Introductions

Ran

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've been lurking for awhile and posting randomly but I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Phoenix-torn (Or Jill if you'd like). I've been reading these books for years and love this forum. I currently live in Toronto and studying Publishing. Other than that...

Finally, my first post. :)

Hi!

My name is Mike, but I am known by many aliases. For this place, I chose Revan. :) I don't know if you know where it comes from - but I hope you do. :)

I live in Romania, a country as of yet untouched by fingers of ice and fire. :) But I have started reading the books because a friend recommended them. I was reluctant to start, but once I did, it ensnared me as sure as any other saga that I've read. :) I'm currently at book 3. I'm listening to them actually, because I can't read them on paper anymore - in fact I'm listening to it right now. :) But these days, the Tour de France has started, which cuts my daily listening time almost in half. :)

I don't know how active I will be on this board. I know for sure that I will never be able to read everything that has been posted so far - so I would like to know where I should start and where are the more important discussion points at the moment - for a newbie at least. And of course, I have what I'd like to call the "Fear of the Newbie" - that is, to not repeat something that's already been posted or asked.

If y'all would like to know more about me, please don't hesitate to ask. :) I hope I haven't taken too much of your time with this post.

Hello and welcome n00bs!

Word of warning: If you haven't read all of the books then I'd stay in the book specific forums until you do - unless you don't give a shit about spoilers...

N

I'm Grim, one of the bazillions of Mikes on the forums. Been goofin' off around these parts since I was at least 23. Old and busted now. Whatever anyone else may tell you about me is lies and slander.

I hate politicians, I love movies, I don't believe R + L = J, and I'm an aquarius.

I've never seen the Pacific Ocean with my own eyes.

Hello and welcome n00bs!

Word of warning: If you haven't read all of the books then I'd stay in the book specific forums until you do - unless you don't give a shit about spoilers...

N

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I've re-read twice so i'm good :)

I'm Bryce and a regular at other sites even though ASOIAF is pretty much the reason I started looking at fantasy forums.

I'm heading to Law School in the fall and it's kind of a bummer since I won't be able to read much. This summer's been great. I've read tons of great stuff (Erikson, Gemmell, Lynch, Stover among more) and it will sadly be coming to an end way too soon.

Hi. I'm new to posting to this forum but I've been peeking in and reading here and there for months.

Mercenary Chef got me into the series of books and now like the rest of you, I'm biding my time til the fifth one comes out.

Cheers!