Possible Casting of Another Red Priestess Spoilers

TheReal_Rebel

I'm not keen that she seems too similar to Melisandre, but it's hard to pass judgement until we see the eventual portrayal. I hope she ends up with a personality that differs more from Mel than the scene in question implies.

Regarding the scene itself, I'm not entirely keen on it on its own but without context it is again hard to judge. Scenes are often improved from its early on-page incarnate to its on-screen completion.

We shall see..

We said the same about Dorne last year...

It does - and it's really interesting to me that so far they seem really into Dany. We don't know why in the books Mel is convinced that Stannis is the savior - maybe we will learn next season? As it does seem she has strayed from the pack somehow....

Well we already knew in the books that Mel was a bit of a rogue, and the general stance of the Red Priests was that Dany is AA. But yes, it's interesting where Mel got her own ideas from.

I'm not keen that she seems too similar to Melisandre, but it's hard to pass judgement until we see the eventual portrayal. I hope she ends up with a personality that differs more from Mel than the scene in question implies.

Regarding the scene itself, I'm not entirely keen on it on its own but without context it is again hard to judge. Scenes are often improved from its early on-page incarnate to its on-screen completion.

We shall see..

I doubt she'll be distinct from Mel. They made Thoros more fanatical in the show whereas in the books he'd probably laugh in Mel's face. This chick is already talking exactly like Mel.

I doubt she'll be distinct from Mel. They made Thoros more fanatical in the show whereas in the books he'd probably laugh in Mel's face. This chick is already talking exactly like Mel.

Oh believe me, I doubt it too.

I'm just choosing to hold onto hope.

Oh believe me, I doubt it too.

I'm just choosing to hold onto hope.

Don't. You'll just be disappointed. Expect the worst. Expect Kinvara to randomly flash Tyrion and Varys in the middle of her conversation. Hell, for all I know she's naked this entire time. I mean it makes sense. Westeros is cold, so even though Melisandre has got fire inside her she needs clothes sometimes. But in Essos it's so hot that there's no way these fiery priestesses can wear clothes.

Actually is in the books where Tyrion gets too much action with the ladies and that's what makes the story a little silly because he is such an ugly guy in the books.

What are you talking about? With the exception of Tysha, Tyrion hasn't slept with anyone who wasn't a prostitute.

It does - and it's really interesting to me that so far they seem really into Dany. We don't know why in the books Mel is convinced that Stannis is the savior - maybe we will learn next season? As it does seem she has strayed from the pack somehow....

Melisandre simply interpreted her visions wrongly. They were pointing her towards Jon. Stannis was just a means to an end, even though she did not know that.

Melisandre simply interpreted her visions wrongly. They were pointing her towards Jon. Stannis was just a means to an end, even though she did not know that.

I know, I've just always been curious how and why she interpreted them wrong. We don't even know how or when she actually landed at Dragonstone and hooked up with Selyse. She's one of my favorite characters, both book and show - she is just really fascinating to me, especially that every other priest/ess of R'hllor we've met is completely honed in on Dany.

I know, I've just always been curious how and why she interpreted them wrong. We don't even know how or when she actually landed at Dragonstone and hooked up with Selyse. She's one of my favorite characters, both book and show - she is just really fascinating to me, especially that every other priest/ess of R'hllor we've met is completely honed in on Dany.

I don't think the visions in the flames are exactly clear.

I agree though, it would be fairly interesting to learn exactly what she saw and why she interpreted it that way.

From the dialogue the Red Priestess is implying that Varys's interest in Daenerys may not be entirely altruistic. Somethig Tyrion has suspected and that we know from the books,

It would be nice if it was finally revealed about Ilyrio & Varys's interests as Blackfyre Targs who have their own potential suitor for Dany.

I don't think the visions in the flames are exactly clear.

I agree though, it would be fairly interesting to learn exactly what she saw and why she interpreted it that way.

I think it's implied that Melisandre is kind of a rubbish Red Priest. At least in so far as her visions are concerned. Moqorro can use his visions to pinpoint the exact position of ships. Mel's visions are super vague and often misinterpreted.

I think it's implied that Melisandre is kind of a rubbish Red Priest. At least in so far as her visions are concerned. Moqorro can use his visions to pinpoint the exact position of ships. Mel's visions are super vague and often misinterpreted.

I actually think the implication is that Moqorro is simply more skilled at reading his visions, not that they are any clearer or less opaque. With Melisandre, it is hit or miss. Moqorro seems to be right on the nose every time.

Allowing that, Melisandre's other powers seem to be every bit as potent as Moqorro's, if not more so. She pulled the same trick of having the wind get a large detachment of ships to their destination at a supernatural speed (and saved Jon Snow and the Night's Watch from annihilation in the process).

By contrast, Moqorro, as far as we know, is not a shadowbinder nor has he demonstrated the ability to mess with a skinchangers' animal. And while it has been heavily hinted at that Melisandre was a slave, it is not clear whether she was raised as a red priest in Volantis, so it is difficult to know what her position is within the religious organization.

Archived