Introductions

Ran

Hey all,

Long time lurker finally getting around to posting. Just so much excitement with Dance finally coming out, and the HBO series, I am feeling the need to talk! I'm a 27 years old, working on a second university degree (my first degree, while awesome and interesting, is fully useless), I tend towards the nerdy side without the social awkwardness, and that's about it.

I read Game of Thrones when I was 13, before Clash of Kings came out, so I am a long time reader. I've reread them so many times I've lost track (just finished a complete reread this past week ... might do another before Dance comes out ... I'm a fast reader).

I'm ridiculously jealous of everyone who got into the series recently because of the show, because they won't have the long waits that the rest of us are accustomed to! I realized the other day that GRRM can't take so long for the rest of the series now, if the show continues. He's got, what, five years? to finish the next two, assuming roughly one book per season, before they'd be getting filmed. That is amazeballs.

jozio

Hi!

I'm a new fan from Sussex, England, on the way to becomming obsessive! I love the TV series, and also about a third of the way through A Clash of Kings. Favourite characters so far are Dany, Tyrion and Arya.

I'm also rather in love with Emilia Clarke! :D

Hi,

New to this site but not the books. Read them a few years ago but with Dance coming out some I've been re-reading them and looking online for information. Its been nice to confirm, or at least find support, for some of my suspicions.

Haven't seen the any of the HBO series yet but can't wait for the DVDs to come out.

I've actually been posting for about a week now, but I probably should have introduced myself first. Sorry, this is the first forum I have been on in a really long time.

But anyway, I'm just so obsessed with these books and the tv show that I had to talk about it with somebody. I started reading aGoT late last year, and since I knew that the new book was coming out sometime in 2011, I took my time, and read other stuff in between these books. However, I finished Feast for Crows a couple of weeks ago, and can't wait for Dance with Dragons.

I'm from Florida, I watch a lot of tv and movies, I read a lot, I just turned 20 the other day, and that's about it.

Hi all,

I used to be able to keep my excited mutterings about the books to those in my family. Then I found out a friend at work read them when I gushed about the new TV series. This, sadly, has led me to become a little obsessive and having a need to seek out more people who read the books. It's a sad geek cycle I'm sure we've all come to know and appreciate. Reading GRRM's blog just wasn't enough any more. :D

Favourite characters would be Tyrion, Arya, Jaime and oddly enough, I actually have a soft spot for Theon, which I think is more because it's like watching a train wreck. I seem to get a lot of weird looks when I mention that.

I'm currently in Australia and am spending my spare time working out if I can justify the costs of a flight to Germany to get the next book earlier. I could read it all on the flight home. I wish I had the income. I suppose I'll have to fill the time with rereading.

This used to be the old ezboard, right? I tried to find it, only found this, tried to register, and found I already was... so hello again!

Some may remember me (and my then rather crappy artwork, which nevertheless made it into the Artbook somehow though I was bashed for it in places). I certainly remember a few of the old crowd's names. :)

The HBO series has brought me out of hiding again, and has already resulted in a bit more artwork... I hope there'll be more. But mostly, I could use a memory refresher of the previous books in preparation for ADwD, so I hope to pick something up again here. ^^

*waves*

Oh, and lest I forget - what forum would artwork go to? I think I used to post in "Objects", or would any of the other subforums be more appropriate?

Edited by GoldSeven

Hey, all!

I've been a fan of ASoIaF ever since I was 11 when I picked up A Game of Thrones from the library. I'm 17 now, and I really can't wait for the release of A Dance with Dragons. I have to say, I absolutely adore Tyrion (Oh God, Tyrion <3), Jon, Dany, Bran (*hinthint Screen Name) and even Jaime is starting to grow on me.

I also love to watch re-runs of Frasier and Friends, and I love the Office (US) and a manga/anime/webcomic-thing called Axis Powers: Hetalia (Don't worry, I'm not one of those crazy fans you may have heard about). I'm also trying to learn Spanish and German.

Winged Wolf

Welcome again, Flit (having already noted your arrival in the Aussies thread)!

Gold Seven - Welcome Back! I remember your stuff from the ezboard days. :)

And to Moonshine and the Winged Wolf, have fun and enjoy the place. :thumbsup:

Hello all,

I recently fell in love with this series cause of the HBO show. My name is Devan and so is Davos Seaworth's son is named Devan, I think squire to Stannis still. I hope to have a nice stay here on this board.

My absolutely favorite character in this series is Jon Snow, I might shed a tear if he dies. It used to be Robb Stark until the red wedding. Now I despise the whole Frey family.

Thank You

I'm Jeff, known more as "Jag" to shorten my screen name. Which is just my First Initial, Second initial and the first four of last name. I've been told that people think I'm a spam-bot just from my screen name.

I like to read books... Obviously.

Uhm, from Newcastle, Wyoming. Hunt, Fish, Camp... etc.

I play Mafia on a few forums, see you guys have it here too, but yours seems different, I'll have to watch a game or two.

Hello there.

I'm one of those noobs who found out about the series through the tv show, and have become quite fond of the books in a short amount of time. Aside from ASOIAF, I enjoy playing and listening to music, making things explode, and generally being a dikfor on the internet. I'm also fond of women, especially those with awesome breasts.

That's about it.

Howdy all got turned on to this series by HBO. Obviously read the books and don't have any specific genre that I favor. A good book is a good book, although as a general rule I despise Charles Dickens.

Other than that I am active on a couple of other forum and enjoy cigars, bourbon and sports.

I might as well jump in here. I've been a fan for 10+years after coming across the 1st book in the public library back in South Africa. Since then I've devoured all the books and the short stories about Egg and Dunk.

I tend to have a good laugh when friends recommend "A Game of Thrones" to me after they've read it because they enjoyed the tv series. All I do is show then my signed copy...

Okay it's mean I know, but their reactions tend to be priceless.

Hello! So, I had never even heard of GoT, but I ordered HBO so I could watch the new season of TB...and I'm pretty sure the GoT came on the next day, and i watched it, and I was hooked.

Seriously though, I love the fantasy books...SoT,WoT, even the Belgariad and the Xanth series...but I had never heard of this series...now, after about a month, I'm on the 3rd book, racing through as fast as I can...

Anyways, that's my story. Cheers! :D

Hi!

I decided to join after lurking here for a few weeks. I just finished my reread of ASOIAF in preparation of ADWD. I can't wait! I've managed to stay strong and not look at any spoilers but it has been hard.

I am a big SFF fan and I like long walks along the beach. Seriously, what does one say in these intro posts. <_<

Hope to get to know you guys soon!