Worst dialogue yet

Forlyng

Some were saying it was meant as an insult to Orson Scott Card because of his GoT review, which you can read here:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/game-of-thrones-fans/harsh-game-of-thrones-review-by-orson-scott-card/218357401509977

Yeah, that too.

I'm far from an OSC fan but he basically nailed what was wrong with the show right from season 1 when most of us were still all fuzzy about it even existing.

Yeah, that too.
I'm far from an OSC fan but he basically nailed what was wrong with the show right from season 1 when most of us were still all fuzzy about it even existing.

I've only read Ender's Game, which I liked well enough. But totally agree, he did hit the nail on the head.

• 2 weeks later...

Horny Gilly could be a totally different talker to mum Gilly :)

Perhaps Tyene should have said nasty vagina? No, that doesn't sound right. Actually, I think the oldest slang word for vagina, even though I don't like it, is cunt. So perhaps You want a good woman but you need a nasty cunt would have worked better? But then it would make Tyene feel like a bogan and not sexy or cute. Pussy is just a cute replacement for vagina, perahps too modern, and pandering too much to a modern audience - but then, there are lines and entire character traits in the books that make no sense in anything other than a contemporary sense, so, being fair, this entire saga is pulp and trying to pretend it is anything but is a bit pretentious. Fans should enjoy it for what it is, bad pussy and all :D

The writers already modernized there writing for some characters like Olenna...."it's all the rage"...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What was entertaining in dorne? Was it the slapping game or poison tits or terrible fighting it was kind of entertaining in a so bad it's good kind of way but that's about it.

Most entertaining thing about Dorne were Obarra's shoes. I am afraid they stuck in my miind forever giving me shivers every time i think about them :wacko:

I liked the wheel speech but in context, it sounds random.

Sometimes what seems random on the show are actually subtle nods and clues that are more relatable to book readers and even then some readers miss the clues. The blue Dusk Rose, and Harpies gold. Book readers know about the blue rose and the other flower may relate to the treason for gold.

Loras Tyrell, Oliver and the birthmark of Dorne. A lot of people hammered this scene and I get why. But looking closer at it what did the show relate to the readers. You have a Rose (Loras) with a "Birth" mark of Dorne and two people who want to run away to Dorne. The other mans name was Oliver and he is betrays Loras. So Rose, Birth, and Dorne. The show then makes sure to use a person named Oliver who served Loras as a person who will be betray him. Why? Because it draws a parallel to Jon, the rose born in Dorne who will be betrayed by Oliver.

Now they did not need to sexposition the scene but at least they tried to relate a clue to the readers. That could only have been done for the book readers.

Dany's wheel speech relates to the cycle the world is trapped in, Martin uses the theme in the series, and the breaking part is a subtle hint to Azor the World breaker.

So sometimes when they do things like this for the book readers, it is out of context on the show but in context with the entirety of the series.

Bad Pussy seems like a randomly bad line, and I can't figure out if they wanted it to be fun bad, or a joke, or really what they were thinking. But then I started thinking about something, is it meant to be bad because Martin sexy time is generally awful. I give you Fat Pink Mast which draws much the same reaction as bad pussy but tends to be loved because Martin wrote it, even though everyone knows it was a horrible choice. So I tend to wonder if it was just meant to be horrible on purpose because sometimes Martin does that. I can't think of anyone writing that except maybe Martin and going man that's a great line, I gotta use that.

Sometimes what seems random on the show are actually subtle nods and clues that are more relatable to book readers and even then some readers miss the clues. The blue Dusk Rose, and Harpies gold. Book readers know about the blue rose and the other flower may relate to the treason for gold.

Loras Tyrell, Oliver and the birthmark of Dorne. A lot of people hammered this scene and I get why. But looking closer at it what did the show relate to the readers. You have a Rose (Loras) with a "Birth" mark of Dorne and two people who want to run away to Dorne. The other mans name was Oliver and he is betrays Loras. So Rose, Birth, and Dorne. The show then makes sure to use a person named Oliver who served Loras as a person who will be betray him. Why? Because it draws a parallel to Jon, the rose born in Dorne who will be betrayed by Oliver.

I really think you're looking into it too much. I feel like that is way to complicated to be intentional.

I really think you're looking into it too much. I feel like that is way to complicated to be intentional.

