sign of herself to be found by her supposed rescuers, as I have seen a few commentators interpreting it.

I hate puzzles I can not figure out :angry:

It has to be one of two things I think. Either she wanted to hide it because it would expose her identity or she dropped it so her male harem (I`m in love with you forever and ever because you give birth to reptiles and don`t catch on fire! Makes sense to me!) can track her when they get there. I must admit that I lost interest in her part of this show when Viserys died though. It`s been very boring since then so I tend to look at other things in distraction whenever there`s a scene from the eastern continent. You really do need an antagonist of some sort in a TV show and there hasn`t really been one in the east since Viserys. It remains to be seen whether moving Varys and Tyrion into this mind-numbing tedium will drown them out and make them dull too or improve the quality of the scenes. It could go either way. But I digress....

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass I was just saying that I haven't seen any instance of this in the show or the books and giving an example of something that was introduced that could be used to control dragons.

And I mentioned Euron because he may be introduced in the next season which means the horn might show up. But I see what you're saying in the post after this one; if they don't introduce Euron, that perhaps her ring could serve as a replacement for the horn.

I would have thought they would have had some lead up to this, but the show likes it's twists so it's possible. But I still think it's going to be a breadcrumb like the producers said.

I was teasing you!

My game plan in posting has been to be "original" - I try not to rehash what has been said by earlier posters. I acknowledge the truths of D&D who are the sources in the series - they had their own reasons.

I overanalyzed the ring because for me, it has not context in the series that I recall. Please correct me on that.

I was teasing you!

My game plan in posting has been to be "original" - I try not to rehash what has been said by earlier posters. I acknowledge the truths of D&D who are the sources in the series - they had their own reasons.

I overanalyzed the ring because for me, it has not context in the series that I recall. Please correct me on that.

Oh, sorry about that :blushing: . It's hard to convey that with text. But honestly, I wasn't being a smart ass, I was just trying to further the discussion. I like when people present these kinds of ideas because it gets me thinking about other possibilities.

Oh, sorry about that :blushing: . It's hard to convey that with text. But honestly, I wasn't being a smart ass, I was just trying to further the discussion. I like when people present these kinds of ideas because it gets me thinking about other possibilities.

Yes, me too! As someone who had been welcomed to westeros with balls of flames, I am sensitive to posters starting out. I respect everyone's opinions as long as they are supported with "some" evidence!

The breadcrumb thing might be plausible if J&D had set out following Drogon straight away, but they were putting the the council of the short, hot and unexplainingly horny together. They don't know which way Drogon went, even if they find witnesses they will have to talk to several every few miles to ensure Drogon doesn't turn and as they get closer they may well find all settlements burned by the dothraki.

I really hope D&D are trolling us, if they are my respect for them will grudgingly grow, if not, I'm not sure they will ever regain it.

Ha!

Archived