Introductions

Ran

Hello and welcome fellow ASoIaFians! (yeah, I just made that word up, but it will not catch on I'm sure, it's a bit hard to pronounce)

I'm rather new to this board myself, only been on since September actually, but have spent far more time here than I should. There are so much interesting stuff to find here, and I can recommend trying to find old threads that discuss the topics you are interested in, that gives a lot of insights and creates new ideas. Sometimes the search function is turned off though, but it's always worth a try.

I hope you'll have fun, I know I do :)

Ah, yeah, I'm new... Like most people who've joined in the past year (I'm assuming), I was introduced through the show. I started the books last September and finished them a few days ago. I normally finish books quickly, too. That was quite an undertaking. But I'm finally ready for analysis and discussion so here we go.

Hey there, I'm new to this forum (and forums in general).

I was introduced to ASOIAF by the HBO show, but then I read the books pretty much back-to-back, and I can't stop obsessing over them. So that's why I finally decided to join this forum, and I'm looking forward to some interesting discussions. Hope to be active :)

Good day to you all :)

I've been reading threads here for a while now; seeing a reference to a bunch of threads discussing relationships between things and beings at the Wall (Heresy threads) I started reading the first and just knew I'd actually have a (hopefully new/useful) thing or two to say about that particular topic. Looking forward to actually participating in the discussions.

No, my screen name does not derive from World of Warcraft.

Hi people, Im Tal.

I was introduced to the series by the HBO show and loved it.

I intended to buy the books, but then I saw that books 4 and 5 ruined the series for many people.

So I wanted to ask you if you would still recommend me to read the books?

By the way, I thought that this is the right place to ask (since Im new here), but if there is a better place please tell me, thanks.

Hmmm, weird. Thought I'd just done this.

Anyways, cheers all. I'm James from Canada. Glad I found this place, seems cool so far. First time I've signed up for one of these that wasn't academic or sports related. Please feel free to let me know when I outstay my welcome.

Hi. I'm Ceru, and I have a serious addiction. I need help.

I have no friends to indulge in my addiction with me, said addiction of course being the SoIaF series. :D Okay, so I've forced a few people to watch the HBO series with me, to try and entice them into reading the books... but it seems I am the only person I associate with who enjoys reading books, especially those which in hardback form could be used as blunt objects in an epic fantasy style coup. :)

Seriously though... I've been reading threads and lurking on here anonymously for some time. So many of the theories presented here have awakened something in me. I always had so many questions, and the topics discussed here have been engrossing me during my free time - soon to dwindle further, as I start school again for my IT degree next week.

I am currently reading Storm of Swords for the 4th time or so. I have been reading the books in order since I first picked them up back in August. My introduction to the series had absolutely NOTHING to do directly with the HBO series - a friend of mine saw the books, most likely revived to front-shelf fame thanks to the TV series, and picked them up. She recommended them to me and loaned me GoT which I promptly devoured (in about a day and a half) and drove to her house (roughly an hour away) to claim the remainder of the books. After that, I've been hooked. I have been reading and re-reading these novels without taking a break to read any other author - that's how hooked I am.

I do occasionally tend to be somewhat egregiously long-winded, a style I no doubt picked up from my readings of another former favorite author who wrote in a very flourished style. Forgive me if I digress from my original point from time to time - I may talk myself in a circle, but I will always try to clarify somehow.

Now, back to browsing. :)