Arthur Dayne Season 6

crazibouncer

"The casting call for a "Legendary Fighter" has everyone dreaming about the possibility of Ser Arthur Dayne. To put it mildly, Dayne may have been the best knights to ever live. His fighting skills definitely live up to the "legendary" moniker and the show is looking for "the best in Europe" for a week of fight scenes. There's also the famous sword that the knight is carrying. "

http://www.ibtimes.com/pulse/game-thrones-season-6-spoilers-arthur-dayne-casting-news-everything-we-know-about-new-1977823

Everyone is thinking there will be a Tower of Joy flahsback and thus Arthur Dayne will be there. This will possibly lead to Jon Snow's parentage.

I have also saw someone comment that maybe it is Darkstar, but I never really thought of his as a "Legendary Fighter."

What do you all think?

I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment. To me there is one scene that would involve Arthur Dayne, a ToJ flashback. It seems to me the role is bigger than a flashback for one scene. If it's a Dayne an aged up Edric would be my guess.

I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment. To me there is one scene that would involve Arthur Dayne, a ToJ flashback. It seems to me the role is bigger than a flashback for one scene. If it's a Dayne an aged up Edric would be my guess.

If Jaime goes to riverlands next season we might see some flashback(s) from Dayne's campaign against Kingswood brotherhood. And besides many of new those casting calls were for quite small roles anyways.

"The casting call for a "Legendary Fighter" has everyone dreaming about the possibility of Ser Arthur Dayne. To put it mildly, Dayne may have been the best knights to ever live. His fighting skills definitely live up to the "legendary" moniker and the show is looking for "the best in Europe" for a week of fight scenes. There's also the famous sword that the knight is carrying. "

http://www.ibtimes.com/pulse/game-thrones-season-6-spoilers-arthur-dayne-casting-news-everything-we-know-about-new-1977823

Everyone is thinking there will be a Tower of Joy flahsback and thus Arthur Dayne will be there. This will possibly lead to Jon Snow's parentage.

I have also saw someone comment that maybe it is Darkstar, but I never really thought of his as a "Legendary Fighter."

What do you all think?

I'm going with Dayne, at the Tower, with Dawn

Because I'm an optimist.

I'm going with Dayne, at the Tower, with Dawn

Because I'm an optimist.

I get kind of giddy even thinking about this. If done right, that would be an amazing scene. Even done poorly, it would likely give me chills.

I don't see who it could be other than Arthur Dayne, and if it is him, I think any scene he could be in would be pretty amazing: Jaime flashing back to the Kingswood Brotherhood, or Tower of Joy, or even something to do with the tourney at Harrenhal (which seems very unlikely considering the casting call's mention of sword skill).

If it's Dayne (which I think it is) will we have Sean Bean back for the fight?

Maybe with some egg white spread all over his face to hide the wrinkles and a shiny haircut.

Or I suppose we could only see him from the back with Dayne speaking his name.

If it's Dayne (which I think it is) will we have Sean Bean back for the fight?

Maybe with some egg white spread all over his face to hide the wrinkles and a shiny haircut.

Or I suppose we could only see him from the back with Dayne speaking his name.

I would love that, but they'd have to do some of that CGI stuff or yeah, egg whites, since Jon was born around then and they made Jon older on the show.

It's probably just a series of brief fighting scenes. I wonder who will actually be ther to remember them though. Howland Reed is the only surviving member, and he hasn't been introduced (not sure how he would be too). Plus I don't think there are weirwoods in this region, so even Bran's weirnet can't see that far...

I guess it could be Jamie's dreams and not ToJ.

Can't be Darkstar - he's the opposite of the paragon of knighthood. There's no one else in the ASOIAF/GOT universe that we know of who fits all 3 criteria (legendary swordsman with famous sword who is a paragon of knighthood) other than Dayne and maybe Azor Ahai.

I don't see how it could be a new character either. If this is such a "legendary" swordsman, wouldn't we have heard of him by now?

I get kind of giddy even thinking about this. If done right, that would be an amazing scene. Even done poorly, it would likely give me chills.

I don't see who it could be other than Arthur Dayne, and if it is him, I think any scene he could be in would be pretty amazing: Jaime flashing back to the Kingswood Brotherhood, or Tower of Joy, or even something to do with the tourney at Harrenhal (which seems very unlikely considering the casting call's mention of sword skill).

If Jaime remembering Kingswood Brotherhood then the legendary knight would probably be Arthur Dayne since he killed the Smiling Knight.

It's probably just a series of brief fighting scenes. I wonder who will actually be ther to remember them though. Howland Reed is the only surviving member, and he hasn't been introduced (not sure how he would be too). Plus I don't think there are weirwoods in this region, so even Bran's weirnet can't see that far...

I guess it could be Jamie's dreams and not ToJ.

Bran was told that eventually he'd be able to see well past the eyes the children carved into the weirwoods.

I agree. He might even be Rhaegar Targaryen combined with Arthur.

Darkstar is ddefinitely not a paragon of knighthood

Can't be Darkstar - he's the opposite of the paragon of knighthood.

Just like Ellaria was against revenge...

They are looking for a fighter, "the best sword-man in Europe"... and that sounds like they are not looking for a good actor.

That's what makes me thing that perhaps he wont be Arthur Dayne (if we see ToJ scene i would hope for some ironical conversation with Ned/Howland or whatever, but some acting and not only a demonstration of sword fight).

That is the same idea that discards Rhaegar. Rhaegar must be a charismatic character. Not only a good fighter (i know he wasnt the best swordman, but he won some Tourneys and fought well against Robert, so maybe in the show he could be a good sword player), but also a intelectual person.

Saying that, so I am thinking on two possibilities: Azor Ahai or "a champion" for someones trial.

Archived