Introductions

Ran

Greetings!

I am a refugee from the "Game of Thrones" IMDB page because I am tired of walking around eggshells when it came to book spoilers. Someone suggested this site's message boards, so I came here.

In 2007, I found a beat up copy of Game of Thrones in a used bookstore. I was going on a crosscountry bus trip and wanted something hefty to read. I finished it in three days. I gobbled up the subsequent three books in a little over a month.

I currently am re-reading the series in anticipation for ADWD. I am about 2/3rd the way through Storm of Swords. The Red Wedding section still creeps me out.

Registered a while ago but didn't really start posting. I have serious lurkerism!

My name is taal, I live in Japan and I have been a fan of the books for years. I've followed the development of the series since before it was greenlit, so it's about time I started contributing on here more regularly.

I have a mild obsession with rabbits and my fav character is Arya ('is there gold in the village?'). Not sure what else you need to know!

Anyway, howdy.

Howdy guys!

I read the series for the first time back in 2007 and am currently on my third full re-read to prep for ADwD. I've lurked here a while reading the series general board (which by the way, enlightened me to a ton of things that I never picked up - Renly/Loras, R+L=J, just about ever symbol in the house of the undying), but just made an account recently to talk about the HBO show. I figured it was time to finally scroll down and check out the non-book-related sections of the message board!

Hello

My name is Laura and I live in Manchester with my Husband Stephen, Daughter Alex (9) and son Beren (7) and our 12 Northern Inuit 'Direwolves' lol

We are loving GoT's. I had never heard of the books before, even tho members of my family have read them all and know full well my love of this style and of wolves grrrrr I have almost finished book 1 and have book 2 ready. We also won the GoT's Sky Atlantic Facebook comp so have a fab 37in samsung and free sky to happily watch it all lol

We ahve allowed our 9 year old daughter to watch as she had seen the adverts and was getting excited and we thought it unfair. So we sky plus recorded it so she could watch after school on a Tuesday. She has been total enthralled with everything and now wants to learn sword play. After all, she has a pack of Direwolves of her own and loves Arya. She is a very sensible girl and has understood everything going on.

Hello everyone!

I'm scotcat. I started watching the tv series and discovered this forum. After lurking for a few weeks, I finally decided to take the plunge and join the forum.

I've only read the first book in the series, but I loved it and can't wait for the other books to be delivered.

Greetings all, Honerable warden for wombats, hope your well stubs,

well sighned up a wile ago been spendinga bit of time in the artic thus the lack of wall posts/threads...... great to be here thanks for having me im here till i die :P

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum, though I have been lurking here for the past few weeks.

I had never heard of the books before the HBO series. I had not even heard of the series until I stumbled across a promo image of Sean Bean sitting on the Iron Throne. The image of the throne itself had me instantly intrigued. It looks so fantastic! I had never seen anything like it before - it was truly cool!

So I decided to check out the show. Originally the first few episodes were confusing but I enjoyed the production value so much, and also I liked where I *thought* the show might be heading. In between that time and now, I have done more research to the show, the lore behind it from the novels and have become quite enamored with the entire world.

I am by no means an avid reader. I do not read novels, I read few as a kid, but I could probably count them all on one hand. There have been times in the past where I tried to get into a book but I just can't seem to get through it. With each week that passed between episodes I found myself more and more intrigued. So I found the wiki here on Westeros.org to be invaluable. Reading about the past and futures of these characters had me so excited I didn't want to wait for the next episodes, let alone next seasons, so I decided to go out and purchase Game of Thrones - the novel.

Wow. Remember I said I was not a reader? That seems to have changed! I am well over half way through the book which admittedly seemed very daunting upon first glance but I decided to give it a try. Again, I have found the Westeros.org wiki to be a great companion to the reading, and I applaud everyone who was involved in compiling the information.

Thanks for having me! I look forward to chatting with you all!

Sincerely,

-Chris (Baratheon)

Edited by Baratheon

Hello I am new here.

Not read the books but I've discovered it is near impossible to avoid spoilers for the show online, so once season 1 ends I think I probably will read all of the books.

greetings everyone i am new to the forum

I have also not followed the books but plan to do so very soon. As well as Game of thrones i watch Boardwalk Empire, The Walking dead, The Vampire Dairies & Camelot.... Obviously Game of thrones is my favourite show though :thumbsup:

Edited by The Ranger

Hello! My name is Kelly, I live in Kansas City via Redondo Beach, CA. I am obsessed with having super powers and eating. I dated a white rapper for 4 years and am now an expert in bullshit. This past winter I spent a whole day with a waffle fry stuck to my beenie. Twice this month I have been caught licking melted icecream off my chest at a stoplight. I hate when people dont cross the street in a straight line. Watched episode 1 while my Dad was in town, nothing screams family tv night like incest and attempted murder! twitter.com/willwrk4njapwrs

Hello - new here.

Name's Andy (not a surprise, given my username ...), I'm British, and living in Oxfordshire. Have been in the RAF for 16 years, and have been reading ASoIAF for 12 of those.

I'm very much enjoying the TV series. Um. That's about it for now, I guess.

Hello all :)

I've been reading ASoIaF since ~2006 and have recently got my husband addicted as well (I feel so proud of myself).

I'm a city girl trying to adjust to life on the farm, and am mom to 2 rescued Great Pyrenees. I love reading everyone's comments and speculations and finally decided to join up!

Edited by Emyn Grey