New Pirate is..

Alequo Adarys

No way it's Gerion. We haven't even seen the guy in the books. He means nothing to the story

It could be Victarion, but what's the point?`Dany already captured the ships of Meereen, so she doesn't need the Iron Fleet and Victarion in the show.

Only logical choice is Euron, not to mention he is a king after Balon kicks the bucket... and he looks like a proper pirate

EDIT; Also, Sam is going to Oldtown. Who do we know that's super likely to attack Oldtown?

IMO if it is not Euron, then it is Aurane Waters in modified form. He is the only other pirate who is actually relevant.

But seriously, it is Euron. Why the hell else delay the death of Balon if not so that they could time it to correspond to the introduction of Euron? If Euron was not going to be introduced ever then Balon's death would have happened in season 4.

I'm guessing they are amalgamating Euron and Victarion into one character.

I could see that.

I realize Gerion is crackpot, but I meant more along the lines of staying to the book. Obviously, the show is much, much different. I considered Aurane which seemed as unlikely as Gerion.

I should rephrase; Will Euron be himself, a mesh of Victarion/Euron,etc., or just a general pirate character?

To expand a bit more, is there a ceiling to his character's importance in the grand scheme?

I'm guessing they are amalgamating Euron and Victarion into one character.

i think so too, and they'll keep the name Vic

I'd like the name Euron but like i said in another thread it's too similar to the currency

Lobby bankers could not allow such similarities, if the character will die badly it could cause by mistake an economical catastrophe in europe

ofc just kidding, but..who knows..

i'd hope they'll at least try to get manu bennet he seems a gritty actor enough for the part

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/greenarrow/images/8/84/Slade_Wilson_Manu_Bennett-5.jpg

Daenerys already has all the ships she needs to sail her pretty little butt right to Westeros: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmI9mEO00Jg

Like I said, they have no need for Victarion's story arc in the TV show.

They have no need for a lot of characters? I'm not suggesting that he'd meet Dany. She can go wherever. I don't expect any storyline to stick to the book too closely anymore.

The pirate is obviously some form of Euron, but the shows version will not match the books' as with all characters. So far Euron has only appeared for the Kingsmoot really, and the time for that has passed. It could end up happening still, but it would surprise me no less if Euron appeared on the seas first.

Is everyone convinced that the newly cast pirate character is Euron? I doubt it would be Victarion, or any other Iron Islanders, but as much as they have changed the story I have no idea. Gerion Lannister is just as likely to me.

Why would he be likely when he's not even mentioned in the show? Or if he is I've forgotten it, considering he apparently doesn't even warrant an individual page on the GoT wiki I'm guessing it wasn't very memorable so I'll forgive myself. Even in the books he's only mentioned like six times and never more than a sentence or two. Certainly nothing that would indicate he was in any way important. People have had this argument on the ASoIaF board several times already and none of you guys has ever been able to prove he's alive or that it would even matter if he was.

Is everyone convinced that the newly cast pirate character is Euron? I doubt it would be Victarion, or any other Iron Islanders, but as much as they have changed the story I have no idea. Gerion Lannister is just as likely to me.

Personally I think it's the captain of a small trading vessel obliquely referred to once in passing in paragraph 3 of page 383 of A Feast For Crows. I doubt it's Euron.

no worries about the Euro being destabilised by the show, Greece is doing that right now.

I do think the pirate is Euron and Victarion combined, and Victarion is a harder sounding name as well, sounds like a winner.

What makes you think they're combining Euron and Victarion? There's nothing in the description of the character that suggests that this pirate is anything other than 100% Euron, and Euron and Victarion are too different in character (Euron is open-minded, adventurous and unpredictable whereas Vic is close-minded, conservative and dull) for there to be any personality splicing going on.

Edit: For some reason I hadn't considered that by 'combining' you could have been talking in terms of storylines, rather than general characteristics. That's fair enough, as combining their storylines could actually work quite well.

I too think that is Euron/Victarion amalgamated.

In my wildest dreams I pictured Euron showing up at Meereen, saving the city from the sons of the Harpy but then claiming it for his own.

With the intention of marrying Dany.

And getting her to Westeros.

But he ends up roasted by Danys dragons (nod to Quentyn). After this, she decides to head for westeros and claim the throne. Tyrion ends up convincing her that, if she dont take actions, westerosis like Euron will continue trying to get her.

Archived