Nothing that complicated could be unintentional. If it occurred at different times in different years, but that, that fits with Martins Parallels perfectly and they did a lot more parallels last year than people realize.

Like Jon and Dany beheading people, Dany never did that, yet they wanted that in there. Of course you had the double assassination attempts, which is right out of the books. But Loras the rose, with Oliver the traitor and the Birthmark of Dorne, is really not that complex at all in fact you can write it in on sentence. It's really more of a teaser for book readers like the dusk rose or the wooden beam at Castle black that had R+L carved into it and Kit standing next to it. Or when one of D&D and the little R+L=J embroidered on a shirt.

The parallels and the inverse parallels are regular topics on the board, and most people know them well enough. It is a regular part of his work, in the books Loras actually has a parallel to Rhaegar, back at the Hands Tourney he is giving out roses and he gives a red one to Sansa. The inverse of the blue roses. It was the only red rose he gave away that day but remember he was actually covered in blue flowers.

Good clues can be a little tricky but they are still good clues, and I think they feel like they should give a little nod to the readers from time to time. After all even D&D started with the books. Not to mention some of the cast and D&D have been known to Ghost this site, some of them posted, like Lena Headly. Some have read the theories, like From Pawn to Player got a nod from Sophie Turner, in fact she used the title.

As for bad pussy who knows what inspired that, I give it an outside chance of being a nod to Martin and nothing more than that. Chances is are someone thought it was funny and it made the cut. But sometimes those little things that seem out of place and rather random are not. Neds speech to Robert while standing with most seem to thing is a glass blue rose behind him and talking about protecting a Targaryen child? Well directors don't make accidents like that, they know exactly what they want in the shot, which is why Sean was shot at multiple off angles in order to get the rose in the shot.

Martin does little things like that in the books all the time. Like Dany's affiliation with Crows. Or the inverse symbolism of Shade trees and Weirwoods. Do you think it's Random that her lover is a blue eyed Stormcrow, the man who desires her hand is a blue eyed crows eye who draws an inverse parallel to Bloodraven, and that there is King in the North who is also a Crow with blues eyes and he is missing his Queen. In fact Tyrion mentions a missing King and Dany when he comes across the Sphinx. You think Martin did not know he was associating blue eyed Crow Kings with Dany? Urrathon the Goodbrother, Euron, Bloodraven, and Urrathon the Night Walker are not all associated by symbolism in the books for no reason. Writing is not a random act it is deliberate.

Will see this year if it continues, I bet it does. By the way if you combine the colors of a shade tree and a weirwood you get a Grey tree with purple leaves, they are also the colors of Jon and Dany's eyes and Jon is like Bloodraven, and Night's King, is a crow and Lord Commander and also of Royal blood, like his 3 eyed little brother, the one with blue eyes who happens to be very crow like.

Or look at the wheel theme did it make it on the show? It actually did, when Dany freed Yunkai remember they picker her up and started turning her, and the people formed a circle around here and then they put in a top shot so you could see the circle. Later Mance Ryder takes us to the fist where we once again find a circle. But instead of life, and warmth like Yunkai it is of cold death. And note how random that moment feels, Mance "The Others, ever the artists." Oh the fans nailed that one a bit for it's randomness. Yet it really is not random at all, it was an inverse parallel of Dany and the Others. The Others of course are based off the Vampire from fevre dreams who Martin used as a metaphor for slavery, and Dany is anti slavery. The Others have Thralls she has freemen. She is fire and blood, they are ice and water. In fact water is their strength, which is why they somehow magically separate the water and the iron in human blood when they kill them, which is why Wight's have iron dust in their veins, because blood is mostly water and iron. It also explains why they go up like a matchstick, they are dry as bone.

Anyway didn't mean to move that far off the show or bad dialogue, these have to have been tossed out there but I still can't get over Karl, "I was a fookin legend in Gin Alley. A FOOKIN' LEGEND!"

"Karl Tanner from Gin Alley drinking wine from the skull of Jeor fookin' Mormont. Any command for us, Lord Commander? What's that? Fuck 'em 'til they're dead? You hear that, boys? Fuck 'em till they're dead!"

Pointless scene, horrible dialogue. Just to be clear I don't really want to convince you of anything, but if see something like what I mentioned think about it for a minute, you never know.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived