Anyone else really hate the Militant Faith?

I know Cersei is a cunt, and has committed murder after murder, but for some reason it still pisses me off that the Militant Faith thinks that they can do whatever they want. I don't know...It's strange, but I am starting to despise the Militant Faith more than I did Joffery. Is there something wrong with me?

Wait..does anyone root for the faith? I just enjoy the faith militant as a kind of reap what you sow thing, I do not care who wins honestly. I just want both to lose horribly 

Im just waiting for the Faiths chosen warrior; Clad in the Mothers Mercy, as pure as the Maid, as just as the Father, with the wisdom of the Crone, as strong as the Smith, as fierce as the Warrior and as deadly as the Stranger. To get completely mangled when he faces Ser Robbert Strong.

Personally my money is on Lancel Lannister having to do it since he is part of the Warrior's Sons, and who better to face a Lannister champion than a Lannister for symbolism if you're the Faith?

RIP, Lancel.

Im just waiting for the Faiths chosen warrior; Clad in the Mothers Mercy, as pure as the Maid, as just as the Father, with the wisdom of the Crone, as strong as the Smith, as fierce as the Warrior and as deadly as the Stranger. To get completely mangled when he faces Ser Robbert Strong.

You mean the Hound?

You mean the Hound?

No Lancel, the defender if the faith in Cersei's trial will get demolished, but I think that someone (Tyrene maybe) will put it in the Faiths collective head that Cersei won't take a ringer or will call them off for a relative.

Just like I think someone (Tyrene again) will end up finding something that will effectively cut Margaery's throat in her trial of faith.

The Dorne and sand snakes want the Tyrells and Lannisters at each other throats and the Lannisters need some help atm, after the losses they have incurred.

Wait..does anyone root for the faith? I just enjoy the faith militant as a kind of reap what you sow thing, I do not care who wins honestly. I just want both to lose horribly 

Now, the last book also included a possibly nice ruler who could take over - but before that, the faith really was one of the best possible solutions for ending up ruling in KL...

Sure, it would be good for everyone's peace of mind if that was coupled to splitting off the North (and maybe a few more bits) to reduce the risk of religious war, but we've not heard of any pogroms against Old Gods followers or anything of the like.

What HAS the Faith done? It has acted against someone trying to pass control of the state illegitimately (i.e. Margaery, if she was risking babies with not-Tommen), and when founding out that was a setup from Cersei they acted against Cersei.

Trying to be smart Cersei/Kevan then came up with a solution that might 'save' Cersei - and as a result, we got the walk of shame for someone who actually installed the wrong ruler through falsehoods and violence.

Oh, the horror! Terrible, that the Faith doesn't like being abused to settle Cersei's petty squabbles. We MUST see them all dead.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, the horror! Terrible, that the Faith doesn't like being abused to settle Cersei's petty squabbles. We MUST see them all dead.

They are presently preaching against prostitution as well, and before you go all socially conservative on me, I have a problem with limiting what people do, as it doesn't actually stop them from doing it, it just pushes the behaviour underground making it tons more dangerous.

The fate militant are a clear antagonist faction, the clearest one we could get from GRRM. They don't have a single character among their ranks who have anything a reader can like or relate to.

I hate the story because it reminds me of the Spanish Inquisition/Dark Ages.

A period that almost destroyed humanity.  

Only this time, we are kind of forced to "cheer" for the extremist terrorists.

The... dumbest post I've read in a while. "A period that almost destroyed humanity"?! How can the execution of less than 10 thousand people over a course of a few centuries leave a scratch on humanity... You must be American.

I still lovingly cherish your eye-opening analysis on that wretched Daenerys :)

Archived