Introductions

Ran

Hey all,

Long time lurker, new poster here. I've been reading threads here for what most be at least a year but only recently started posting. I first found Martin and asoif when I started college in '00 and have never let them go after that. I love all kinds of fantasy and sci fi, everything out of the normal basically, both in books and in TV series.

Currently I'm a Dutchie lost in Sweden, trying to learn the language and having a crappy weekend job. I hope I can start real school again after the summer to get a teachers degree so I can finally can do something with my English degree. Having a master in English Lit doesn't go well on the job market, who would've thunked.

Hey,

I'm 19, from Australia. I used to live in Germany and picked them up at an English store because I hate german books, a friend recommended me them. I LOVE the books, and I want to learn more deeply about the story, so I am here:)

OMG OMG!!

OK a few things.

You are awesome.

Dispel the rumours.. Male or Female..To personal? It's just that Fitz always thought of you as male. And and when he skill healed you. He noticed nothing. And you'd think something like that would be noticed.

But as Amber..very convincing chicky.

what the heck is up with Ratty?

People totally thought you had a thing for Fitz. I don't buy it. I think you just got a kick out of giving him a hard time. But then as Amber, sculpting Fitz onto a ship. Talk about sending mixed signals.

Course there is nothing wrong with having a thing for Fitz..If you like the emo whiny guys. Fair enough.

Welcome to the board

:D

Edited by Saurian

I take it you're a Fitz/Fool fan too :)

oh ok, I get it. Play it cool, don't answer questions and stay all mysterious. *sniff* :crying:

I suppose I am a fan. The farseer trilogy was my introduction to fantasy.

Before that, it was horror and murder mysteries.

aw you never forget your first. ;)

Sorry to disappoint. I'm a guy, but I don't think Fitz swings both ways. Anyway I have no idea what gender the fool is, but you think Fitz would of seen his junk when he skill healed him naked after the forging from the other white one. It was my first book too, with Magician from Raymond E. Feist.

I've already said hello on the Aussiecon thread, but seeing as this is the official thread for it, I'm saying it again!! I've now just started my FOURTH time of reading aSoIaF (obsessed much?), mostly just because I started this forum and people are talking about all crazy kinds of intricacies about the books that I've mostly forgotten and don't want to appear unedumacated on the GRRM-front whenever I get enough confidence to actually start replying to such threads.

p.s I agree, Fitz does not swing both ways, that is why he was never attracted to the Fool, and for the record, I liked the Fool as Amber more for some reason. I found him less creepy as a woman haha.

I've already said hello on the Aussiecon thread, but seeing as this is the official thread for it, I'm saying it again!! I've now just started my FOURTH time of reading aSoIaF (obsessed much?), mostly just because I started this forum and people are talking about all crazy kinds of intricacies about the books that I've mostly forgotten and don't want to appear unedumacated on the GRRM-front whenever I get enough confidence to actually start replying to such threads.

p.s I agree, Fitz does not swing both ways, that is why he was never attracted to the Fool, and for the record, I liked the Fool as Amber more for some reason. I found him less creepy as a woman haha.

Welcome. If you have read all the books I recommend this thread It was an eye opener for me and fun.

Nah Fitz wouldn't have gone for another guy. Quite a few wanted the Fool to be female so they could have a future romantic sideline story. But I don't believe that would have ever worked.

@The Fool.

Anyway I have no idea what gender the fool is, but you think Fitz would of seen his junk when he skill healed him naked after the forging from the other white one.

I know it's semantics. But I think Fitz would have expected the Fool to have junk. In that close intimate situation, if Fitz discover no junk or an otherwise (both or none) situation. I would have expected that to register big time with Fitz.

*shrugs*

Hey Gang,

Just wanted to pop in say hello! Currently about 200 pages into ACoK and still as addicted as ever. I'm doing my best to avoid some of the main boards in order to steer clear of spoilers but still wanted to join the community in case I am in need of an answer.

I'm sure once I catch up in preparation of ADoD I will participate more.

So until then, I'll be lurking in the shadows! :)

-Gos

Hey everyone.

I've been lurking around for a while now and finally decided to join in on the fun. I've been a fan of ASOIAF since '04 and have read and re-read all the books.

At the moment, I'm in Tokyo finishing up my bachelor's degree but I hope the next place I'm headed will have HBO because I can't wait for the television adaptation of the series!

Hey everyone.

I've been lurking around for a while now and finally decided to join in on the fun. I've been a fan of ASOIAF since '04 and have read and re-read all the books.

At the moment, I'm in Tokyo finishing up my bachelor's degree but I hope the next place I'm headed will have HBO because I can't wait for the television adaptation of the series!

Welcome to the board Phantom! You may not need HBO to see the series, I know Ran was talking about other television networks in countries without HBO that may be carrying it because they are patnered/subsidiaries with HBO.

Hi everybody, just a noob dropping in to say hello.

ASOIAF is the first fantasy I've read (apart from Tolkien) that I've read in many years, but I've become obsessed over the last few weeks. I picked up 'Game of Thrones' on a whim after reading about the tv adaptation and have just finished part 1 of 'Storm of Swords' and part 2 is winging it's way from Amazon right now.

I'm currently feeling conflicted between my great love of the books, my dismay that I'll soon have read all of the books (so far) and my anticipation for the HBO series.

Hi everyone! I'm new here! I'm 26 from Brooklyn, NY.

My roommate had been raving about this series for ages, but it wasn't until after he moved out that I found his copy of Game of Thrones and took a glance at it. In a couple of weeks I had bought and completed the entire series, and am reading through it again now. I've also been eagerly awaiting the HBO series, because I love HBO original productions and think it will be spectacular. I'm so glad I found this community, and I love all the theories everyone has (especially when they match up with ones I've come up with on my own), and all the details I missed and connections I hadn't put together yet. You guys are really on top of this! How do you people get summaries for the chapters of the next book in the spoiler boards? I know there are two chapters released already as previews, but that board seems to have everything! You guys going through Martin's trash or something? ^.^

Anyway, glad to be here!

Hi, everyone! Here is Sylwia, 17, Poland. Started reading the song a few months ago and it's awesome, my favourite series... of course. Well, none of my friends's had time to finish it yet and I just must talk to someone. So I'm here.

Ooh, and hi to all Fitz fans ;)