Introductions

Ran

Hello! I'm Nausikaa, new to these forums. About a year ago, I found the ASoIaF books and pretty much inhaled them, finnishing one after the other. Amazing books! I recently found this forum and so here I am. Looking forward to discussing these books with everyone! :)

Hello all!

I read the books and fell in love with them earlier this year. I recently realised that I had been avoiding the forum in fear of spoilers- now I've finished them all I can dive right in!

In other bits of mild interest; I write fantasy/horror short stories and have a few published here and there, I'm writing my fourth novel length thingy, and I co-host a podcast called the Box Room about geeky stuff. Well, mostly Doctor Who at the moment.

I've been browsing around for a while, and I think I'm feeling brave enough to talk now... ;)

Oh my! It's a small, small world!

Ummm, Hi. :rolleyes:

Hey Susan :) /\-This was sort of out of context for us.

It came across as more contempt like for "having" to be in an intro thread.

Which was kind of weird cause no one "has" to intro themselves here. It's nice to do though.

But now we know it wasn't a message to the board in general.

Welcome muchly to the forums Susan Fox. Hope you have read all the books because as much as we try. Spoilers can be stumbled across.

And, to be perfectly honest, clever and and cynical seem to be working out just great for me.

It does for most of us as well ;)

edit for a missing (K)

Edited by Saurian

Hello, all! Brand-new reader here. I'm 30 and live in NYC, an unrepentant sci-fi/fantasy geek (I love Tolkien, Star Trek, BSG, Firefly, and the list goes on) who somehow only just discovered this series. I blew through the books this summer (couldn't put them down) and have been lurking here for a few weeks now. If there are future NYC meetups, I'd be game. :)

The name's Tony...macaroni is actually a family nickname.

Anyway, long time ASOIAF fan. Actually met the author in Birmingham, UK several years ago. Nice fella.

Am currently living in Worcester (also UK) and am waiting with baited breathe for the next book and TV series.

My claim to fame is that I have actually been on the set of the HBO series as my cousins work on the set in Belfast. Did you know they paint the grass to make it greener????

My claim to fame is that I have actually been on the set of the HBO series as my cousins work on the set in Belfast. Did you know they paint the grass to make it greener????

!?! Is that why we think the neighbours grass is always greener? We've been conditioned by television to be dissatisfied with the actual natural world?

Anyway, welcome to you and to Ku.!

Hello - just introducing myself properly. My name is Jeremy. I am male. I managed to go to Aussiecon last Friday, and also snagged a seat at the dinner with GRRM. Uhh...what else... I have been living and working in Melbourne for the past 11 months but am from San Francisco, and will be going back to SF in October. The end?

Hello - just introducing myself properly. My name is Jeremy. I am male. I managed to go to Aussiecon last Friday, and also snagged a seat at the dinner with GRRM. Uhh...what else... I have been living and working in Melbourne for the past 11 months but am from San Francisco, and will be going back to SF in October. The end?

Kidney Boy!!

You should come to a BWB Norcal event. We have them sometimes.

We're always looking for kidneys.

Hey it's Lucy here. I've already posted a couple of times. Melbourne. Female. Met some Brothers last Saturday. It's almost been a week. How sad.

I got referred onto this website by someone posting on GRRM's LiveJournal when I said I needed friends at the conference. Was it anyone here?

Attention Melbournites: Inquisitor and I probably met a couple of you on Friday/ Saturday, but we didn't actually meet each other. He wants to try a Lebo place in the city somewhere. Anybody keen? It's a while away, but I was thinking Friday 1 October. Jeremy, I will PM you cos not sure if you will check this again, plus, there are too many threads and I lose track as well!