Introductions

Ran

Ahoy! I've been lurking here forever, & decided I should actually say "hey." I've been a huge GRRM fan since I 1st picked up GoT, and I'm a big sci-fi/fantasy/imagined universe of any kind fan both with literature and film/t.v.

I love these forums, so much awesome brain power devoted to my favorite series.. :)

Hello all!

I read the books and fell in love with them earlier this year. I recently realised that I had been avoiding the forum in fear of spoilers- now I've finished them all I can dive right in!

In other bits of mild interest; I write fantasy/horror short stories and have a few published here and there, I'm writing my fourth novel length thingy, and I co-host a podcast called the Box Room about geeky stuff. Well, mostly Doctor Who at the moment.

I've been browsing around for a while, and I think I'm feeling brave enough to talk now... ;)

Hello everybody.

I'm new to writing in these forums, but i've been viewing them for quite a few years now.

I have first read the first 3 books at the beggining of the 2000's, than for a second time read the 4 first books when Feast was published, and now I'm reading the series for a 3rd time, in (probably vain) hope that by the time I finish Dance will be published. currently I'm in the second half of ACOK.

Welcome senny, Kage and Dark Knight!

Slightly disappointing. I prefer Welcome forums not topics, it's not original in any way and makes a community less of a community. In any case hello...

:lol: Interesting choice of first post, dude!

Hey everyone,

Just registered but I've been coming quite often on this forum over the last few months.

I'm French, from Paris, and currently 21. I first read the series when I was something like 13, and must have read it ten times since. Of course, I've been waiting for Dance over the last five years, coming everyday on George's blog and analyzing every word he gave us about the books, looking for hints about when it will be finished.

So, pretty much like everyone else here, I guess. ;)

Hello everyone,

Recently discovered ASOIAF, and am hooked. Couldn't put ASOS down, just finished it, and now 100+ pages into AFFC. I bow to the author's brilliance. Is it true? You've all been waiting years for the fifth book?? I'm glad I only have to wait a year or so (please ye gods, let it be sooner). :P And I'm so stoked for the HBO series.

Hi everybody, I have been a lurker and a registered used both for a while (edit:just realized I registered over a year ago!), but this is actually my first post.

As all of you I have read the series a couple times, and I am still surprised by the amount of things I have learned reading and wandering around this site (mostly from work, hence the lack of posting) :ph34r:

I look forward to learning new things, getting to know people and of course...wait patiently for dance. :read:

Edited by Nawal Ganael

Hello, everyone. I don't usually introduce myself on forums, but I'll make an exception for Westeros, because I need to explain something: I'll be lurking a a hell of a lot in the next couple of months. I finished reading A Game of Thrones and went about 300 pages into A Clash of Kings, but had to stop due to an exam for the entire last month. Now I'm back to reading, but still I need to avoid the spoiler threads, and since this is a forum about discussing A Song of Ice and Fire series... well, you get my dilemma.

Other than that, nice meeting everyone and I'm looking forward to actually talk about stuff, once I read the stuff. Though I'm secretly hoping Mr. Martin will finish the fifth book by the time I'm done. *cough*

Edited by Songlian