Introductions

Ran

hey :D

my name's jan, and as i'm just now introducing myself, i guess its fairly obvious to you all that i'm new ;) lol

i'm absolutely blown away by the 'song of ice and fire' books, and mr martin is my new favorite author!

thought it was about time i found somewhere where i could talk about the books, and the tv show, as my fiance is sick and tired of hearing about them lol

anyway, look forward to meeting you all

jan x x x

Welcome, Jan.

Soon you will love this place more than Steven Gerrard loves Phil Collins.

lol @steven gerrard loves phil collins..

steven can love/listen to, anyone he wants, as long as he's back on the pitch, making and scoring goals, as soon as!!!! lol ;)

thanks for the welcome :D i'm sure i'll love this place 'plenty', in no time at all!

Olá!

My names Leo.

I like smiley faces, finger painting and fondue.

I hate everything else :thumbsup:

adiós!

Welcome. So, do you combine these interests by finger-painting cheese smiley faces? If not, I am unsatisfied with this introduction.

Sup. Been lurking for years. Jumping in.

Fave Book: A Storm Of Swords

Fave Male Character: Tyrion Lannister

Fave Female Character: Yo Mama *jk* Lysa Arryn (coz she's a whacko :leer: )

On Who Should Occupy The Iron Throne: Stannis Baratheon

On The Disturbing Amount Of Canine Slaughter In ASoIaF: It's wrong, yo. :thumbsdown:

On Who Will Be Left Standing: Tyrion, Cersei, Arya, Jon, Damphair and some of the hardier rats of King's Landing.

NB If I'm wrong about any of those people and you know this, I would prefer remain ignorant to my folly for now. Thanks.

Edited by DecoyRunner

Sup. Been lurking for years. Jumping in.

hey decoy :)

so is lurking a job? a hobby? ;) lol

nice to meet you :)

Olá!

My names Leo.

I like smiley faces, finger painting and fondue.

I hate everything else :thumbsup:

adiós!

hi leo :)

did u just copy and paste your 'match.com' advert into that message ;) lol

hello and welcome, nice to meet you :)

new here myself, everyone seems nice and friendly!

Welcome. So, do you combine these interests by finger-painting cheese smiley faces? If not, I am unsatisfied with this introduction.

hi kat :)

lol finger painting with cheese lol i shudder at the thought!!!

nice to meet you too :)

Greetings all!

I live in Alberta Canada and I am a huge fan of the Ice and Fire series. I actually have not read one page from the books as I started to lose my vision in 2003. I am not completely blind but I am unable to read text for long period of time due to strain. So, I listen to audiobooks. Thrones was my first purchase and soon I had all of the series and almost every other book published of George\s writing. I happily own an autographed hardcover of Tuf Voyaging.

I have listened to the 4 books in the series over 15X, some sections more. George is my all time favorite author, I am also very fond of Lois McMaster Bujold, Jack Vance, Arthur C Clarke and John Heledman to name a few! I have listened to over 500 books in the last 3 years, and actually detested having to read when I was younger.

Nice to meet you all and look forward to chatting!

Hi All,

I live in Namibia and am big fan of George RR Martin. Was introduced to a song of ice and fire about 4 years ago and been recommending it ever since usually to the blank stares from non sci-fi/fantasy readers. They dont know what they are missing. oh well. I am very excited about the series and cant contain my humble opinion on the series.

Favorite character: Tyrion and Jaime Lannister! and Jon Snow of course

Hi another newbie here. I haven't read the books and I only saw one episode of the tv show so I am really, really new. I missed the first two episodes. I saw the trailer and I've been a Sean Bean fan for as long as I can remember (since childhood I think) so I thought I'd see what it's all about.

Nice to meet you!

Hi, Lady Midnight, and welcome!

I'm sure you've picked this up already from seeing other posts here, but be very, very careful if you don't want to be spoiled on what's going to happen. The only places that are guaranteed to be spoiler-free will be the TV forums, and even there it'll only be threads marked [No Spoilers]. Anywhere else is liable to have spoilers, even stuff that isn't explicitly marked, or is a general topic.

Hi, my name is Anthony. I've been lurking on the forums for about 3 years now. I don't post much, but read the forums frequently because of all the little easter eggs and crackpot theories everyone could hatch.

I figured it'd be fun to become more involved with the community, so I decided to start posting around a bit to hopefully find my niche.