Introductions

Ran

Thanks! I'm guessing all the accounts had to be remade, yes? There was no transfer of old usernames?

There is a system for reinstating names, titles and post counts.

Have a look at this thread. However, bear in mind that admin may be somewhat busy at the moment due to re-skin, the arrival of GOT (TV) and a rather large influx of new members. :)

Greetings! I've been lurking here on/off since 2007. I first read asoiaf back 2001 at the recommendation of a college friend. Since then I have reread the current books every couple of years, sometimes in series order, sometimes by each PoV. After finishing SoS that year I went on to buy/read almost all of Martin's other works (sans Wildcards). I've read a ton of sci-fi/fantasy series, but for me nothing compares to asoiaf.

A bit about myself: I'm a Japanese Language and Literature major, my love is Heian period literature. I love motorcycles & old hot rods and help my husband refinish both. I co-founded an anime con in KC back in 2005 as well as worked a few others in the midwest. I love to refinish old furniture (among other things) and go antiquing all the time. I broke my leg at roller derby last year and thus decided to persue derby ref-dom instead. I've played WoW since early 2007 and used to be a judge for the tcg. I love to garden! I currently work at a veterinary clinic…. it's great, but only temporary (my husband is USN and we tend to move). When I was working cons I used to cosplay a lot, now I just sew them for parties and halloween (I've always wanted to do asoiaf costume).

Anyoo, I've enjoyed reading all the opinions and theories since I've been lurking and thought I should probably finally start to post.

Hello everyone! It's great to finally join and start finding out about this series.

I have a friend who simply LOVES it and demanded I join. :stunned:

Anyways, I'm a big fan of history and mostly read historical

novels until delving into the fantasy world. In the past year

or so, I've read the Dark Tower and Wheel of Time series. I'm

on Mistborn right now and fixing to start SoIaF pretty soon.

I watched the HBO series to get a feel for what it's about and

found it noticeably different then any other series I've read.

Liked it...want more.

I'm 28 and from the States. I'd love to meet some people here

and start having some fun. I'm a member of several WoT sites

and some may already know me from there. Anyway, please feel

free to say hi sometime and tell me the best areas to check out.

Thanks! ~Gulb

Edited by Gulbrand Muirgheal

Greetings! I've been lurking here on/off since 2007. I first read asoiaf back 2001 at the recommendation of a college friend. Since then I have reread the current books every couple of years, sometimes in series order, sometimes by each PoV. After finishing SoS that year I went on to buy/read almost all of Martin's other works (sans Wildcards). I've read a ton of sci-fi/fantasy series, but for me nothing compares to asoiaf.

A bit about myself: I'm a Japanese Language and Literature major, my love is Heian period literature. I love motorcycles & old hot rods and help my husband refinish both. I co-founded an anime con in KC back in 2005 as well as worked a few others in the midwest. I love to refinish old furniture (among other things) and go antiquing all the time. I broke my leg at roller derby last year and thus decided to persue derby ref-dom instead. I've played WoW since early 2007 and used to be a judge for the tcg. I love to garden! I currently work at a veterinary clinic…. it's great, but only temporary (my husband is USN and we tend to move). When I was working cons I used to cosplay a lot, now I just sew them for parties and halloween (I've always wanted to do asoiaf costume).

Anyoo, I've enjoyed reading all the opinions and theories since I've been lurking and thought I should probably finally start to post.

Hey all-

I've been obsessed with this series for years now and lurked in the Citadel for a while. The HBO series prompted me to finally make an account. Hope to speak with you all in due time.

Michael

Hello everyone! It's great to finally join and start finding out about this series.

I have a friend who simply LOVES it and demanded I join. :stunned:

Anyways, I'm a big fan of history and mostly read historical

novels until delving into the fantasy world. In the past year

or so, I've read the Dark Tower and Wheel of Time series. I'm

on Mistborn right now and fixing to start SoIaF pretty soon.

I watched the HBO series to get a feel for what it's about and

found it noticeably different then any other series I've read.

Liked it...want more.

I'm 28 and from the States. I'd love to meet some people here

and start having some fun. I'm a member of several WoT sites

and some may already know me from there. Anyway, please feel

free to say hi sometime and tell me the best areas to check out.

