Rant and Rave Without Repercussion 3 (Book Spoilers)

Veltigar

Cogman was the main architect of Sansa-gate or Sansa - rape and I have not seen or heard anything from him since the days after ep 6. Has he come out of hiding?

I always assumed it was Weiss, being the Tyrion fanboy.

I really would like to know who is responsible for what plot butchery and why.

I always assumed it was Weiss, being the Tyrion fanboy.

I really would like to know who is responsible for what plot butchery and why.

How is that relevant?

Again, the final words from Miodrag's article, for all of you who didn't make it through:

That’s why we at the Pawn to Player site decided to bring this entire subject to another level, by making a documentary about the cultural phenomenon that consists of ASOIAF, GOT and media coverage and public perception of both. And the fandom, too. It’s time, we feel, for all those debates and discussions about the differences between the two products to finally be brought to screen. Not adapted, but allowed to finally hit the most powerful medium of today in all of their raw and genuine glory.

Myself will lead the project, that should result in a one-hour film that won’t be commercialized but be available to anyone with access to internet. And that is why the project will depend on the contributions from the ASOIAF fandom. All of you who happen to agree with our reviews here, or just found them interesting enough, all of you who think that the issues raised in them should be brought to the industry itself, all of you who are constantly annoyed that TV and media professionals are regularly spared of great many inconvenient questions—your help will be much appreciated.

All the additional information about the documentary will be posted here in the next few days. And this time it’s really going to be days. Not like the last time, when the season’s review was scheduled on Friday but posted only now (which was, again, my fault, and only mine). See you in a few days.

Stay tuned.

I think that's is a great idea. And hopefully the good people of this R&R thread can muster enough manpower to help realizing this project. We really need to raise awareness. I'm quite sick of having to tell people, online or in RL, not to judge the books by its adaptation.

Because Sansa makes the "oh but St. Tyrion never forced me" comment, no?

Still can't quite see how being a Tyrion fan still motivates one to write the Sansa-rape plot. More general incompetence I would have blamed.

Still can't quite see how being a Tyrion fan still motivates one to write the Sansa-rape plot. More general incompetence I would have blamed.

It's silly I agree. They wrote it because drama, because they don't care about characterization, because they luv Iwan and because my best guess is Sansa ends up in the North in the books.

It's silly I agree. They wrote it because drama, because they don't care about characterization, because they luv Iwan and because my best guess is Sansa ends up in the North in the books.

And as Cogman (or was it Graves? The two fools are interchangeable!) mentioned, they, stupidly, found it to be a "it writes itself" ordeal by replacing Poole with Sansa. I suppose they thought they could better emotionally manipulate the audience by having it be a primary character, whilst unwittingly removing all the depth and brilliance of using Jeyne Poole. Utterly their own fault for not establishing Poole. Lost her for Ros. Good find someone in agreement over that odd assertion.

Again, the final words from Miodrag's article, for all of you who didn't make it through:

That’s why we at the Pawn to Player site decided to bring this entire subject to another level, by making a documentary about the cultural phenomenon that consists of ASOIAF, GOT and media coverage and public perception of both. And the fandom, too. It’s time, we feel, for all those debates and discussions about the differences between the two products to finally be brought to screen. Not adapted, but allowed to finally hit the most powerful medium of today in all of their raw and genuine glory.

Myself will lead the project, that should result in a one-hour film that won’t be commercialized but be available to anyone with access to internet. And that is why the project will depend on the contributions from the ASOIAF fandom. All of you who happen to agree with our reviews here, or just found them interesting enough, all of you who think that the issues raised in them should be brought to the industry itself, all of you who are constantly annoyed that TV and media professionals are regularly spared of great many inconvenient questions—your help will be much appreciated.

All the additional information about the documentary will be posted here in the next few days. And this time it’s really going to be days. Not like the last time, when the season’s review was scheduled on Friday but posted only now (which was, again, my fault, and only mine). See you in a few days.

Stay tuned.

I think that's is a great idea. And hopefully the good people of this R&R thread can muster enough manpower to help realizing this project. We really need to raise awareness. I'm quite sick of having to tell people, online or in RL, not to judge the books by its adaptation.

Won't it be wonderful if it becomes viral and plagues Benioff and Weiss in interviews and promotions? Their reactions should be hilarious to such pressing, tough questions.

It may have not been the primary motivation. But, the obligatory St. Tyrion praise was certainly barf worthy. It just made a very bad situation worse.

It may have not been the primary motivation. But, the obligatory St. Tyrion praise was certainly barf worthy. It just made a very bad situation worse.

Agreed about it making the scene even more laughable. Had to fulfil that quota.

Archived