Here's a thought - what if PL shows up now AFTER the Ides

Noelle Snow

Theon & Sansa have run. Stannis is dead, etc. Ramsey basically threatens to show up at the wall and kill Jon (and likely everyone else) if all these people aren't turned over. Well, Thorne and co. can't turn over anyone, can't admit Jon is dead, etc. So Ramsey comes up and kills everyone when he finds Jon gone and his wife not there. Hence how the NW gets wiped out.

Theon & Sansa have run. Stannis is dead, etc. Ramsey basically threatens to show up at the wall and kill Jon (and likely everyone else) if all these people aren't turned over. Well, Thorne and co. can't turn over anyone, can't admit Jon is dead, etc. So Ramsey comes up and kills everyone when he finds Jon gone and his wife not there. Hence how the NW gets wiped out.

I think the Wildlings are going to beat them to it.

I think it will show up. Here is how i see it, Davos and Mel are at the wall and we do not know what the traitors are going to do with Jon's body. They may say he deserted and bury his body with longclaw or they may flat out present it and blame it on the Wildings but I think Mel sees something in fires and alerts Davos and they intercept Sansa, Theon and Brienne & co as I would bet Thorne will be the new lord Commander and would send Sansa and Reek back to Ramsay. it is going to be a race against time. Somehow, the Night's watch has to be wiped out in order for the wall to be passed by the White Walkers. It is a warding effect. Once removed, the wall might just collapse.

There isn't really a reason for Ramsay to send a Pink Letter to the Wall. Jon wasn't even involved in a plot to......free an FAyra or Real Sansa, he didn't send Mance and Spearwives to do the deed, he doesn't have Stannis's family, etc., there is no logical reason for Ramsay to want things from Jon at The Wall. IIRC, the marriage of RAmsay and Sansa wasn't even officially announced (although, the whole point of said marriage was what.....to unite a Non Knowing North?), Jon iirc, didn't receive word of the wedding, so why would Ramsay write to him. D&D wrote 99% of the reasons for a Pink Letter out of the story. I suppose that Ramsay MAY think to look to the Wall for a Sansa running to an unknowing Jon, but....wouldn't he go out with his dogs and his 20 Good Men first, before thinking about getting to The Wall himself, or in writing?

There isn't really a reason for Ramsay to send a Pink Letter to the Wall. Jon wasn't even involved in a plot to......free an FAyra or Real Sansa, he didn't send Mance and Spearwives to do the deed, he doesn't have Stannis's family, etc., there is no logical reason for Ramsay to want things from Jon at The Wall.

Agree, they changed the plot, so this wouldn't work with the changes.

There isn't really a reason for Ramsay to send a Pink Letter to the Wall. Jon wasn't even involved in a plot to......free an FAyra or Real Sansa, he didn't send Mance and Spearwives to do the deed, he doesn't have Stannis's family, etc., there is no logical reason for Ramsay to want things from Jon at The Wall. IIRC, the marriage of RAmsay and Sansa wasn't even officially announced (although, the whole point of said marriage was what.....to unite a Non Knowing North?), Jon iirc, didn't receive word of the wedding, so why would Ramsay write to him. D&D wrote 99% of the reasons for a Pink Letter out of the story. I suppose that Ramsay MAY think to look to the Wall for a Sansa running to an unknowing Jon, but....wouldn't he go out with his dogs and his 20 Good Men first, before thinking about getting to The Wall himself, or in writing?

Agree, they changed the plot, so this wouldn't work with the changes.

Did that ever stopped them from "checking another box"?

I imagine a letter from the Nights Watch goes out to the realm, at least the Northern lords, announcing the death of a Lord Commander almost immediately after it happens. With Jon "dead", Roose and Ramsay have no reason to go check the Wall for Sansa.

wasn't he reading the PL before he was stabbed? I think this is the only reference we get.

Did that ever stopped them from "checking another box"?

Also correct.

I see a chance for the PL to be sent when Ramsay finds out about his wife missing, infers somehow that they plan to CB and then sends the letter to taunt Mr Snow, not knowing about the state he is (similar like OP said)

But there are those Wildings between Ramsay and CB which he first has to decimate with his 20.000 good men.

Theon & Sansa have run.

If they survive their jump (which they shouldn't, because Mel had melted the saving snow away) - they should never escape Ramsey. Sansa and Theon should be at least badly injured, and thus move VERY SLOW. And what is one of Ramsey's favorite hobbies? Hunting! In the state in which they should be Sansa and Theon wouldn't even give good sports for Ramsey and his bitches. So he wouldn't even name his next litter for them.

From my own personal experience I can confirm that such a jump into several meters of snow is absolutely not dangerous.

I grew up in the alps and in the winter we had snow several meters high. As kids we jumped from the roofs of our houses into the snow, no problem.

My wife is in a Game of Thrones fantasy league and apparently Wun Wun got 60 kill credits for like three minutes of air time in Hardhome. There are what? 50 sworn brothers left? He could end the Night's Watch himself at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

wasn't Jon reading the PL before he was stabbed? I think this is the only reference we get.

Apparently someone read those letters, and they're just Houses saying they can't afford to give up any men to the Night's Watch.

• 5 weeks later...

My wife is in a Game of Thrones fantasy league and apparently Wun Wun got 60 kill credits for like three minutes of air time in Hardhome. There are what? 50 sworn brothers left? He could end the Night's Watch himself at this point. 

Wait, wait, wait...there's a GoT fantasy league?

• 5 weeks later...

I think it will show up. Here is how i see it, Davos and Mel are at the wall and we do not know what the traitors are going to do with Jon's body. They may say he deserted and bury his body with longclaw or they may flat out present it and blame it on the Wildings but I think Mel sees something in fires and alerts Davos and they intercept Sansa, Theon and Brienne & co as I would bet Thorne will be the new lord Commander and would send Sansa and Reek back to Ramsay. it is going to be a race against time. Somehow, the Night's watch has to be wiped out in order for the wall to be passed by the White Walkers. It is a warding effect. Once removed, the wall might just collapse.

The wildlings are still there though and so is Ghost. The NW is dead.

There isn't really a reason for Ramsay to send a Pink Letter to the Wall.  Jon wasn't even involved in a plot to......free an FAyra or Real Sansa, he didn't send Mance and Spearwives to do the deed, he doesn't have Stannis's family, etc., there is no logical reason for Ramsay to want things from Jon at  The Wall.  IIRC, the marriage of RAmsay and Sansa wasn't even officially announced (although, the whole point of said marriage was what.....to unite a Non Knowing North?), Jon iirc, didn't receive word of the wedding, so why would Ramsay write to him.  D&D wrote 99% of the reasons for a Pink Letter out of the story.  I suppose that Ramsay MAY think to look to the Wall for a Sansa running to an unknowing Jon, but....wouldn't he go out with his dogs and his 20 Good Men first, before thinking about getting to The Wall himself, or in writing?  

Theon and Sansa is enough. Of course he'll look for them but at the same time send a letter. Probably telling Jon that when they get there, if they get there, to send them back or else.

Archived