Introductions

Ran

Actually you'll find that we have a not-insignificant Aussie fan contingent. They post among us almost as if they didn't live in a fictional upside-down place.

Too right.

Aussie n00bs are welcome to suss out this thread, which is where we are free to yak about barbies, what the pollies are up to, WA secession or all things Oz without the seppos or the poms poking their noses in (too often). ;)

However, there are no chook raffles.

Finally, my first post. :)

Hi!

My name is Mike, but I am known by many

aliases. For this place, I chose Revan. :) I don't

know if you know where it comes from - but I

hope you do. :)

I live in Romania, a country as of yet untouched

by fingers of ice and fire. :) But I have started

reading the books because a friend

recommended them. I was reluctant to start, but

once I did, it ensnared me as sure as any other

saga that I've read. :) I'm currently at book 3. I'm

listening to them actually, because I can't read

them on paper anymore - in fact I'm listening to

it right now. :) But these days, the Tour de

France has started, which cuts my daily listening

time almost in half. :)

I don't know how active I will be on this board. I know for sure that I will never be able to read

everything that has been posted so far - so I

would like to know where I should start and

where are the more important discussion points

at the moment - for a newbie at least. And of

course, I have what I'd like to call the "Fear of

the Newbie" - that is, to not repeat something

that's already been posted or asked.

If y'all would like to know more about me, please don't hesitate to ask. :) I hope I haven't taken too much of your time with this post.

NOOOO IM THE ONE AND ONLY REVAN!!!!

Hello all, I am John. I am a lover of this series, though not quite caught up.(Starting a feast for crows) My username is the result of boredom and love of House Clegane. I am really loving this series so far, looking forward to more.

Outside of a song of ice and fire, I am a writer, a reader, a lover of anime and hiking. I am very, very glad to be here, and it is good to know you all. I will see you all soon, fair well.

Hello, I'm hobbleit (or Jen) and I'm from England. I only discovered the series over the summer but I have quickly become addicted. I've just started A Storm of Swords and have just finished watching the first series of Game of Thrones. Can't believe I hadn't read the books earlier, they're amazing.

Hello all, my name is Cameron and I'm a SoIaF addict!!!

Humour aside, I conduct alot of charity work outside of the forums, which have taken me to Germany and The Ukraine in the 17 years of my life!

I am also, like many others here, a massive, MASSIVE fan of the books! My favourite house is House Baratheon, and my favourite character(s) are Stannis Baratheon, Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish, and Jon Snow!

Hopefully I won;t anger too many people on the forum, and I hope to make a few freinds along the way!

Hello everyone! My name is Sherlyn and I'm from a tiny island called Singapore. I started reading the series right after the show and have been madly obssessed with the books ever since. I honestly cannot believe you guys waited years for the books. Hopefully TWOW wouldn't take that long!

On a side note, any Singaporeans here? I don't think the show has aired here yet - I downloaded mine from the Internet (ahem).

Threedogknight, Akhipill, hobbleit, Lord Calway, EdricBaratheon and AwDA: Welcome to all of you! :)

Hope you enjoy the discussions!

AwDA, I’m not sure if there are any Singaporeans around – it may be that you are the first. :)

Hi everyone! I'm new here, but I've been lurking these boards for the past 2 years or so but was never brave enough to register. I'm a huge asoiaf fan! I started reading the series in high school but didn't find out about this board until I discovered that the tv show was in the works.

I'm 22 years old, born and raised in the areas surrounding D.C. and I'm just about to graduate college.

Nice to meet you all!

Btw, I tried to edit my profile but it said I wasn't allowed to so I'm confused as to how to set that up! Thanks!

Hi everyone!

My name is Svenja and I am from Altenburg (=Oldcastle :lol: ), Germany.

I stumbled upon the HBO Series and read all the books afterwards.(in English, the German translation sucks, big time!) I will finally receive my own set of books for christmas (hey, poor student has to save money^^), so I won´t have to rely on the crappy local library anymore. :thumbsup:.

I apalogize in advance for any abuse of the English language, but you can call yourselves lucky you won´t have to hear me, I could probably make your ears bleed with my accent :D.

Looking forward to many interesting discussions, anything to shorten the wait for TWOW!

Hi.

I bring snow.

Snow! Snow! Snow!

New to posting here, but a long time forum user (and thorough reader of this website and forum). I first read ASOIAF back in 2002 and have been hooked ever since. Read each book at least 5 times (with the exception of Dance which I still need to reread), and am simply obsessed with saying in a soft spoken, chilly voice, "Winter is coming..." (partly because I'm an avid snowboarder).

I do not like this forum because I can not embed text.

I am also a moderator on another forum, one which is much much more lax and "hands off" in terms of moderating. Just about anything goes over there, just about. I apologize in advance if I overstep any of your site boundaries as my posts will tend to be filled with extremely sarcastic witticisms. I'll try my best not to be offensive, but you have been forewarned.

Edited by BringerOfSnow

Welcome, Svenja.

There are many people on the board for whom English is not their first language, so I wouldn't worry too much about your language skills. In any case, your English seems pretty good to me.

Welcome, too, BringerOfSnow.

I think you will find that the moderation of this forum is actually pretty relaxed, so long as you follow the pretty intuitive rules of this place (stay away from personal attacks, insults, obscenities, etc.). Also, I think that you will eventually find that apologizing in advance is not nearly as effective as is blaming Pod for your transgressions after the fact.

Edited by nasrudin ascendant

Welcome, too, BringerOfSnow.

I think you will find that the moderation of this forum is actually pretty relaxed, so long as you follow the pretty intuitive rules of this place (stay away from personal attacks, insults, obscenities, etc.). Also, I think that you will eventually find that apologizing in advance is not nearly as effective as is blaming Pod for your transgressions after the fact.

Thank you.

Prematurely blame this "Pod" fellow for any of my potential future transgressions? Sounds easy enough. Easier than blaming Canada, after all.

Where I come from, obscenities, 'pwnings' and insults are welcome and encouraged, as they provide the additional laughs we all seek for in my 'Off Topic' community.

And no, I'm not talking about that stupid 4chan crap. Oops, did I just commit a cardinal sin? Forgive me. I blame Pod.

Hello everyone! I became a fan of this series just a few months ago, partly because of the TV series and partly because my sister was reading the books too =) I've lurked in these forums mostly, and only just now decided to create an account so I can take part in the discussions :P I haven't really read all of the books completely yet but I know the general storyline pretty well. My favourite characters are Bran, Sansa, Tyrion, and Arya, though that list might (or probably will) change as I read and reread the series.

Oh, and I'm from Canada if anyone was wondering...

Hi, new here (just joined a couple days ago)...only about 40% (reading on my Kindle so no page numbers...grr) through Clash of Kings...very happy with the series so far and the detail of characters, plot lines and interactions. Realize that I am hating the Ironborn and all they represent. Love the fact that no one in this series of books is 'perfect' and no one is totally 'evil' so it would seem...very refreshing.