Introductions

Ran

Hi! I'm Dani, and I'm pretty new here. I was a lurker for a long time and finally gave in. My boyfriend is not into ASOIAF at all and I don't have any friends that are super into it, so this is my place to express my ASOIAF love! Nice to meet everyone.

Also, I'd like to say that I think that GRRM has some awesome fans and this board has some great moderators, because I am so used to reading forums with so many trolls and flamers. While there is plenty of debate on this forum, it all appears in good spirit and degrading talk and flaming is practically non-existant.

Edited by dannister

Salutations! Lurker goes public. I've been aSoIaF devout since 2004 or so. Was doing backflips when heard the HBO series announcement. Center stage presentation for a great series. No longer one of those snark and grumkin niche book fan clubs lol.

Haven't read dunk and egg, I'm rereading the series again through Dance /w Dragons to have my mind fresh for that. Rereading the books seems more rewarding every time.

Good day~ There's a great group here, have enjoyed this forum quite a lot in lurker mode, gone public to let youall know.

(and provide a wayne's supply of crackpots)

ps, not the most experienced forumite, how do I insert spoiler tags? They are quite necessary..

Greetings to my fellow A Song of Ice and Fire brothers and sisters. To say I love A Song of Ice and Fire would be an understatement. As an attorney who deals with very stressful situations and sometimes very unpleasant people A Song of Ice and Fire has helped me shut off the stress while at home making me more pleasant for my lovely wife who deserves a happy husband. George R.R. Martin has created such an amazingly detailed world it's just easy to lose yourself in the pages.

I wasn't a fantasy fiction fan before I picked up A Song of Ice and Fire. I've never even read Tolken, which I'm sure is rare in this community. I've been to our State's Renaissance Festival for eight years now and have always loved it. Mostly, I read non-fiction books or military spy novels, but HBO "Game of Thrones" got me hooked and as soon as the first season ended I purchased the books one at a time and read each one after the other in three months. Now I've even convinced my wife to read them and she loves them. My wife is more than half way through Clash of Kings now and she loves it, which is again definitely not a genre she has ever been interested in before. My wife thought there would be too much killing and war scenes for her, but after some convincing to give them a try she's a big fan now.

I've been going through the Wiki of a Song of Ice and Fire and just basically learning every scrap of information I can about the history of Westeros and Essos. It's really amazing the world George has created for us all and I don't think I'll ever be able to repay him for what he's given to me. I think all you guys here are great and just seem like amazing people as well. I'm really happy to be a member here. Thanks.

Edited by Dark Rider

Hi, I'm Luiz Filipe and I'm Brazilian. I've watched the HBO series and listened to a podcast about AGoT (the book) and decided to read the novels. AGoT I read in 1 month I believe (because of my college classes). The next 3 from the Box (that 4 book box easily found in Amazon) I've read in 4 weeks (not successive) in my vacations, each one in about 1 week. Then I waited until my ADwD have been delivered last Thursday ( February 16th) and read it in one week too. Since the next book will only be released in ~2014, I decided to search for forums to discuss subjects that happened at ASoIaF.

Hey Everyone,

I'm Davey and i'm from Northern VA, but soon making the move to Nashville TN. Like many new comers i was turned onto the books from the HBO show and have since read all of them through once, and am working through the series again. This is my first venture into "fantasy" outside of Tolkein and C.S. Lewis, and i'm certainly enjoying it. I'm a full time grad student studying Divinity, and a local High school football coach. Other authors i enjoy would be C.S. Lewis, Cormac Mcarthy, J.K. Rowling, Agitha Christie, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

Favorite Characters in the Series are POV characters are Tyrion, Arya and Jon. Favorite non POV is probably Robb

Oh and to everyone who has been here for the long haul, much respect! Waiting five years for Dance must have been MISERABLE, and you guys pick things out of the book that seem so obvious once i go back through. You all do awesome work on here

Hope this post finds you well!

Hi people!

My name is Alexandre (but you can call me Alex), from Brazil. So far I've readed all the ASOIF books (All 5 in english and 4 of 'em in Portuguese) and the two first Dunk & Egg Novellas.

I've been reading some topics on the forum for days now, and decided to register because I felt I should start contributing to the community.

Hope to be of some use here!

Hello everyone, I'm Kasia from Poland, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and decided to go public. Me and my husband were introduced to the series after watching the HBO show, at some point he asked me who wrote the books it was based on and when I aswered he was like "WHAAAAT? this is the guy who wrote Sandkings, he's a genius!" :)

Currently my husband is midway through TGOT and I'm finishing ACOK, both books being Polish translations. I'm trying to read as slowly as I can, because I won't get the next books in English by the end of next week (hope so), so ASOS will be the first one I'll read without being paranoid about what was lost in translation. Unfortunately just from reading qoutes in this forum I can tell that in the first two books it was quite a lot.

As much as I enjoy reading the forums I don't think I will be very active here, being a mom of two toddlers. Also, English is my second language, so please excuse me if I make any mistakes.

Hello everyone, I'm from Poland and I've just finished reading The Game of Thrones and Started A Clash of Kings. I've already seen HBO TV series and can't wait to see the second season. But before, I want to finish the second book.

I'm studying Business, writing for a website connected with culture - books, games, film and so on. And of course, I love to read books but it took me some times to start the series. I'm reading Martins books in Polish translation but I'm planning to reread the later in English:)

Feel free to tell my about mistake which I've made in my posts, English is my second language.

Hello everybody my name is Becki, I am a huge JRRT & CSL fan but I had never heard of these books or GRRM until about a month ago. I don't have HBO so I have never seen the show but I plan to buy it when it comes out next week. I just finished ACOK and went out to get ASOS but they did have any UGH!!! I look forward to posting with everyone on this site..

Hi everyone, I`m from Berlin, Germany an I´ve just finished reading all five of the books. Having read a lot of fantasy novels, I´m impressed by GRRM´s creation of a whole new world and a story that just fits in it. The best since Tolkien, in my opinion. A lot of open questions after ADWD, of course ...

If you email the Administrator they might be able to help you reactivate your old account.

Use this email [email protected] and explain in detail what the problem is and i know for a fact if they can help you they will :).

Well, i tried emailing them but I didn't get a response. It would have been nice to get the account back but I'm not to worried about it. Thanks for your help.