Introductions

Ran

No Lama, many of the long time posters here are friends with George and consider speculation about his mortality to be rude in the extreme.

Long live the George! How does one become "friends with George?" I'm in love! I know, I know, everyone here is in love. Sigh. These were the first books in decades that kept me awake reading at night despite cumulative sleep deficits. And I'm a lit major, so I read. A lot. I'm a little sick and obsessed with them (the books), but I'm sure that will pass.

Hullo everyone! I'm Lanni. I live in the grand state of corn - otherwise known as Indiana. I've been stalking this place day and night ever since I finished A Dance with Dragons about two weeks ago. I'm hoping it will help with my utter depression over the next book not coming out for another twenty years. (Knock on wood, I swear!) I wanted to get on before, but was afraid of spoiling myself. I love to spoil myself on books, tv, and movies, but I tried very hard not to do it with this series and only did it a few times. I read about every thread before actually joining this place, but I needed to talk with people about this series other than my boss, so... Awesome.

Welcome all, have fun and don't be afraid of the people with lots of numbers under their names. Their like kittens :). Make sure you all enjoy all the site has to offer, including the kick ass Wiki the people here at Westeros have made :).

Hello all,

I have posted a few times on a couple of thread before I found this one, and figured I would introduce myself.

My name is Chris, and I currently reside in the midwest. I am an avid fantasy fiction reader who came to the aSoIaF series courtesy of season one of aGoT on HBO.

Needless to say, I was hooked from the opening scene beyond the Wall till the closing credits of the season finale. Soon thereafter I purchases books 1-4 of the series, devoured them, and just finished perusing the fifth on loan from the library.

I am looking forward to discussing a plethora of topics with everyone and expanding my grasp on GRRM's wonderful syntax (with your help, of course).

Hello everyone!

My name is Chris, currently hanging out somewhere in the middle of Germany.

I was totally impressed by the first three books of the series, and admire both the story and the writing style greatly. The fourth book felt vaguely out of line for me, and after reading some reviews, I haven't dared to start on ADwD yet. Soon. Probably...

Looking forward to reading more ASoIaF related here. :)

Hey All-

I got into the series via the HBO series. I didn't even know there were books until watching the first few episodes. I just saw the trailers on HBO and though it looked cool so I set up the Tivo.

Anywho - as of this post I have the first 4 books down and am about 4-5 chapters into ADwD.

My real name is Jeffrey - so I chose Joffrey as my user-name, not because I'm a fan of that character or anything. Should I be surprised it was not already taken?

Hi Everyone,

Thought it was only polite to stop lurking and introduce myself.

I was under the impression that I didn't really like fantasy literature until I picked up this series on the insistence of a friend. Needless to say with the help of her and the HBO series I was hooked and re-educated.

Little bit about myself: My name is Alice, I hail from south east England and I am only up to FoC but I am looking forward to devouring ADWD.

Hello all,

I've posted two times in one topic before I finally decided to introduce myself here. Well, what can I say, I've been interested the fantasy literature long before I discovered ASOIAF, or rather long before I was recommanded to read it by my cousin :) .

I'm from... Europe ;) . Apart from reading books, I've been writing one and I hope I'll finish it one day...

Hello Everyone,

I just finished reading the series and can't wait for the publication of the next book. I was excited to find this site so I can learn more about the series. I've read the books back to back whilst undergoing treatment for ovarian cancer and am now searching for more books to read. Nothing I've started since has grabbed me the way this series has. Thanks to George for making a difficult time better!

Cheers

Katie

Hi! I've been lurking for a while but decided to create an account today.

I'm a student from Australia and I got into the series through my friends obsessing over the tv show. Watched the first two episodes and was hooked, had the first book finished by the time the the seventh episode was out. I've now read all the released books and I've watched the show multiple times.

I've had a bit of trouble finding books that live up to ASOIAF so I'll probably start a re-read sometime soon.

Hope you're all having a lovely night,

Rachel

Edited by haunted

Seems like the thing to do, I've been lurking for a few months, since i decided to find out when ADwD was coming out. started reading the books before the HBO series, though they are one of the few book-to-screen adaptations that didn't destroy the original work IMO. My avatar should tell educated fantasy nuts (lke myself) what started me on my journey into ink-and-paper. Always looking for more theories, though with this many posts and my current schedule, there's no way I'll be able to read all of them. Here's to hoping TWoW comes out soon!

Austin

Hello Rachel,

I'm also from Australia. My husband and I live in rural Queensland over 3 hours south-west of Brisbane. I was studying psychology before I was diagnosed with cancer. I love this series and am feeling at a loss since I finished reading the books. It's nice to see a fellow Aussie on here.

Cheers

Katie

Hello All, Name is GreenGirl (or Tara) and only started reading the books after the series started on HBO ( I know, I apologize in advance, and REALLY wish I had found them BEFORE!!!) I had to read the books, and now am hooked. Anyone found anything about TWOW??? How could you have waited 6 years for the 5th book!?!? I got soo lucky, finished the 4th just as 5 was being released... very interested in exploring new avenues and hearing ideas on stuff I may have missed in my first read -- currently on my first Re-Read... can't get enough. Look forward to chatting!!!