Thanks! ~Gulb

I wish to welcome all three of you. Though I am relatively new myself (since November of 2009). But this is a great place and I think you will all enjoy it. Post whatever you are thinking about, and prepare to defend your posts. People here will make you think. Gotta love it. :)

Hello all!

I'm relatively new to the series compared to most of you. I picked up the books in January on a friend's recommendation and am not about 50 pages in to AFFC. (Been reading slower than usual to facilitate conversations about the books along the way.) Also have seen the first episode of the HBO series.

I'm a 27 year old female living in Pennsylvania, USA. I've always been a big fan of fantasy/sci-fi and historical fiction. I've been perusing these boards for a while now and finally decided to make and account and post my thoughts, comments, etc here instead of just discussing them with friends.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Welcome, LAH.

This is a very active board, and as such is a great place to discuss your musings about the series because you are bound to get a variety of responses. If you are not yet finished the books, you'd best be careful of spoilers, though!

I wish to welcome all three of you. Though I am relatively new myself (since November of 2009). But this is a great place and I think you will all enjoy it. Post whatever you are thinking about, and prepare to defend your posts. People here will make you think. Gotta love it. :)

No problem there! I can be an aggressive poster... but not in a malicious way, just in a "I'm ready for a good debate about something I am passionate about" sort of way... :thumbsup:

Hi Guys I'm Sabrina, huge fantasy fan (WoT, LOTR, Mistborn, Abbhorsen, ASOIAF....) and I'm based in London, would love to come to any London (UK) fan meet ups :)

Currently studying for my Masters in Chemistry, later this year I'm starting work as an actuary.

Hi Guys I'm Sabrina, huge fantasy fan (WoT, LOTR, Mistborn, Abbhorsen, ASOIAF....) and I'm based in London, would love to come to any London (UK) fan meet ups :)

Currently studying for my Masters in Chemistry, later this year I'm starting work as an actuary.

Bliebe, reste, stay!

Oh, and I have a 16lb jack russell terrier who believes herself to be a direwolf.

Lol. Sounds like your jack russell has attitude, love it!

I'm new to ASOIAF. First came across it when George R.R. Martin mentioned how much he hated the Lost finale. Since I was a former Lost fan and equally hated the ending, I took notice and after reading more of what Martin had to say, I decided to watch the first episode of A Game of Thrones last week. Being a fan of history and fantasy, I like it already. I'm happy to find this active forum to read and discuss the show and books.

Lol. Sounds like your jack russell has attitude, love it!

I'm new to ASOIAF. First came across it when George R.R. Martin mentioned how much he hated the Lost finale. Since I was a former Lost fan and equally hated the ending, I took notice and after reading more of what Martin had to say, I decided to watch the first episode of A Game of Thrones last week. Being a fan of history and fantasy, I like it already. I'm happy to find this active forum to read and discuss the show and books.

Welcome! Definitely watch out for book spoilers if you're still reading, and hope you find the Still Reading discussion forums if you want to talk about the books while you read them.

Hello. :D

I finished the books back in February, so I've been reading the board for awhile now and learned quite a bit that I just didn't see on the first read. :stunned:

So thank you all.

And I have to say as a board moderator in another fandom, I really like the way things are done around here!

Alright, step 1: sucking up to the powers that be, mission complete! :thumbsup:

Hi!

I'm new to this forum, even though I've read the series "A song of Ice and Fire" since the first book "A game of thrones" was released.

I will go by my virtual name Rakosor because it's easier to remember and pronounce than my actual name. I'm from Sweden, the land of the Viknings.

I just hope to find people to discuss the book and ideas with. I hope everyone follows George RR. Martins live blogg on:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/

Nice to meet you!

Welcome brocklaser and Rakosor,

brock, try staying away from the spoiler threads, regardless of how tempting they may seem. Spoilers are like a drug - one taste and you may be hooked for life. Also, enjoy tonight's episode3 of the TV series ;).

Rakosor, too bad you didn't find the board sooner, you missed on a lot of fun moments and threads, but it's never late to catch up.