Introductions

Ran

Thought I would post in here, I've been lurking a while browsing and have taken the plunge and joined.

Kind of a newbie to the series, after watching the first episode of the tv series I was hooked but refused to watch anymore until I read the book I'm currently on asos and can't put it down.

So basically, hello!

Hi! I have been lurking for ages and finally registered. I am fairly obsessed with the books and then got drawn into the series. Now I am a total lost cause. My only local friend who is into the TV series it has not read the books- it drives me nuts not to have someone to talk to......

Hello, my username is Vandalism and my real name is something half of you guys would mispronounce. =D

I've read allt he available books, and love them all. My favourite characters are Theon Greyjoy and Stannis Baratheon, my favourite House is House Stark and my favourite quote/famous words is "Ours is the fury!". Just so very epic.

Hi, I'm Karen and I'm an ASOIAF-oholic. Really glad to have found this site to talk to other fans. I've tried to spread the gospel to friends, but getting people to read these day...not so easy. I've read all the books and am anxiously awaiting the season 2 premiere of Game of Thrones.

So anyway. Hi everybody!!

Hello all!

My name is Meaghan, and I'm from Canada...Manitoba to be exact.

I got into ASoIaF last year after some friends wouldn't shut up about it. I finished the books VERY quickly, and just finished watching season 1 earlier this week (I don't have HBO...).

I've been haunting this forum, and the entire Westeros site for a while, so I finally took the plunge yesterday and registered.

I hope to have a lot of fun here!

Hello there! A long time lurker de-cloaks, The Bear in the North. Why I've chosen that name? Well I live in the north of Sweden and my name means "bear" when you translate it to English, simple as that.

Even if I'm new here I have followed "A Song of Ice and Fire" since -98 when I got my hands on the Swedish translation and I've been hooked ever since. So... that's some minor facts about myself and my connection to ASoIaF...

Hi,

I'm new here.

I'd like to thank you all, without you I'd never understand half of the events in this wonderful books!! I'm ashamed to admit that I missed so much, even in my re-readings... But I think I'm not the only one!

I also thank you for all the laugh you give me - I often found myself suddenly laughing aloud in front of my computer, gaining startled looks from people around me!

--------------------------------------

Sorry for my mistakes, English is not my language, but I'm trying to learn it in order to better understand Martinworld. The translations aren't bad at all, but I enjoy the books much and more in their original form.

Hey.

I'm The Kitten (no relation to this guy) and I'm mostly hear for fun. I'm also the only fully literate kitten that I know of.

That is all.

Sorry The Kitten, I didn't steal your username I swear, I didn't see your post until a minute ago, while I chose my nick a week ago (thinking hard to find something original, and failing!).

Sorry The Kitten, I didn't steal your username I swear, I didn't see your post until a minute ago, while I chose my nick a week ago (thinking hard to find something original, and failing!).

Hey, I should be the one saying sorry. You were here five days before I was. My bad :dunce:. Well, at least there's a "the" seperating us. :)

Bonjour,

My name is Sasha, and I travel the interwebs with my entourage of unhealthy food. Longtime lurker, recent member, and avid reader. Likes to use eloquent phrases to feign Fry-intellect.

Stark, professional idiot, caffinated essay-writer.

Sansa stan, and head of the 'Bran is the Lord of All Things' party.

West Australian meat pie and kangaroo tamer.

Great, I found it! Here's the place for introductions.

Hi everybody, my name's Giorgia, I'm a 19 years old italian student. I've been reading and passionately loving these books since a few months (I'm currently reading ADwD, which hasn't been completely translated into italian yet) and finally I had to look for a forum to relieve my need to talk about ASoIaF, since none of my friends read it. Also italian forums are more deserted than Valyria, so here I am, with my wonky english...

Hi, my name´s is Maria and I´m spanish, I have been reading this forum for months or years, and I have even posted two or three times without knowing this thread existed. My sister has been trying to make me read the asoiaf books for ages (and i have been ignoring her and calling her freak) but when i saw the first chapter of the HBO tv show I knew I had to. So now I´m an addict and I´ve read the 5 books (except fort danaerys chapters of ADWD), the sample chapters of TWoW, and reread AGoT and SoS (my favorite ones). Please feel free to point out my writing mistakes, as english is not my first languaje.

Thank you everyone for making this forum such an enjoyable place (if i can say that I mean if it really exists in engish)

Edited to correct mistakes

Edited by mermer

Hello!

I am a Norwegian girl currently living and studying in the UK.

I have read all the ASOIAF books before, but inspired by the HBO series (and the unbearable wait for season 2) I have just started on my second read-through. I don't know anybody else who has read the books (but many who watched and loved the series), and so I'm finding it very frustrating to not be able to discuss the stories with anyone without risking spoiling things for them!

Don't know what else to say, really, apart from that I'm a newbie and I look forward to maybe getting to know some of you a bit :)