Your Plans for TWOW

BaelorTheBold

I'm 38 now...so I'll probably have my great grandkid's pick it up and bring it to me in my nursing home and then see if I can a nurse to read it to me since my eyesight probably won't be that good.

That's all well and good as far as it goes, but will you have a speaker installed in your coffin so they can eventually play you the audio version of book 7?

Hoping to be still alive when the next book comes out .

Me too, but I'm also hoping George will still be as well, seeing as how there's bound to have to be a 7th book to do justice to all the characters and plot lines that remain to be dealt with.

I mean, are we even really absolutely positively sure that we're done with Beric Dondarrion?

('course I'm still holding out hope that Syrio reappears)

I don't think it's coming. I think GRRM is stuck and has only the sample chapters he's released so far. He will postpone until the HBO seris is done and then abandon the books altogether saying that the showrunners have done an adequate job. Then he'll write a tween-paranormal TV series for FOX

:D

I wish that didn't seem like such a reasonable possibility.

Definitely not going to a midnight release, hate stuff like that.

In fact since I don't mind spoilers I will probably find out a good chunk of the plot either from friends, this forum or other websites. If what I have found out that way sounds promising and not like another FFCDWD debacle I'll leisurely stroll into a bookstore one day and buy it/read it.

I don't understand why most of you would want to rush It when It comes to reading the book we've been waiting for all these years.
Why not read It a-chapter-a-day so that It takes time to finish.

Hopefully I get immersed in the book and want to read more than a chapter a day. I am hoping the book is a "cannot put it down" type of book. That said, why would anyone want to skim/speed read it is beyond me. Getting lost in all the details and foreshadowing is the beauty of Martin's writing. But trying to limit myself to one chapter a day would take more discipline than I have, and also take away the enjoyment of losing myself in the book. 

Personally, I want to take a weeks vacation and really lose myself in the book. The problem is that I maybe switching jobs soon, which means I will need to build up more vacation time. I will preorder the book off Amazon most likely (they usually have some pretty good deals). Can't wait for the book!

A difficult dilemma for me.  If it comes out before the TV show I'll read it and then watch the TV as normal - my ideal option, but if it's release has been announced but it isn't due out until after season 6 has started, can I resist the temptation to watch the show before reading? Can I trust myself to stay off all the relevant media so as not to be spoiled, or will it happen inadvertently?

I want to force myself to read the book slowly, to see the intricacies and enjoy figuring out the clues, or will it be so page turning that I can't help just devouring it in a day or so.

Or it might not be out next year at all.   :crying:

I'm pre-ordering. I don't like people enough to tolerate the crowds and I don't like waiting enough to just buy it later.

With my typical courseload (and it's only gonna get worse), I won't be able to take any time out of my schedule for proper binge-reading, but I'll definitely devote at least 45 minutes of reading every night before bed. . . that is, if I'm not already out of school and on call by then. If I'm doing that, I may end up reading sporadically whenever I can.

Would I be a bad person if I ran off copies of the pages and temporarily stuck them (a few at a time, obviously) on someone's chart to read while I vaguely pretend to listen to people tell me how runny their noses are?

ETA: As for the show, I'd love to say I'm gonna put my fingers in my ears and ignore the spoilers next season, but the truth is, I won't. I have no willpower when it comes to spoilers. I'm sure I'll at least watch the first few episodes next season to see if it's as shit as this season was, and go from there.

A difficult dilemma for me.  If it comes out before the TV show I'll read it and then watch the TV as normal - my ideal option, but if it's release has been announced but it isn't due out until after season 6 has started, can I resist the temptation to watch the show before reading? Can I trust myself to stay off all the relevant media so as not to be spoiled, or will it happen inadvertently?

I want to force myself to read the book slowly, to see the intricacies and enjoy figuring out the clues, or will it be so page turning that I can't help just devouring it in a day or so.

Or it might not be out next year at all.   :crying:

I have decided, I am not watching season six till I have read the Winds of Winter. I will buy the blue ray to watch after I read the book.

Kudos to those who can read it all in one weekend!  All the others have taken me a few weeks to get through largely because I read in the evening before going to sleep.

I'm hoping Winds is out before season 6 but if not I'll watch the show then catch up on the book afterwards. I started with the show first so it's no big deal for me.

Archived