Introductions

Ran

Yo. Hi. I started reading the books earlier this year after googling "top fantasy" or something like that. I found a list of "best fantasy novels" or somesuch, and the series was number one. So I said to myself, "Okay then!" and I've read finished the first three. I took a break for a while and then picked up the fourth (er, downloaded it onto my ereader). I'm almost 1/4 of the way through. I read really fast, so I'll probably finish it this weekend, despite it being crazy long. Until then, I'll be attempting to avoid spoilers! Nice to meet you all!

Hi everyone, am I the only one on this board who has yet to read a single line written by Mr. Martin ? (don't throw stones at me). Although it's my first post, I've been peeking in for some time and the reason why I visit here is to grasp the wealth of information about all things SF/F continuously flowing between connoisseurs. So, congrats and thanks to the creators of the board (Ran ? Someone else?).

Hello!

Longtime reader, first time poster.

First got into it years back, but had only the friend who introduced me to the series to discuss it with. It's really amazing how much there is in this series to be talked about! And I only found this forum after searching around to watch the TV trailers. Then I was like, "Whoa!" and stayed up way too late seeing what everyone thought about so many topics! So I'm happy to find a place where people actually DO discuss this stuff in the most minute detail!

Hello, I've been lurking for a few weeks and decided to climb in.

I'm Elaine, from Texas. I'm a housewife and substitute teacher, and I'm on my fourth read-through of the series. I've really enjoyed this site and look forward to being part of the community.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all.

Another longtime lurker, first time poster. I'm a Librarian from Sydney and was curious about the series having heard so much about it around the usual bibliophile traps, so decided to it read and got addicted (tried the same thing after hearing about Twilight but that didn't work out so well :read: )

G'day people, Will here. I picked up the first book in September of last year, now finished them all and got my ex-girlfriend and her aunty addicted to the series also. Just waiting for the tv show and book 5 like the majority. Looking for a place to keep myself up-to-date with the latest goings on in Westeros.

I guess I never introduced myself . . . sorry! So here it is . . .

I'm Jess and I love the Song of Ice and Fire series, although I despair of it ever being completed. Maybe the HBO series will push it along a little bit?

Anyway, looking forward to chatting with everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Hail one and all!

I'm Jared, and I am glad I found these boards!!! I am a fan of the books, first read them awhile ago while in high school. Now I am planning on running a Game of Thrones RPG so I am re-reading the books and falling in love all over again.

Hope to get to know you all better soon!

-Ser Roland

Good day everyone!

Just registered myself here so a presentation was next!

I love fantasy/epic/medieval books and A song of ice and fire is my favourite since I began reading it. I'm always happy to know people that likes it too so we can talk about it. I think I'm in the right place, eh? ^-^

Good day everyone!

Just registered myself here so a presentation was next!

I love fantasy/epic/medieval books and A song of ice and fire is my favourite since I began reading it. I'm always happy to know people that likes it too so we can talk about it. I think I'm in the right place, eh? ^-^

Welcome Khera! Enjoy the forums :)