Introductions

Ran

Hi Everyone

I'm Wendy, I first started reading ASoIaF about eight years ago when I received CoK as a free gift from my bookclub so then had to get AGoT as I can't read a series out of sequence. I read all the books then found this forum about a year ago (long time lurker) and discovered I hadn't really read the books at all, R+L=J !! never entered my tiny mind. So now I've done four rereads and I'm still awed by the theories people come up with (especially the one about Gregor and Sandor being brothers - that blew me away)

(especially the one about Gregor and Sandor being brothers - that blew me away)

:lol: It's subtle, but all the clues are there :D

Welcome, Wendy and Blackfish Blues!

Hi. I'm new (obviously). I was introduced to the board by a ninja friend, though I tend towards the pirate, myself. I'm a huge fan of reading and writing, and a particular sucker for any story written in verse... yes, that means I actually read and enjoyed all the "songs" in the Lord of the Rings books. So, well, I guess this is were I start.

Hi. I'm new (obviously). I was introduced to the board by a ninja friend, though I tend towards the pirate, myself. I'm a huge fan of reading and writing, and a particular sucker for any story written in verse... yes, that means I actually read and enjoyed all the "songs" in the Lord of the Rings books. So, well, I guess this is were I start.

:D

Let the addiction begin... :evil:

Hello,

I just found this Introduction thread.

I'm from the small mountain kingdom Austria *g* and therefore not a native speaker. So, please ignore my grammar mistakes. ;)

I started to read ASOIAF many years ago (found it randomly at amazon) and have infected since then all my friends with it. :D

Hi All!

I'm another newbie. Have been rec'd this place by a RL friend who floats around the boards here. Although, I have no idea what his user name is...hmmm...

Anywayz. This same friend is the one who got me on to ASOIF in the first place. We worked together at a bookstore and I'm pretty sure I'd only been there about 5 minutes before he thrust said books in to my hand and demanded I read them at once.

It has taken me a while to get through them, I will admit. I like to read twenty books at once, and don't like to read series all in one go. So I read the first book, and then about 30 other books before I read the second...and so on...but I love these books. Have a bit of a geek-crush on GRRM and follow him on livejournal. :)

As for other interest, I am a big geek. I love me some BSG, Doctor Who, Stargate, Supernatural - pretty much anything filmed in Vancouver or Cardiff.

Can't wait to get to know you all! I'll even be at AussieCon 4, so perhaps I'll even meet some of you!

I wanna know which friend of Ali's you are. :P

(Even if she hadn't come in and snickered, I'd have known from the ninja ref. :P)

Also, welcome Sneaky Monkey! :) And if I had to guess, I'd say it's Ski the Swift...but due to the change in names for the World Cup, I think it's Elephant the Swift. (If I'm wrong, my bad. But I think I'm right. ;))

Edited by Mya Eko

Mya Eko, I'm a friend from work, we reinforce the dark side.

PSA: Be careful... when a ninja snickers, it ususally means that someone who doubts the power of the ninja just died of "natural causes"

Edited by C.Elf-H.Elf

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Just devoured the series and going in for my first re-read right now. Completely obsessed and adoring of the characters, scope, GRRM's voice, and on and on. Been loving reading threads around here, they're helping me see details I missed and bide my time waiting for the next book. My handle is an old one from before Episode One ruined the entire franchise for me, but thought I'd return to my comfortable old fantasy-forum identity. Favorite characters are Jaime Lannister, Tyrion Lannister, Jon Snow.

Having trouble installing my picture & avatar so sorry you don't get to see my pretty face.

Cheers!

I'm so glad to have found these books, I only found out about them during the media coverage about the HBO series. I'm a big fan of HBO's series like The Wire and the Sopranos so I gave Game of Thrones a go. Fantasy is not normally my thing at all, I mean I've read LOTR and The Silmarillion but that's about it but I was hooked instantly.I've been reading them through the Stanza app on the iphone so I had quick access whenever I had a spare moment and I've devoured all four books lol. Like everyone else I eagerly await A Dance with Dragons.

See you around the discussion threads.

:)

My name is John.

I feel like telling you all to 'make whoopie' with each other - but instead I would like to tell everybody how much I love them.

I accept you all.

And the children ARE the future.

I mostly amuse myself. But sometimes I amuse others.

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking around for some time now, reading opinions, thoughts, comments and most importantly: various crackpot theories of my beloved series.

I must say that most of them struck me hard in the head because when I was reading ASoIaF first time, I wasn't particularly paying attention to small details.

So f.e. R+L=J got me by surprise, smashed 3 times and throw me out of the window with me thinking: "Oh, that's obvious" :) (which now I'm not so sure about anymore, but I would like it to be true)

The moment before signing here I thought: "I just found a thing that no one found before" - finding that Rugen is in fact Varys on my (probably) third re-read. Fortunately I kept my head cool and after signing used search option... yup, Rugen was there already. Poor me. :)

Anyway, I must say that so far I loved the page and the forums and it would be bad not to sign here after "using" wisdom of the community.

I don't know how active can I be but nevertheless, see you on thr forums guys.

(Forgive me my English, it isn't what it should be)

Oh wow, I haven't been here in a long time. I see that you've redone the place. Very nice. Good to know this account hasn't been purged yet.

Anyway, I used to lurk here a good bit. Don't know if I'll be posting much now that I've run over the place again.

Edited by Dumas