Introductions

Ran

Hi, I'm new here too. Picked up a copy of Game of Thrones from my local library a few years ago and quickly fell in love with the series. I'm currently re-reading the series and am (sadly) only a few chapters away from finishing AFFC...been dragging it out as long as I could. I stumbled upon this site in between readings, but didn't join until recently. You all seem like a good lot and I know we already have something in common (I live in a very rural area, so I don't see a whole lot of "Winter is Coming" bumper stickers down here in Texas, if you know what I mean). Anyway, finally decided to enter the 21st century and join my first (and only!) online forum.

My name may be misleading, I am a woman...And a R+L=J supporter. Hate Cersei, love The Hound and want to slap Ned Stark. Mixed feelings about the HBO series...

Hello. A new member here. A friend of mine gave me the first book and I was instantly hooked. I'm just saying a quick hello before I start reading and responding!

Nice to meet you all.

AVOID THIS FORUM AT ALL COSTS. DO NOT LOOK AT ANY ASPECT OF THIS SITE OR ANY OTHER ASOIAF RELATED SITE.

Seriously. DO. NOT. COME. BACK. Until you've finished A Feast for Crows.

Until then, I welcome you.

Edited by WarGalley

Hi, I'm new, Started the series in April of this year, was hooked instantly and read the series so far back to back, am waiting patiently for the new book! Ok, so I should say a little bit about me here, so I am a fantasy fan, apart from GRRM I am also really into reading stuff from David Gemmell, Trudi Canavan and Neil Gaimen to name but a few.

I am also hugely into music, mainly Indie and Dance, but have pretty varied tastes, my new favourite band are 'Bat for Lashes', for those who havnt heard of them, the sound is kinda like Kate Bush meets PJ Harvey with a little melodic pop thrown in, I know a lot of sites dont allow you tube links but If this isnt allowed I'm sure someone will come along and delete it

So apart from reading and music I also love romantic art, Waterhouse's 'The Lady of Shallot' ( my avatar) and Burtons 'The meeting on the Turret stairs' being my favourite paintings.

I am also really into Nature and Photography, not a professional or anything but just like to capture natural images so I can enjoy them over again. So thats about it really, anything else anyone wants to know you can pm me:D

Karen

AVOID THIS FORUM AT ALL COSTS. DO NOT LOOK AT ANY ASPECT OF THIS SITE OR ANY OTHER ASOIAF RELATED SITE.

Seriously. DO. NOT. COME. BACK. Until you've finished A Feast for Crows.

Until then, I welcome you.

Haha. I've read them all. I finished them in about a month's time. How can you actually put the books down once you start? :)

I assume there are lots of spoilers in posts?

Speaking of spoilers, my user name is actually the last two words on the last page of the last book in the series. It will look something like this:

"We should start back," Gared urged as the woods....

<6000 pages or so>

....Arya turned her bloody head to face the zombie Tyrion. With her last breath, she whispered, "Nasrudin's shadow."

Seriously.

Hi, I'm new, Started the series in April of this year, was hooked instantly and read the series so far back to back, am waiting patiently for the new book! Ok, so I should say a little bit about me here, so I am a fantasy fan, apart from GRRM I am also really into reading stuff from David Gemmell, Trudi Canavan and Neil Gaimen to name but a few.

I am also hugely into music, mainly Indie and Dance, but have pretty varied tastes, my new favourite band are 'Bat for Lashes', for those who havnt heard of them, the sound is kinda like Kate Bush meets PJ Harvey with a little melodic pop thrown in, I know a lot of sites dont allow you tube links but If this isnt allowed I'm sure someone will come along and delete it

So apart from reading and music I also love romantic art, Waterhouse's 'The Lady of Shallot' ( my avatar) and Burtons 'The meeting on the Turret stairs' being my favourite paintings.

I am also really into Nature and Photography, not a professional or anything but just like to capture natural images so I can enjoy them over again. So thats about it really, anything else anyone wants to know you can pm me:D

Karen

I'll just welcome myself then!!! *mutters to self* jezz I did an essay and everything :rolleyes:

Edited by Renya

Hi all,

I finally got some time to get on here and make a post. It was great meeting some of you when Kay was in town.

For those of you I didn't meet,

I'm Lindsey, I'm separated from a Marine and I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter (Avalon) and a mini schnauzer (Tazy). I am currently living just outside of DC in Manassas, VA with my parents and two younger sisters (Yes I am lame). I miss playing DnD, love Ani Difranco and Tom Petty (and lots of other random music), I like odd movies and some more normal ones too. That's about it. :)

I'll just welcome myself then!!! *mutters to self* jezz I did an essay and everything :rolleyes:

Welcome to the board, Renya :)

I suspect the welcome thread is not the most frequently-read thread on the board, given that some other threads have more posts in a single day than this thread has had in its entire existence.

Hi all,

I finally got some time to get on here and make a post. It was great meeting some of you when Kay was in town.

I'm Lindsey, I'm separated from a Marine and I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter (Avalon) and a mini schnauzer (Tazy). I am currently living just outside of DC in Manassas, VA with my parents and two younger sisters (Yes I am lame). I miss playing DnD, love Ani Difranco and Tom Petty (and lots of other random music), I like odd movies and some more normal ones too. That's about it. :)

^ This is Kay Fury's BFF

Hi all,

Hi Lindsey. I'm the guy who met up with you and K outside the metro. Welcome to the board.

Welcome to the board, Renya :)

I suspect the welcome thread is not the most frequently-read thread on the board, given that some other threads have more posts in a single day than this thread has had in its entire existence.

Yeah I kinda figured that, was just attention seeking, Is a common problem amongst us youngest children in familys!!!...hehe:D Thank you for the welcome:)

@Renya

You are most wellcome Karen,

I am almost new here too so I believe you deserved some most honorable boardres greeting. Whatever even with some delay that is all I can offer for the time being.

As regards you Avatar - I like it although I have no Idea waht it actual re-presents.

I am complete laic in art (although I happend to visit at some occasions a few famost world's galeries incl. in London)

I am not sure though if DanteGabriel implies that it is exposed in the National Gallery where I actually lost even the vague remainders of my mind that I'd ever possessed.

To my childish perception 'The Lady of Shallot' sounds more or less like 'The Curse of Chalion'

(that is Just to ilustrate my ignorance) :)

@Shahrizai

Wellcome! Your first appearance is rather impressing.