Introductions

Ran

Hi, new to the board. I'm a research student, studying archaeology. Big fan of GRRM, but don't know anyone else to banter or speculate with about ASoIaF. Stuck in an airport in England during the snow so I thought I'd get posting on this since I signed up ages ago. Hello! :)

Edited by Wendel

Hi, new to the board. I'm a research student, studying archaeology. Big fan of GRRM, but don't know anyone else to banter or speculate with about ASoIaF. Stuck in an airport in England during the snow so I thought I'd get posting on this since I signed up ages ago. Hello! :)

Hi! :thumbsup:

Hello! I got on the asoiaf thrillride back in '03 or '04, about a year and a half before AFFC and I've been stucked ever since! I've ended up hearing about it from a WoT board where asoiaf was describe as NOT about good verses evil but peoples and families motivated by there own self interests. I sounded so refreshing ... until Ned got his head cut off! I've can't get enough now.

I've been bored lately and now I'm finishing up my second reread. I've been a lurker here for at least 9 months and only now have been trying to contribute because I don't want to be considered a floob!

Hello everyone. My name is Jessica and I'm a long-time friend of Yagathai. He and X Ray the Enforcer urged me for years to read the books, but I didn't pick them up until now.

I am seriously regretting not listening to their advice earlier. :) Have only finished Game of Thrones, so don't spoil me, please!

I'm originally from Texas, but currently teaching English in South Korea. I love it very much and hope to make teaching my full-time career on return to the USA.

I'm also really interested in attending future BwB meetups in the future.

That's all for now, folks!

Look, it was this or back to trolling the Barbaro forums. At least I'm reading something that contributes to my cultural literacy in the world instead of baiting horse fanfic writers.

That Barbaro-Jesus slashfic was the pinnacle of what our civilization can produce. Of this, I am sure.

Hello! I'm using this to re-delurk, since I didn't introduced myself the first time I posted. I hope it's alright.

I'm an university student, studying arabic and persian languages and cultures. I became a fan of Asoiaf about an year ago, when a friend told me to try out the books,

and now, well, I'm waiting for ADWD.

I read also others fantasy and sci-fi books, with a preference for the latter. I've got a little bit of interest in gardening and agriculture, too.

And in historical fencing, partly because of GRRM's books. And in anything related to the ocean. All things I can't do, sadly.

Hello! I'm using this to re-delurk, since I didn't introduced myself the first time I posted. I hope it's alright.

I'm an university student, studying arabic and persian languages and cultures. I became a fan of Asoiaf about an year ago, when a friend told me to try out the books,

I read also others fantasy and sci-fi books, with a preference for the latter. I've got a little bit of interest in gardening and agriculture, too.

And in historical fencing, partly because of GRRM's books. And in anything related to the ocean. All things I can't do, sadly.

You wouldn't happen to have a Twitter account of exactly the same name, would you...?

ETA: Nevermind. Asked @indigocat, and despite the fact that you both are studying Arabic, you are not the same person. :leaving:

Edited by Underfoot

Hello everyone. My name is Jessica and I'm a long-time friend of Yagathai. He and X Ray the Enforcer urged me for years to read the books, but I didn't pick them up until now.

I am seriously regretting not listening to their advice earlier. :) Have only finished Game of Thrones, so don't spoil me, please!

I'm originally from Texas, but currently teaching English in South Korea. I love it very much and hope to make teaching my full-time career on return to the USA.

I'm also really interested in attending future BwB meetups in the future.

That's all for now, folks!

Say, any friend of Yags is certainly a... Hey, welcome anyway. :)

Edited by Quoth

Not easy languages those two. Welcome, Welcome!

Thanks for welcoming me, Underfoot, Phantom!

Someone else using my same username and studying the same language is kinda weird...

And arabic is pretty difficult, true, but persian it's easier to study.

It has a less complicated grammar and the words not too difficult to vocalize.

Hello! I am new here. A family member recently suggested I read this series. I, like many people, put it off for a while (some of us are just stubborn like that).

Then, he showed me the trailer for the upcoming HBO series and I decided to get off my high horse and give it a shot.

Needless to say I was hooked. By the end of that first chapter (Bran) there was no turning back. I burned through that book in a matter of days and ordered the rest of the books from Amazon.

I have finished the last book. I didn't want to look for a website until I had done so because I didn't want to feel lost in the conversations.

So, there it is. I will be puttering around the forum and seeing what it's all about. Thank you very much.