Introductions

Ran

Hello!

Im brand new to this land. I'm one of those people who didn't know ASOIAF existed until I saw the first episode of TV show called Game of Thrones. I loved it so I did a little research and read the first book in a weekend, followed by the others in the space of a few weeks.

Now I'm a fan!

;)

Ah I missed this one:

Hello, I'm quite new here.

I've read ASoIaF only once but I'm planning to read it again now that the excellent TV show recandeled my love for Martin's work.

I live in Italy (guess where...) and my passions include martial arts, bodybuilding, books and most of all cooking, which I'm quite good at!

Hi! I'm a new reader of the books, who became aware of this great series thanks in large part to the show. I'm currently working through AFFC, and I hope to be finished in time to stand in line outside a book store to buy ADwD.

I was a huge Lost fan, so on a Lost forum I was Sayidfan33, commonly called SF. I love Syrio Forel, and I thus chose SyrioForel33 as my username so I can have the same initials. My real life name is Luis, and I am a student in college.

I hope to get to know the lot of you real well! ASOIAF has become my new addiction, and I'm looking for likeminded fans to talk about the show with. And btw I respect the hell out of all of you who have waited for the new book for five years. :o

My favorite characters are Tyrion and Jaime btw, despite the fact that I hate Lannisters. :)

Hey guys i am clarky i'm pretty new to asoiaf series although i love story like this i have watched all the episodes aired in the uk and i have ordered the books and can't wait to stick my nose in them haha anyway this post was just to say hey :)

Edited by Clarky

Hello everybody. By now I'm sure some of you already know me from other places on the net where ASOIAF is discussed. I use the same username on IMDB, and post replies at winter-is-coming.net under my actual name, Josh Parker.

I'm new to this board, but not at all to ASOIAF. I've read the books 3 times, I've seen every episode of the show and I follow the boards pretty closely. It took me a while to get to this board but I've realized that discussing it on the IMDB with all the trolls and non-readers really is counter-productive.

Hi! Obviously, I'm new here. :cool4:

I first got interested in GoT when I read about Sean Bean being in the HBO Series. I'm a huge fan of Sean's and checked out the book last summer. I loved it, then watched the series and of course, laughed a bit when I found out Sean's fate (so like him!)

Then I found out that Martin hadn't finished the series and I have to say, I then decided to stop reading. I couldn't imagine myself getting immersed in 4-5 books, only to not know the ending. And what if Martin takes another 6 years between books? :ohwell:

But two days ago, I couldn't stand it anymore and I bought Clash of Kings and devoured 300 pages yesterday.

I'm hoping/gambling that HBO would never have agreed to do this if Martin hadn't told them he knew the ending. I cannot imagine how you guys must have felt waiting and waiting for Martin to write DoD... I just hope he doesn't take as long with books 6 and 7.

Anyway, I haven't joined a forum in a long time, but I wanted to find a place to talk about the books. :read:

Hello,

New here, I did not know of asoiaf until the show came out, huge Sean Bean and Peter Dinklage fan. I have always been into fantasy, so once I saw the first episode I went straight the the nearest book store and bought all four books. I have now completed all four, as I could not allow the show to be ahead of me, and I cannot wait for July 12 to continue the adventure. I have been looking for every bit of information I can find about the story, which brought me here. I have been reading other posts that interest me for the last couple of weeks and finally signed on as a member the other day. I look forward to conversating with many of you and the illumination that will surely follow. Until then...

Hi! Here's one more new member brought by the HBO series - although not in the strict sense.

I first read A Song of Ice and Fire some five years ago and I remember I liked it a lot, but it didn't become a favourite. Being a major fan of epic fantasy, the news of HBO's series made me really excited, especially when I heard it would be starring Sean Bean (and Jennifer Ehle who later dropped out though). After only the first episode I was ready to proclaim it the best TV series ever and better than the book. Fortunately, I got obsessed enough to reread the books and now I have to say I was wrong - they are even better than the awesome HBO series. Martin's writing seriously blew my mind on the second time and I now consider him among my favouritest (fantasy) writers alongside with Tolkien, Le Guin, Hobb and Kay.

Anyway, I'm here to discuss the books and the series, mostly because all my RL friends who are into Martin at all have either read the books ages ago and don't remember anything, or have only started reading after being inspired by the HBO series. Having stalked a bit, I have to say I now have my greedy eyes on the Blood of Dragons mush too...

Hello Everyone,

New poster who got into the series late last year, watched the first season, Loved it, and thought I would Finally come into the Westeros boards and check it out.

Cheers.

Welcome.

I also want to take this opportunity to express my jealousy of those, like you, who came to the series only recently. You only have to wait a few weeks for the next book, we've been waiting years and years! Lucky!

Hi everyone!!

My name is Gaby, I'm from Mexico.

I got to know the ASOIAF series through the HBO series which I must say really blow me away! Hope you guys don't mind I'm such s recent fan of GRRM's amazing universe, better late than never, right? and I'm so glad I got to know it!

Sadly the books aren't available here (hope that changes soon now that show is being aired here) but I have manage to get the books and I've just started "A Clash of Kings"

And well, I hope I can make some new friends here, I'm not that used to be in forums or so, but feel free to send me a message or something, it's always great to meet new people and make friends who share your love for something!

Greetings to all!!

Hi, y'all. :) I've been lurking here for a while now, and I decided to finally join. I'm originally from Kansas, now live in Arkansas, and am pretty much a big nerd.

I first read AGoT and ACoK back in 2000, and I read ASoS early in 2001. It was actually the first newly-published fantasy hardback I ever bought. I fell off the ASoIaF wagon after GRRM split volume 4, but I recently got back into it, finally read AFfC after five years (finished it four days ago), and have been watching the show religiously.

Y'all have an awesome community, and I'm glad to be here.

Hello,

obviously another new guy here (why else would one post in the introduction thread). I started reading the books when A Feast for Crows was released and I had to spent quite some time in the hospital. While I finished the books quickly (there is not really much else to do in the hospital than to read) I was relieved to see that in a note at the end of the last Book Martin wrote that the next book would be released within a year or so (I guess everyone knows how that worked out).

I avoided fan-sites and communities for ASOIAF until recently, out of fear to be spoiled as several chapters had already been released to my knowledge and I was worried about resisting the temptation of reading them. Now that the release is almost here that point becomes far less worrying.

I would also like to excuse myself for two things in advance. For one English is not my mother-language and while I try to keep my post as readable as possible I am certain there will be fare more mistakes than I would like. Also I am simply not very good with...people. You might call me social inept (though I honestly don't know if that is the right the term) but apparently I am very good at annoying other people due my sheer presence and behavior. I'll do my best not to be a pain in the backsides of everyone else here but would prefer to apologize in advance regardless for those instances where I might fail to archive to this.