Introductions

Ran

Hi! I'm Mimi, I'm 20 and from the UK. I started reading the books at the same time as watching the HBO series...I saw the first episode and loved it so much that I thought the books had to be just as awesome. So I picked up GOT and synchronised my reading/watching and then bought and read all the other books straight after.

A lot of respect for all of you who had to wait ages between books!

So when I finished ADWD I had so many questions that I googled it and ended up here :D

Welcome to the board, Mimi. Hope some of your questions are answered. :)

I didn't see this sooner...

Alright, then, I'm Mariana (most call me Mari), I'm 25, and I'm from Virginia. Love the books, though I'm not done, loved the first season of the show too (of course, I'm sure everyone here likes one or the other, or both as well).

On that note, hello all! Happy to be here!

Although I've semi-introduced myself already I haven't offically done it in this thread!

I'm Elise :) 22 from Sydney, Australia. I've just started reading Game of Thrones and will begin watching the show tonight for the first time. You might not see me around much until I've at least finished the first book or the first season of the show so I can avoid spoilers.

But I look forward to getting to know everyone and chatting about this book/tv series :)

greeting

i am daenerys snow. i admit, i started reading the series because of the television series. (which i have still not seen). i have this policy to read the book first then see the movie/tv show. that's how i approached the lord of the rings and why i have not seen any of the harry potter flicks yet.

i am fairly new to fantasy but have been sci-fi fan for most of my life.

*stands up in front of group* i am daenerys s and i am a trekkie. *sits down*

my other interests are anime/manga, video games, reading, knitting, baking, playing with photoshop.

and i love cats. and i am a mac fangirl.

that is all i can think of to say at this time.

Edited by daenerys snow

Hello! I'm Insectile...I've lurked the forums for a few months before joining, then lurked a little longer before actually deciding to introduce myself. I mostly keep to myself on forums.

HBO got me hooked to the series. Actually, what really did it was the show's opening with the gorgeous map and music. I loove maps, especially fantasy maps, and all those places looked so interesting. The opening made me instantly curious about the landscape, people, cultures, history, everything. I watched the first episode, and ordered the books online the next day. I've read them all by now, and they've exceeded my expectations :)

Some of my other favorite reads are Jim Butcher's Dresden Files and Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I'm also a huge Star Trek: Deep Space 9 fan. I like other Trek series, especially TNG, but not nearly as much as I love DS9. I've probably watched the series 10 times all the way through, and if there's nothing on tv late at night when I can't sleep, I usually stick a random DS9 DVD in the player.

Aside from books and tv, I'm a 24 year old female living in Pennsylvania with my boyfriend of two years. I love cats, and until recently we had two. Unfortunately, Dax passed away on Tuesday. Our other cat is a fluffy old Maine Coon named Marshmallow who likes to help me out by catching spiders and eating them.

That's it! Nice to meet you.

Hi

I'm Summer - new fan and new Mom. These books were my only relief and mental

escape from my beautiful liitle one that used to cry and scream like 8 hours a day! I would only get like 3 or 4 hours of sleep every night but I would always spend an hour pouring over my books. I'm hoping to do a re-read soon and start with The Hedge Knight. I love these books and the show - and am so happy to be part of this site!

Hello!

Yet another newcomer drawn in by the fantastic HBO series. I have started reading the books aswell and I'm currently reading A storm of swords.

My name is Bo, I'm 22 and I live in the Netherlands. If there is anything you feel you need to know do feel free to ask...

Cheers

Oops! I posted in another thread, asking where to go for introductions and finally found this thread!

I'm a 40 yr. old executive who'd rather be baking for a living, a single mother and avid television/movie watcher and reader who lives in one of the hottest southern states in America. And I'm VERY happy to be here and to meet all of you!

I was an avid participant on a forum during LOST and this is the first time since then that I want to talk and think about a story ALL the time.

I was late watching season 1. I'd never heard of this book series, didn't even know it WAS a series and a friend sent me a txt raving about GOT on HBO. I had just moved to a new state, new job, totally new EVERYTHING and was so depressed and overwhelmed and dying for an escape. I definitely found it! I was fortunate to watch all 10 episodes (the first 5 one day, the second half the next) quickly and I'll never forget my existence during the first 10 minutes of episode one. I'd watched all off The Tudors, Pillars of The Earth, and The Borgias so had assumed I was about to see a new historical type period series (and I'd read about a contestant on Miss America saying she was a history buff and loved "Game Of Thrones" :cool4: ). The first thing I noticed was the scenery and camera work. I was mesmorized instantly. Then....zombies? And they were creepy and even kinda scary! I felt my eyes widening and literally said to myself, "what the f*ck IS this?" Then....the music and the opening credits. W O W. I sent my friend a txt, saying "You didn't tell me what I was getting into!" She said, "Just wait......."

As with all things, when I'm affected by something emotionally I research it. I found the book series, read about George, couldn't believe he just started these books several years ago and that the story wasn't even finished, read all about the cast, could NOT believe that most of the cast was fresh out of drama school, and lastly, bought and downloaded the book to my NookColor and started reading. I finished it in a few days and watched the show again. THEN my 12 year old daughter returned from summer camp and I told her all about my new find and she watched it with me, absorbing the story (skipping the sex scenes). She's a brilliant young girl, is a voracious reader and it was so cool to discuss the story with her throughout the summer. She finished book one and now we're both reading Clash Of Kings. I've been spoiled to a few details from reading all the Wikis about the different houses and Martin's blog and website but in this case, we've decided that spoilage isn't the end of the world. :)

I'm eager to get to know all of you and to learn as much as possible about this story! I welcome any and all comments, questions, PM's, etc. :)

So...last night I watched the Comic-con panel on Youtube and finally ended up here! I think this is one of the most amazing stories I've ever read a very very special one at that.

Hello,

I am a one of the many people who got dragged into this series of books by the quality of the HBO tv series. I was looking for a book series that was epic in scope after feeling out on a limb after finishing Stephen Kings Dark Tower series.

I am currently about 80 pages from the end of A Storm of Swords: Part 2. I am based in the UK and i am eagerly awaiting to see how the 2nd TV season/series turns out.

I have always enjoyed Fantasy/Science/Horror fiction and i love how engrossed i have become in this series and the way GRRM orchestrates events like a master gameplayer.

So i will see you around the boards.

Jez

Hi! I joined this forum a few weeks ago hoping to read up and eventually post about Game of Thrones and A Song of Ice and Fire. I got introduced from the TV show and I'm slowly reading through the first book now. I've been loving the discussions here so far and hope to be able to participate soon. :)

I'm Verboten because I thought it sounded cool. I live in Winnipeg (which is in Canada for those who don't know) and am studying law, history and whatever else I can cram in there during my first year. I like the books, and the forum seemed interesting.