Rant and Rave Without Repercussion 3 (Book Spoilers)

Veltigar

Good grief, that dialogue is just pure guff. Hurrah for St. Tyrion who will save us from sinner burnings, not like bad Satannis! We would never have that was morally wrong without D&D to guide our thinking.

*throws toys out of pram*

Bhahahahaha, LOVE IT!!

Ah, I see Meereen is still lurking on Twitter for their news updates:

Varys: “That sounds excellent. A man named Stannis Baratheon was appointed as the Chosen One by one of your priestesses. He too had a glorious destiny. He attacked King’s Landing, and was soundly defeated by the man standing beside me. Last I heard, he’d been defeated again. This time at Winterfell … and this time for good.”

Of course you know that already. Why wouldn't you? *sigh*

It's funny, Varys and Tyrion in Meereen know everything, while Jon Snow didn't even know his sister was in Winterfell.

There are a bunch of characters who know shit they have no way of knowing. On the other hand, there are just as many characters that don't seem to know things they should know.

Maester Aemon was wrong. Knowledge is not a weapon. Knowledge is whatever the Ds need it to be on any given circumstance.

It's funny, Varys and Tyrion in Meereen know everything, while Jon Snow didn't even know his sister was in Winterfell.

Yes, that is funny is it not. Roose Bolton made the marriage match to hold the North but there is no word of it spread and none of it reaching Castle Black. Of course on a slightly similar subject. all of the Northern lords sent their respect to Jon and the night's watch but no men. They are saving them up to attack the Boltons next season. they will (D&D) probably next year in one of their inside the episodes.

So now that we see the Faceless Men have multiple Jaqen masks, will every FM assassination now be done by Jaqen? Was this merely a contrivance of D&D's to place Jaqen in Oldtown and at Pyke? If so, it's starting to make me wonder if Batfinger is actually just multiple FMs, explaining his ubiquity and inconsistent accent.

I'd already decided that the FM really do only consist of Jaqen and how every many little girls he can dig up, but you could have a point as well, it's not that they are all Jaqen, they all are just wearing that face. Hell, it is a good face, and regardless of needing to belong on No One, I imagine that face is helpful with the ladies, and the gents, in the off hours, LOL

'But, also.......hahahahaha, LOVE your idea about Batfinger. You might be on to something there? LOLOLOLOL

btw, today is Original No One's bd.

My Tom's Bday? :wub:

ETA: Yes, Google agrees with you. It may be his birthday, but I must confess, I still find him to be The Gift. What a shame the show has done it's best to waste him, I still have affection for his original performance.

Varys: “That sounds excellent. A man named Stannis Baratheon was appointed as the Chosen One by one of your priestesses. He too had a glorious destiny. He attacked King’s Landing, and was soundly defeated by the man standing beside me. Last I heard, he’d been defeated again. This time at Winterfell … and this time for good.”

D&D wet dream come true... "and we hear that Stannis Baratheon smelled bad too, and was a monster, and do you know he was a super mega hyper monster too??"

Ah, I see Meereen is still lurking on Twitter for their news updates:

Of course you know that already. Why wouldn't you? *sigh*

Really, I'm starting to suspect that the internet connection and flow of information on GOT rivals ours right here in the modern world. Forget the transporters, I want to know why they aren't show us the smart phones?

Really, I'm starting to suspect that the internet connection and flow of information on GOT rivals ours right here in the modern world. Forget the transporters, I want to know why they aren't show us the smart phones?

LIttle did we know that the 3 eyed raven was actually a mistranslation. It was supposed to be the iRaven 3.

In all seriousness, though, I would make a snarky comment about Varys really being connected to the weirwood network or something, but I can't even do that because there are no weirwoods. He is literally psychic at this point. I would try to be fair and say that we don't know when this scene would take place relative to the season 5 finale, but it probably won't even matter. They'll just know without any reason or method for them doing so.

D&D wet dream come true... "and we hear that Stannis Baratheon smelled bad too, and was a monster, and do you know he was a super mega hyper monster too??"

From The King Who Cared to the daughter-burning psychopath.

LIttle did we know that the 3 eyed raven was actually a mistranslation. It was supposed to be the iRaven 3.

In all seriousness, though, I would make a snarky comment about Varys really being connected to the weirwood network or something, but I can't even do that because there are no weirwoods. He is literally psychic at this point. I would try to be fair and say that we don't know when this scene would take place relative to the season 5 finale, but it probably won't even matter. They'll just know without any reason or method for them doing so.

iRaven 3, I LIKE IT!!

I highly suspect that......if this scene isn't for the first episode, it'll be for the second. You know information travels faster than LF in his transporter.

iRaven 3, I LIKE IT!!

I highly suspect that......if this scene isn't for the first episode, it'll be for the second. You know information travels faster than LF in his transporter.

Yeah, I would be surprised if it wasn't early on, since it does seem like it's the setup for the Meereen arc that season, but even if it wasn't right at the beginning, they haven't done much to establish how anyone in Meereen gets their news sans new people coming into the area. So even if enough time elapses between the two events, it's still likely to be a dumb plot hole.

It's for those drop mic moments.

"A man named Stannis Baratheon was appointed as the Chosen One by one of your priestesses.............Last I heard, he’d been defeated again. This time at Winterfell … and this time for good.”..............drops mic.............ooooooooh!.............burn!

Well, since there won't be anything [new] to rant and rave about tomorrow, and seeing this thread already has 1300+ posts... In case it gets locked, it's been a real sanity-saving pleasure to share these threads with all you fine people!

:cheers:

Here, read this. It will be therapeutic to your eyes after reading that load of horseshit fanwank:

From TWOW sample so I put it between spoiler coding:

Stannis bristled at that. "I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm's End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?"

Omg I feel like I'm imitating E-Ro now...

Archived