Introductions

Ran

Hi, i'm new here. I wanted to pick a username with a asoiaf ring to it, not sure why since my nickname is actually Rix and that would have done well enough. Call me whatever :)

I came to the books after watching the series, i actually thought the adverts for the TV series looked utter crap and only set to record them on a whim (i thought Jon Snow, with his black hair and clothes, was going to be the stereotypical bad guy). It took me a month to sit down and watch the episodes i had, and only then because i was off from work ill and was bored out of my mind.

I ended up watching them all back-to-back and when the four episodes were over i went online to immediately buy the first book.

I'm a few chapters shy of finishing adwd, but i don't mind spoilers. I actually went on Wiki to read up about what happens in the book when i was only half way through, since i wasn't patient enough to wait and read.

So this is long enough already lol, I'll leave it at that. I may not post much the next few days because i want to have a look round and read what's already here. I just saw the site and signed straight up.

I have already posted something, but I suppose it's better for me to introduce myself here...

Hi, my real name is Elena, I'm 27, I live in Italy, I'm studying languages and looking for a job (that's sadly becoming my real job). I ADORE A song of ice and fire and I find that George Martin writes exquisitely. I've been occasionally lurking into westeros.org and now here I am :)

Hi folks, another newbie fan here drawn in by the tv series. I read GOT when the series ended and promised myself I'd hold off on the other books until each had been televised. Of course, I cracked within a few weeks and devoured the rest of the books in short order. Now I'm more obsessed with ASOIAF than I have been with anything in years. Love reading the forums, some fascinating theories there.

Hello Everyone! My name is Angela,but people call me Angie. I just finished this amazing series a few days ago, and now thinking of re-reading them. I really loved them.

I live in NJ, happily married, and enjoy traveling, reading, watching NFL ( GO GIANTS!).

:)

-Been here a few months firing off silly and inane posts from time to time but never took the time to look for the intro page. Better late than never I suppose.

-I first read Game of Thrones a year after it had come out and have been a staunch supporter of the series ever since. 4th re-read, now that I think about it.

-Fantasy and sci-fi are my main genre choices.

-USA.

-Love this forum, good venting ground for all my crack pot theories and jokes about the series.

-Rev.

Hey everybody,

My name is Jay, I'm from Kingston, Jamaica and like a lot of the new people here I started reading GoT after the first couple episodes of the HBO series aired and I quickly became addicted. I finished ADWD last week and now I'm bummed that I'll have to wait another 5 or 6 years for book 6. Let's hope it doesn't take that long :P

ASOIAF has quickly replaced The Hitchhiker's Guide as my favorite series of novels, which I never though possible, but I don't think I've ever enjoyed a series of books this much.

There seems to be an overwhelming amount of content on these boards regarding reader's theories about what's to come, but I'm looking forward to reading through what I can.

Also looking forward to starting my second read through of the novels after I finish Abercrombie's 'First Law' trilogy. Well technically my first 'read' through, I listened to the audiobooks first time through to keep me sane at work :P

Hello all! Yes, a newbie here, and NO, I did not discover ASOIAF because of the TV show. I found out about the books about a year ago, and found them awesome! After finishing Feast, I kinda just read a little of this and that till Dance’s release date came out. Finished Dance in about five days, then I really wanted to disscuss it, and found out about these cool forums (so yea, I’m not really a noob to the books, just the forums).

Hmm… about me. From USA. In a few months I’ll be 18 (yea, pretty young). I found fantasy really cool since I was about 14 (with the Dragonlance series), and have read a lot of titles. ASOIAF is by far the best series (with the possible exception of Tolkien, which was also awesome). So, yea, I guess I’ll be sticking around here for a while. By the way, if anyone could suggest any other fantasy serieses for me to read while waiting for Winds, I’ll appreciate it. I was looking into Hobb, Erikson, Donaldson, Feist, White, and Williams but don’t know what to choose (yea, kinda indecisive). And if anyone wants to introduce me to any other things, appreciate it.

And if anyone is wondering, yes, Arthur Dayne is the most badass character in the whole series (Wyman Manderley, Davos, and The Hound come in pretty close though)

Hi! I'm Mimi, I'm 20 and from the UK. I started reading the books at the same time as watching the HBO series...I saw the first episode and loved it so much that I thought the books had to be just as awesome. So I picked up GOT and synchronised my reading/watching and then bought and read all the other books straight after.

A lot of respect for all of you who had to wait ages between books!

So when I finished ADWD I had so many questions that I googled it and ended up here :D