Introductions

Ran

I never actually posted an introduction for myself.

Hi, I'm 18 years old. I graduated from High School last June. I'm currently bumming around. I will be joining the U.S. Airforce pretty soon as soon as I stop procrastinating and start doing things with my life. Um... I've always sort of liked books. I've always liked the English language in general.

Hmm.. I definitely like ASoIF. I guess that's a given. I recently read the currently released books of The Kingkiller Chronicles. I loved them. I'm currently reading the Assassin's Apprentice a part of the Farseer trilogy. It's pretty cool. I don't like it as much, so far, as much as I did of Kvothe's misadventures.

What else... I'm a bit of a computer geek. But, I balance it out (or try to). I've been in quite a few triathlons and marathons especially since graduation.

I don't know what I want to do with my life. In the short-term, as I mentioned above, I'm going to join the military. I plan on going to college (also, while in the military) but I don't know what I want to do career-wise. I don't know what I want to study. Computer engineering seems interesting. But, I'm not all that good or fond of math. Maybe I'll learn to like it as I get better at it. Maybe spend my academic years getting degrees in English? I don't exactly want to be poor, nor do I want to teach. Unless I write a novel that becomes successful I will most definitely be poor. Am I going to pull a Patrick Rothfuss and go to school for a decade-and-a-half? I hope not. I never really liked high school.

Anyways, this introduction has gotten way out of hand. I apologize to all two of you who actually read these. Oh, and my name is David. Nice to meet you two!

Edited by Windmill

Uh, hi! I'm better known as Cheese / Kanthaka elsewhere on the interwebs, and I only got into ASOIF around six months ago, after I found A Game of Thrones on sale at a bookstore. (It took me those six months for me to get ahold all of the books.)

Hello everyone!

I picked up on A Song of Ice and Fire through the TV series. Since the season ended, I've read through all 5 of the released books, and just finished A Dance With Dragons earlier today.

While I was reading, I avoided websites dealing with the series to keep from being spoiled. But since I'm finished now, I decided I might as well sign on. I don't really know anyone here (found the site through a google search), but this looks like the logical place to be for ASOIAF discussion, so here I am.

Welcome and Salute to all our new boarders.

I see we have sports fans, some new euros, folks that have come to us through GoT and another in the military. I'm sure you'll all find stuff to engage with. ;)

Enjoy the place!

:cheers:

I never actually posted an introduction for myself.

Hi, I'm 18 years old. I graduated from High School last June. I'm currently bumming around. I will be joining the U.S. Airforce pretty soon as soon as I stop procrastinating and start doing things with my life. Um... I've always sort of liked books. I've always liked the English language in general.

Hmm.. I definitely like ASoIF. I guess that's a given. I recently read the currently released books of The Kingkiller Chronicles. I loved them. I'm currently reading the Assassin's Apprentice a part of the Farseer trilogy. It's pretty cool. I don't like it as much, so far, as much as I did of Kvothe's misadventures.

What else... I'm a bit of a computer geek. But, I balance it out (or try to). I've been in quite a few triathlons and marathons especially since graduation.

I don't know what I want to do with my life. In the short-term, as I mentioned above, I'm going to join the military. I plan on going to college (also, while in the military) but I don't know what I want to do career-wise. I don't know what I want to study. Computer engineering seems interesting. But, I'm not all that good or fond of math. Maybe I'll learn to like it as I get better at it. Maybe spend my academic years getting degrees in English? I don't exactly want to be poor, nor do I want to teach. Unless I write a novel that becomes successful I will most definitely be poor. Am I going to pull a Patrick Rothfuss and go to school for a decade-and-a-half? I hope not. I never really liked high school.

Anyways, this introduction has gotten way out of hand. I apologize to all two of you who actually read these. Oh, and my name is David. Nice to meet you two!

David, many of us on here are prior, or current military. If you have any questions, please let us help.

Hi!

I'm from Australia. I just finished reading all the books and thought I'd come see what others thought of it. I'm lucky I didn't have the 6 (?) year wait for ADWD like many people did. Knowing what I know now I would have gone out of my mind waiting.

I must say I have never read a book(s) that have made me so angry. 3.5 books into the series I realized that I, the reader, am Sansa while the author GRRM is Joffrey. Always hoping for a happy ending with heros to save the day only to see my hopes beheaded. Lol.

Hi people...! I've been lurking on the forum now for a number of months after getting into the books. I'm from N'Ireland, not far from Belfast. Missed my chance to audition for the series, but have decided to grow a beard anyway. What got me into the books? I honestly can't remember. Picked up the first one in Dublin airport, ignoring the pic of Sean Bean and drowning out the knowledge of my girlfriends fascination with him, now I can't wait for the series one dvd release. Don't have HBO and all I've seen so far is youtube clips.

Haven't read anything like this in years. And I'm not a fantasy genre person at all really.

My MO on here has been finish a book, then trawl the forum and pick up the fine point I may have missed. And there have been a few. This doesn't faze me. It predicts an even more enjoyable reread years from now. Part of me wishes I hadn't started as two volumes yet to come. (Just started ADWD). I HATE waiting around for things I really like. Patience may indeed be a virtue, but I'm not very virtuous.

Thank you for this place!

Hi! :) I've been randomly posting for a few days (and lurking w/o being a member for some time now), but I haven't really introduced myself or anything. Fourteen years young, female, Coloradoan (Boulder) transplanted to Texas some years ago. I love reading and I love people and I love quoting random things from what I read at those people. Especially LotR, that's very quotable.

And now, ASOIAF. (Reading it against my parents' wishes, lol.) Gosh, I love it. If I were to put myself in any house, it'd be Lannister - though I'm most like the Tullys. My favorite characters are (were...) Arya, Ned, and Jaime, but I have some love for nearly every character, since they're all so multi-faceted and complex.

And yeah, I totally have a crush on Jaime. (not from the show, I haven't seen it...although the guy who plays him is quite attractive, he's not at all how I pictured Jaime)

That's about it! :)

I have to confess, I *hate* it when people say that. We have a lot of people on this Board who travel extensively. One of our Boarders has been to Mongolia for chrissakes.

Tell me where "we've never been". I'm from North Dakota, and I'll bet you've never been there.

Since when was Mongolia an unusual travel destination? Good point about North Dakota, though.

I have to confess, I *hate* it when people say that. We have a lot of people on this Board who travel extensively. One of our Boarders has been to Mongolia for chrissakes. I've been nearly everywhere in Central and Eastern Europe.

Tell me where "we've never been". I'm from North Dakota, and I'll bet you've never been there.

Easy now, easy now lets not scare the new kids of the playground before they get a chance on the swings :) . Also people from North Dakota don't like admitting they've been to North Dakota :leaving:

hey there.

i'm iris from Hungary, i'm almost a total noob to fantasy and forums both. i started reading the books because of the HBO series, and just couldn't stop. i'm currently at the begginning of ADwD, trying to read it in English (and proceeding faster than i thought :cool4: ).

what else... i'm 21, studying archaeology irl and like to talk about interesting stuff. sometimes also uninteresting stuff.

so. hi.

yeah, and happy holidays.

Hello everyone!

I'm from Singapore and I haven't met many people here who are into the ASoIaF (though I'm doing my part to change that).

I've lurked the forums for a couple of weeks now, mostly prowling the "Still Reading" sections to read up on other people's thoughts and mostly things that I didn't understand from the books.

I picked up ASoIaF earlier this May after about a year of persuasion from a friend and I'm very glad I did. I've re-read all the books a few times and now I'm almost done with ADwD; my favourite of the series is AFfc (but the rest are close seconds).

Greetings!

I was introduced by way of a friend recommending the series. When I had finished I had to know what came next and discovered the books. I flew through the five books (mostly thanks to Roy Dotrice).

Now I have to withhold plot points from my friend who introduced me to the series as he doesn't have much reading time and is waiting for the next season of the series. In the meantime, we have introduced many of our mutual friends to the show and (hopefully) are spreading the fanbase.

FYI: Favorite houses=Martells and Greyjoys followed by Starks

Hi Everybody,

Just wanted to say hi to you all. I've been a long-time lurker on the forums but only just took the plunge and signed-up.

I look forward to making a positive contribution to the forums, from which I have gleaned so much information and different perspectives on these books we all love so much.

Just one opening question; am I correct in thinking that you can't add a picture to your profile until you've made a certain number of posts, or am I just not intelligent enough to have spotted where this facility already exists?

Solar

PS ~ Oh, and by the way... Stannis is the rightful king!

There, I'm straight off the fence on that one! :cool4: