Your Plans for TWOW

BaelorTheBold

Hello all,

I would like to have a discussion about everyone's plans for The Winds Of Winter (whenever it finally comes out of course).

Do you guys plan to go grab it at a midnight release (considering they have one where you are)? Do you plan to skip work/school to read it? Are you going to stay on Westeros.org and talk about it as you read it? How long do you plan that it will take you to read it (given that its roughly 1500 pages)? And do you plan to read it twice back to back? What about reading all the other books before hand again?

Personally, I think I will go grab it at midnight (if I find a place that will do that) and will definitely stay away from this website until I after I finish it and then go and compare my own findings with stuff you guys found. I am still on the fence about taking a day or two off to read it though. I will probably read all the other books right before it too.

Let me know what your plans are!

I doubt midnight release grab will be an option given my current location.

I'll download the ebook as soon as it's available (if my copy hasn't arrived), take a couple of days off from work and lock myself in the room for a marathon.

I'll camp outside waterstones if I have to! Because I can't picture a scenario where a winds of winter won't sell out in a couple of days (in a lot of shops).

And I have a natural talent where I can read books incredibly fast, because I don't have a short attention span. If I focus on something I can get it done quickly.

It's a gift and a curse really...

(Should explain, I don't like reading ebooks. Call me old-fashioned but I like reading actual books).

I won't be on this forum until I've finished winds

I'm going to get the Kindle version and have the hardcover preordered. Use whichever I'm in the mood for.

I'm definitely going stay away from sites like this as I read.

It should take me less than a week if it's like aSoS. 2 weeks if it's like aDwD.

I'll come into work the day after it's released and my dad will have left a hardback copy waiting for me. I will work very fast and then drive home very fast. This time, unlike with Dance, which I read before he began watching the show, my boyfriend will not get butthurt when I completely ignore his existence.

Probably will finish the next day. No internet until done. Discussion with father immediately. :D

I'm going to get the Kindle version and have the hardcover preordered. Use whichever I'm in the mood for.

I'm definitely going stay away from sites like this as I read.

It should take me less than a week if it's like aSoS. 2 weeks if it's like aDwD.

Probably lock myself in my flat. Force myself to finish it very fast. Ditch work by making up some flimsy excuse. Cancel any plans i have and any events I need to go to until I've finished winds, and I'll stay the hell away from this forum until I've done so.

You have no idea how long I've waited for this book.

Probably lock myself in my flat. Force myself to finish it very fast. Ditch work by making up some flimsy excuse. Cancel any plans i have and any events I need to go to until I've finished winds, and I'll stay the hell away from this forum until I've done so.

You have no idea how long I've waited for this book.

Oh....I think we do.

Damnit, beat me to it!

As to the OP, I'll pre-order it on my Kindle. I'll use my train commute to read on my way to and from work, then read at night as well. Assume I'll get in 2-3 hours per day. Hopefully I'll knock it out within two weeks.

I'll camp outside waterstones if I have to! Because I can't picture a scenario where a winds of winter won't sell out in a couple of days (in a lot of shops).

And I have a natural talent where I can read books incredibly fast, because I don't have a short attention span. If I focus on something I can get it done quickly.

It's a gift and a curse really...

(Should explain, I don't like reading ebooks. Call me old-fashioned but I like reading actual books).

I won't be on this forum until I've finished winds

I don't like ebooks either

I don't care if it does or not.

I won't be watching, and whenever I hear a discussion about it I will shove my fingers in my ears an scream "na na na na na na I can't hear you na na na na na na" I'm sure the people at my office will understand.

I fell in love with the eBook format around the time I purchased an iPad. It felt like a breath of fresh air being able to carry multiple books with me with a screen big enough to actually read comfortably on. Now I've replaced my iPad with an iPhone 6+, which has proved to me to be the ideal size for reading eBooks on. I still love printed books, of course, but it's more of a convenience thing.

I'll have to wait half year WoW part1. translation, and another 6 months for part.2.... :(

Or just order English version on Amazon and read it all in two days... I hope WoW it will come before April 2016, as I'll have really important exams than, no time...

Call me old-fashioned but I like reading actual books).

I hear you.

But eBooks enriched my experience for this series. It's easier to get comfortable with a kindle compared to a giant book, unless you get the mass market paperback in which case the font is tiny.

Plus, there's a ton of words I don't know in these books, and a kindle tells you what they mean right there.

It took me about 3-4 weeks to finish book 1 and 2 each with the actual book. Took me like 5 days to read Book 3 on the kindle.

But of course, reading the actual book has its brigtsides. It feels more pure and not so rushed.

Archived