Introductions

Ran

Hi I’m Stephen,

I signed up at the behest of my real world colleague Rimshot whom I work with in Belfast. Love the books and have been reading them since the first was published in 96, was going to wait until the last book in the series to re-read them all but I’ve given in and started into AGOT at the weekend. Although I don’t get as much time to read with a 2yr old and another on the way as I did in 96 :).

Cheers

Stephen

I just started reading A song of ice and fire and as usual when I start stuff like that I like to join the forum community.

So I've been lurking around here for awhile and it seems alright :)

So here I am.

ps. You might notice my English kinda suck cas its not my first language but as long as I got my trusty spell checker right here you guys should be alright ;)

Edited by DNking

Hi :)

Unfortunately its too late I already did and you guested the outcome correctly :(

btw i just noticed there's a sticky tread for this that i didn't see before so... this still ok?

Edited by DNking

Welcome, DNKing. :) I would avoid looking at any threads about the books until you're done with the series 4 books that has been released so far. There's a lot of spoilers.

corrected that for you :) .

DNking - welcome to the boards, but you may have noticed that there is an Introductions thread...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, another lurker here, thought I'd finally bite the bullet and sign up. After seeing the reports from the moot I'm sad I didn't get to attend that as I had to work. And I live near Belfast, so it was tantalisingly close! Ah well, maybe next year.

Hi all!

I am Johan from Sweden.. I more or less discovered this forum while searching for news related to the books and signed up right away, I have been using the wiki for some time though..

Love the books and I am looking forward to the next one!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

my name's Simon and I'm from Northern Ireland. I've been a fan of asoiaf for a few years now and was lucky enough to spend four days in August as an extra on the HBO series. I was a bit gutted to read of the moots I've already missed so I could kick myself for not having joined the fora earlier. Other interests include geekery, rock/metal, football, boxing, video games and laughing at shellsuits.

Hello all. :)

I'm Lundy and used to hang around the old Ice and Fire boards way, way back when. Anyway it's been so very long I'm sure no one remembers me, so Hi, I'm Lundy. :smoking:

Now that HBO is doing the series I've re-read the 4 novels and once again can't get my head out of Westeros. Don't even feel like reading any other books. Spoiling for spoilers (yes I've been to the ADwD spoilers thread) :thumbsup:

Apologies in advance for all the "dumb" questions I'll be asking about subjects I'm certain have been discussed ad-nauseum, but I missed those discussions, so again sorry to be a bore. :blushing:

So cheers to all and I look forward to friendly discussions. :cheers: