Introductions

Ran

Figured I needed to post an introduction. My name's Tim, got into ASOIAF cause of HBO series and been hooked since. I just finished off DwD a couple weeks ago and I'm now ready to start engaging in convos on the forums. So far I have been checking out these awesome topics. Man this website is pretty sweet.

Hello.

I am JAHman28, and mostly joined here for the fascinating theories that fly around. I have been very cautiously lurking while I was still reading the novels, and now that I am finished them I think I'll join the discussion. ASOIAF has featured in my every thought for months now, and I rushed to finish the fifth book before it could intrude into my exams.

My favourite characters are Arya, Davos Seaworth, Stannis Baratheon, Jon Snow and Tyrion.

G'Day Everyone,

Name is Adam and I have just recently found ASOIAF. I was reading Game of Thrones when my 6 month year old Pup decided it was a chew toy. I have recently just finished my new copy (ebook) and have seen the entire first season of Game of Thrones on HBO. It has fast become my favourite TV series, and I cannot wait for season two. I am pumped to continue reading as well.

A little about me, 21 years old, and I live in Australia. I love to go to the Gym and play Australian Rules Football. I have joined this site to meet fans of ASOIAF, please feel free to get in contact.

Cheers,

Adam

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to introduce myself to this board which I avoided for the better part of a year to avoid spoilers. So now that I've finished "A dance with dragons" last week I finally want to delve into the discussion :-)

I'm a 39 year old psychologist from Germany and started listening to the German Audiobooks of A song of ice and fire last february. I got hooked pretty quickly (probably during the first chapter) and really love this epic story - my main fear is if GRRM will be possible to bring it to an ending which really is satisfactory... which may be the hardest part with ANY story. As a fan of TV shows like Babylon 5 or Lost, I have often experienced that something does not end quite as great as it started...

My personal favorites are Daenerys, Tyrion and Oberyn Martell. The only elements of the saga I did not thouroughly like were Briennes journey in AFFC and Aryas part since she left Westeros.

See you on the board!

Hi everybody! I, m a spanish girl and I like read in general and particular George RR Martin history!

In this moment i ´m reading the thrith book, and I buy the forth and the fitht in english ( so in spanish no are traslater)

Sorry for my english, I undertand more, but my expression is little...

I´m 28 years old and I live on Valladolid ( Spain)

I like more Tyron, Arya and Dany ( my avatar is for Targaryen house)

It´s my pleasure arrived whit yours!

G'Day Everyone,

Name is Adam and I have just recently found ASOIAF. I was reading Game of Thrones when my 6 month year old Pup decided it was a chew toy. I have recently just finished my new copy (ebook) and have seen the entire first season of Game of Thrones on HBO. It has fast become my favourite TV series, and I cannot wait for season two. I am pumped to continue reading as well.

A little about me, 21 years old, and I live in Australia. I love to go to the Gym and play Australian Rules Football. I have joined this site to meet fans of ASOIAF, please feel free to get in contact.

Cheers,

Adam

Gudday Adam.

Be sure to head on over to the BwB threads to monitor the next meets. ;)

Stubs

Hi, Iam Anja, German, 40 and currently live in Indonesia. As a fan of "Lost" I first stumbled across the ASOIAF series via @DamonLindelof who tweeted his anger about GRRMs concerns that he would "do a Lost" with ASOIAF's ending. The HBO series got me hooked, and then I read the books and have just finished ADWD - feeling a little empty now... :(

During Arya's travels to and through the Riverlands I almost stopped because it was hard to bear all the violence and cruelty, especially for me as a mum of several small children. But I made it through and of course cannot wait to find out what happens next.

I wish I had found this site earlier to exchange thoughts while still reading the first four books. The theories coming up in this forum are quite amazing and I feel that somewhere in the near future I have to join the re-read. I was so anxious to get through the stories that I missed a lot of small (or sometimes even bigger) stuff.

Hey guys :) My name is Kara & I'm brand new to this forum - a Commoner, as you can see xP

I got hooked at the ASoIaF series last year. I took a break between A Storm of Swords I and II because of the exams and schoolwork, but picked up as soon as possible and now I'm reading A Dance with Dragons.

I love this blog so far. I hope to spend more time here with fellow fans, discussing every tiny itty bitty detail of the series - as proud geeks should xD

Edited by Lady Wylla Manderly
Typo

Hi guys; i'm new here and thought this should be my first post XD

I first got into ASoIaF from the HBO series and now I'm starting Storm of Swords

I came here to chat with other fans and maybe meet some people who is also from Mexico! but that might be a useless wish OTL

anyway...about me? well...I'm a translator student with a taste for fantasy literature and medieval themes hence my now discovered love for this amazing titles XD

I'm 21 and I like comic books and once in a while to make prop replicas from things I like 8D

Hi. I've been a lurker on Westeros.org for a couple of years. I read anything from non-fiction to fiction to graphic novels. I really enjoy ancient and medieval history but I also love Victorian era through 20th century history. I try to go to Comic-Con every year and I really enjoyed the Game of Thrones panel in 2011. I live in Virginia Beach and am a civilian working for the Department of Defense. I was introduced to AGoT by a Belgian friend of mine.

Edited by Autopath

Hello all ... my name is Joan. I've been trying to avoid too much internet exposure until I'm finished reading, but was delighted to find the chapter by chapter threads! I ruined a few plot points on the wiki just reading house and character descriptions. UGH. Anyway, I'm almost finished with ADWD (about 200 pages left). I started reading GoT while hubby was deployed in August and I'm almost done now! Holy obsession. Hopefully I can keep myself from spending all day on here.

Hi *waves*

A dear friend twisted my arm to read the books before AFfC came out - dragons! zombies! riddles! a guy called Jaime Lannister! :P - and now I'm a huge show fan as well. I'm mostly interested in the politics and the speculation about the prophesies. My faves are Varys at all times, Dany when she has a plan, all Baratheons and Tyrells (especially the Queen of Thorns and Loras), Sansa starting from ACoK, and then Jon and Tyrion when they are doing something else but wandering beyond the Wall or the narrow sea. Overall, I'm more of a happy fan than a hater but I'm not short on opinions either.

I'm on my third epic re-read where I have sworn to myself not to skip anyone's chapters in the rush to the ending.

What's up, folks? My name's Rose, but I'd rather be called Aurelia on here. I'm a student from Australia who just wants to kill some time.

I first got into ASOIAF from watching the HBO series (after my best friend recommended it) and now I'm pretty much hooked on the series. I'm up to A Storm Of Swords, but haven't started it yet because I'm having a little break.

My favourite characters so far are Arya, Dany and Bran. I'm also slowly falling in love with Brienne as I read on.

Hello all! :D

My name is Adriana (which you may have gathered :P) I live in Australia, I'm a uni student and a graphic artist in a Harry Potter Fan Fiction affiliated site called The Dark Arts and twas there I heard about ASOIAF. I'm completing a Bachelor of Arts and I'm majoring in both History and Theatre as well as taking a few media and creative writing electives. Perhaps those are the reasons I'm theoretically drawn to the series and the television show (as they inadvertantly explore a lot of the things I'm learning about), but of course I also love the characters (Jon, Sansa, Jon, Jorah, Jon, Petyr and DID I MENTION JON??) and all the narrative elements. :wideeyed:

I promised myself I wouldn't join another forum, but I just finished A Dance With Dragons (literally JUST) and I'm leading a meaningless (and penniless) existence until I my semester starts at the end of Feb. :drunk:

Hello all!

My names Sarah, I'm new to these forums. I was attempting to post a few days ago which only ended in frusturation because I was not yet approved. So now here I am saying hi. I'm a fan who caught on to the books via the HBO series. However, don't judge me for this, please. I went on to read every book in about a month and am now just starting to re-read A Clash of Kings.

Look forward to posting with and getting to know you all.

Sarah

Hello ASOIAF fans,

My name is Shukri and new to this site since yesterday. I discovered this site yesterday and made an account right away. I figured this novel series out by the HBO Series and except reading the wikia page how my favorite characters end up so far in the novels. I hardly read the novels. Don't worry I am gonna start soon, in fact I will probably read Game of Thrones today. As you read in my nickname I am a big Sansa fan; she is the number one character I devotedly adore. If Martin uses Sansa to his maximum - And I mean her potential as successful queen - then I am going to react so fangirlish gleefull ; besides her I love Jon Snow, Arya Stark and Jaime Lannister. And though I despise Petyr Baelish I am very intrigued by him and his brilliant scheming.

Edited by QueenSansaStark