Introductions

Ran

I said my first hello in the WMF's thread, but thought I'ld give a fuller intro on this thread.

I'm a 28 year old girl from Sydney. I read my first fantasy book when I was 11 - when my (much older) brother shoved a Pratchet novel into my hands when I was complaining of boredom one school holiday.

I dont tend to post a lot on forums, but I dont really know anyone else who loves fantasy books in my immediate circle, so hopefully I can overcome my chronic shyness and post here frequently.

Hi. My name is Jordan. I first heard of ASOIAF because my mom recommended them but I refused to read them. I didn't think I'd like them. Then, at the Pendragon forum in an Inheritance RP my friends Jake and Tim told me to read them. I figured that both them and my mom couldn't both be wrong so I was like what the hell. I finished AFfC less than 2 weeks later. Needless to say, I was hooked.

Anyways, I've been out of the forum thing for about a year now. Decided to join this one as soon as I saw the ADwD release date but didn't get around to it til a couple days ago.I like to read (obviously), I write sometimes and I used to be big into RPing, I play a lot of video games(anything by square enix will basically be my favorites. Final Fantasy IX is probably my favorite game of all time), and there's really not much else. I'm a senior in high school...and that's it.

If you have questions I have answers.

Hello, I'm Tora. Fairly new to the fandom and series in general, most of my interest being gained from the tv show. (yeah, mock the newbie!)

I'm studying to get a degree in Digital Design, and I draw a lot. I've done a few GoT sketches, which you can view here if you're interested. :)

I'm currently looking for someone in America to proxy for me, as I'm in Australia and HBO doesn't ship overseas. (I guess they don't like money) I'm not sure where exactly to post this though, and I'm still pursuing a few other alternate avenues, but if they don't succeed I may have to ask here.

Edited by Toraneko

Hi. My name is Jordan. I first heard of ASOIAF because my mom recommended them but I refused to read them. I didn't think I'd like them. Then, at the Pendragon forum in an Inheritance RP my friends Jake and Tim told me to read them. I figured that both them and my mom couldn't both be wrong so I was like what the hell. I finished AFfC less than 2 weeks later. Needless to say, I was hooked.

Anyways, I've been out of the forum thing for about a year now. Decided to join this one as soon as I saw the ADwD release date but didn't get around to it til a couple days ago.I like to read (obviously), I write sometimes and I used to be big into RPing, I play a lot of video games(anything by square enix will basically be my favorites. Final Fantasy IX is probably my favorite game of all time), and there's really not much else. I'm a senior in high school...and that's it.

If you have questions I have answers.

Welcome. I'll keep an eye out for you, as we share our given name, so I must be sure that you do not besmirch it :)

Hello, I'm Tora. Fairly new to the fandom and series in general, most of my interest being gained from the tv show. (yeah, mock the newbie!)

I'm studying to get a degree in Digital Design, and I draw a lot. I've done a few GoT sketches, which you can view here if you're interested. :)

I'm currently looking for someone in America to proxy for me, as I'm in Australia and HBO doesn't ship overseas. (I guess they don't like money) I'm not sure where exactly to post this though, and I'm still pursuing a few other alternate avenues, but if they don't succeed I may have to ask here.

The fl00b cometh! Err, I mean, welcome! Checked out some of your art, pretty well done (though honestly not totally my style) - and I always have to respect artistic talent due to my complete lack thereof.

Can't help you re: HBO, but if that question can be answered anywhere it'll be here, especially given the number of Aussies on the board. I'm sure some of them wouldn't mind pointing you in the right direction. I'm sure you have already checked out Hulu (I'm not sure if they carry HBO programming), or you might see if it's possible to stream from the HBO site with a subscription even if you can't get it via cable/sat.

Edit: A quick search of the boards found this thread, which might help answer some of your questions.

Also this.

Edited by WrathOfMe

Hello! I'm new to the forum, although I've been lurking for a week or so at least! ;)

I stumbled across the ASOIAF series on my own within the last few months, and immediately devoured the series. Before you knew it, I was trying to get more info and the families and jonesing for hints of future developments from GRRM. So I stumbled my way here from the Concordance and SSM portions of the site before realizing what the forums could do. No one else in my circle is really a big reader (much less a fantasy one!) so I'm bursting with desires to talk about the series! lol

Look forward to sharing ideas with everyone while we while away the time to the big release! :)

Just discovered this thread.

Do I count as a fl00b if I started the book series before I heard about the HBO series but only just finished this year?

Call me Pho. Everyone else does and it saves typing.

Edited by Phostopheles

Hey!

I'm new to everything G.R.R.Martin related but as I'm completely hooked by the books I had to find a place to discuss everything that is going through my mind right now.

Oh, I almost forgot to say it: I'm from Brazil!

Hi. Some of you may know me from Dragonmount; I go by the same name in there. I've been planning on starting this book series for a while but haven't got around to it. I'm currently waiting on Amazon to deliver AGOT in paperback; it should be here either tomorrow or Friday. (Yeah, I still read books on paper. No Nook or Kindle here, and no interest in getting one.) The HBO series looks great from what I have seen but I don't have HBO. I'd planned on keeping an eye out for the DVD release.