Introductions

Ran

Hello all! I'm Queen Regent (no Cersei isn't my fave, but that was the best name I could come up with!). I love ASOFAI... stumbled upon the HBO series and then was hooked. I'm about halfway through AFFC. Couldn't put the first 3 down, but am struggling a bit with this one. Hope the next one is better! I read at night right before bed, so I love coming to this site and seeing what I've missed. I only know two people IRL who have read the books, so I don't have anyone to really chat about it with! Glad I found this place!

I've been roaming around the forums for about two months now so I guess it's time I finally introduce myself :-P

Basics? My name is Kseniya, I'm from New York... Started reading the books after the HBO season ended, and finished ADWD about a month ago. Pretty hopelessly into the fandom now, and I'm loving it :D

Since I need to post in order to do anything with my profile, why not introduce myself? I have spent a good part of this year reading the series and just finished A Feast for Crows. My copy of a Dance with Dragons is due to arrive today so I'm really looking forward to continuing the saga. I feel like I sort of stumbled upon these books with HBO's help, of course. I've been a fan of HBO series and an avid reader so I decided to start a Game of Thrones so that I could read before watching. I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but I'm very glad I got into it. :laugh:

I'm a massage therapist in Salt Lake City where I own a private practice. Besides reading, I snowboard, ski, mountain bike, and go to music concerts in my free time. Yay!

I started by watching the HBO series, then read the five books as fast as possible. Now I'm looking for the Tales of Dunk and Egg. I wouldn't call myself a big fantasy fan, but I like A Song of Ice and Fire, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and Frank Frazetta's artwork including the animated film Fire and Ice.

I live in Brooklyn where I do not work. Soon I will be attending Graduate School.

Hi All,

I'd been a fantasy fan from years back with LoTR, the Belgariad/Mallorean by Eddings and numerous others. I'd stopped reading for at least 15 years due to my needing the time for real-life, and getting my genre fix from TV and movies. At Worldcon in Reno I got an inkling about what GoT was, even got to sit the Iron Throne, but didn't really pay attention until I hit the Brotherhood Without Banners room party when GRRM came by for a visit. Everyone'd been given an HBO major-house button randomly at the door; I drew the red lion, was told I was an evil bastard but didn't know what to make of it all. Shook hands with Mr. Martin and that was it until I got home and managed to find the TV series still available on-demand.

I had my doubts after episode 1 and even more after episode 2 (RIP Lady), but stuck with it for the next couple of days and was hooked. I began reading TWOP forums and others on just the television show but I soon had to make a decision: Would I stick with the TV series only and try to avoid ALL the spoilers or just Go For It, get the books and make the time. After getting back from Barnes and Noble the next day I began a journey in mid-September that didn't finish until Nov. 17th. I'm now in complete withdrawal. Other cold-turkey addicts get the D.Ts...I'm suffering from a lack of D.T. (Danearys Targaryan, that is :). So that's it. For probably four or five more frickin' years. I live in northern New Jersey and when I'm not trying to figure out plot twists and prophecies I'm blasting Morse Code through the ether on amateur radio and making Windows computers behave as well as possible.

Valar Dohaerus

Edited by Ser Osis of Liver

Hi!

I am a 23 year old norwegian girl. I started reading Game of Thrones after seeing an episode of the TV show. By now I have read all the books. I love the series and I have been reading this forum for a while, so I thought it would be fun to join.

I like Harry Potter, Naruto, The Big Bang Theory and other shows and games and books and stuff ;)

Hi. Sneaking around and stalking your forum really made boring hours of my job pass quicker and in huge amount of rofl-ing. :) I´m Elle, recently drowned in the world of ASOIAF. Right now I´m somewhere between Meereen and Braavos in ADWD, hoping I will have the book conquered tomorrow.

:)

hello! I'm also new. I'm actually not finished reading yet- still in A Feast For Crows- but I just couldn't wait until I finished to start fangirling because my sister and fiance, who have not read the books, are getting sick of hearing about them!

like others I started reading after the HBO series came out, so I'm glad to have found them, because I've been craving a good fantasy series. I'm actually listening on audio book so I can read and draw at once. I'm grad student studying animation- someday when I have some more free time I would like to animate some of my favorite scenes from the books, just for funsies!

Hi all! I only recently discovered this world of Ice and Fire thanks to HBO. But it was love at first sight! When I finished watching the series I became very twitchy wanting to know whats gonna happen next, so I bought myself the whole stack of books and began reading... I just recently finished with ADWD and now I sit twitching again! :)

I really enjoy reading through the forums and wikis because I tend to discover not only things I missed in the books, but also some interesting (and crazy) theories other readers have! I LOVIT!!

Hello hello.

I am from Finland, where the Winter is coming as I type. I've been lurking around this forum for about a year, and I have been pondering about creating an account so that if I sometimes would have something meaningful to write here, I could actually do so. Somehow, I just haven't got myself to do it - but I haven't got anything meaningful to write here sooner, either. Just the other day I got this weird flash in my head about Jon and Patchface connection, which I am sure I have not read here before, so it was time to create that account and blurt my insane theory out.

Because I live in middle of nowhere, I haven't got chance to see the TV-series so far, and I am anxiously waiting HBO to release the DVD.

Hello all!

I, like many others, discovered ASOIAF after watching & loving the recent HBO series A Game of Thrones and instantly went and read all the books back to back before finding this forum. Loved the books but reading the threads here shows just how much more then a simple fantasy series they are, with the threorys and history in the books, I plan on re-reading them in the next year (after the list of other books I have).

Anyway, Im from Kent and yes, I am a Pink Floyd fan (hense the username)

Hello there from Spain :) I've been stalking you guys for months now and I'm so happy to be here. I'm late to the party, started reading the books back in September, I'm about to start ADWD and I'm so excited cause well, I've missed my favorite character while reading AFFC, yeah, you guessed, I love Jon Snow haha!

Hello. I'm Steph, 24, and A Song of Ice and Fire has taken over my life since I discovered it over the summer. I've just finished A Feast for Crows, so now I'm taking a little break to re-read them before I wait for the paperback version of A Dance with Dragons to come out. I just hate hardbacks; they're a nightmare.

Favourite characters so far have to be Jon Snow, Cersei Lannister and Arya Stark.

Welcome The White Wolf of Winter, shensation. Serie, Ser Gei, Ser Pink of Floyd. Val the Wildling Princess, and Spartanette! Much like the Hotel California, you can check out any time you want but you can never leave. Enjoy your stay, make use of the search function as best you can, and be careful of spoiling in certain subforums.

Also, don't feed the General Chatters after midnight after calculating timezones.