Introductions

Ran

Hi, I just registered with the forums. I was turned on to the show by a friend. After finishing it, I read all 5 books immediately. When I realized Dance With Dragons wasn't the last book and there were so many plot threads still unresolved, I threw my head to the sky in a movie-like fashion and said "Noooooooooooooooooo!"

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. I registered b/c I have a lot of questions and I'm hoping some ASOIAF experts can school me.

P.S. I just saw a billboard advertisement for GoT Season 2 and it has a fist clutching a crown and the words "War is coming..." I'm so excited I need a change of pants. :D

Hi! I'm (kind of) new here. I've been a lurker for years, but just recently actually registered. I'm excited for the new season and thought this was a good time to join in the discussion. I've been a huge fan of ASOIAF since way back--I read the first book in hardcover while looking for something to satisfy me after finishing Tad Williams' "Memory, Sorry, and Thorn" trilogy. I read somewhere, may have even been from Tad Williams himself, that "A Game of Thrones" was a worthy next book ... and the rest is history.

I'm also a fan of the Kvothe series, but other than that, ASOIAF, and the occasional Tad Williams' re-read, I haven't found too many new fantasy series that meet my interests.

I'm from Boston, Massachusetts. Glad to be a (soon to be) contributing member of the boards!

Hello, another new guy, from the desert of the southwest U.S. I enjoy the series, the world and the characters anyway. I'm not as thrilled with the pace of events or the pace of books being released, lol. But that's what brought me here. I can't just stop cold turkey after finishing this last book and wait until the next one. I read all the books beginning in February this year. I hadn't heard of the series before I saw a preview of the HBO show.

So I came here to discuss things and ask questions.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi everyone!

I JUST discovered this show and THANK GOD I DID!!! I've been hopelessly obsessed with it for weeks. And my timing couldn't have been better, because the show's returning!!! :D

My favorite characters are Ned and Danny. My heart immediately went out to them. Even though it appears that Danny would be a cruel ruler, I can't help but root for her. Her story at the beginning of the season was so heartbreaking and pathetic. So, my favoritism towards her is based partially on pity. :crying:

And Ned...OH NED!!! THEY DID YOU SOOOO WRONG!!! :bawl:

I can't wait to chat with you guys and share different theories and opinions with you.

See ya!

Hello, i am a new girl 22 years old from Denmark. i have been a lurker a few years but now i have decided to join this forum.

I have been a fantasy fan almost my whole life, some of my favorites are The Dresden files, the dark tower, the sandman comics and of course a song of ice and fire

I discovered the books on the net in my search of something new to read. The characters and the dark feeling of the world was what really draw me into this series.

Greetings, everyone! I'm steadily working my way through the novels and have watched the first season Game of Thrones on DVD. Can't wait until Season Two begins on Sunday.

Of all the things I love about the novels, I especially love the names that George R.R. Martin gives to his characters. One can see in his name creations that he clearly has more than a passing familiarity with medieval names.

Names are a special interest of mine, and anagramming is my obsession. I wonder if members here might be interested in having their names anagrammed into Westerosi names? I do a name anagramming thing on a few other message boards, and I've been experimenting with Westerosi names.

Anyway, this looks like an interesting board! I'm looking forward to becoming a part of the community here.

-- Nephele

Hey everyone, m'names Danny and i've been a perverted lurker in these forums for a while now, but i've finally considered it would only be proper for me to at least attempt to offer something back to the community.

About me: 21, live in Cardiff where i'm in my 3rd and final year of an Economics and Philosophy degree. And this degree is now suffering due to my complete addiction with the asoiaf books. Hence why i am here to discuss them while i wait for TWOW.

Cheers and see ya around :)

Nephele - is that YOU???????? From another Forum??????? (UNRV) If it is - remember The Augusta? ;)

I've only just seen this thread but I've been lurking for a little while. I'm a middle-aged, dusty old Classicist from Manchester, UK, who would never have given a nod to fantasy until my daughter bludgeoned me into watching Game of Thrones. I resisted during the first run of the series on Sky Atlantic, and then gave in over Christmas when it was re-run over two nights. Hooked! Since which time I have read every book in the series one after the other and am totally in love with the characters and storylines.

Glad to be among friends....

Edited by Drogon's Personal Trainer

Hi everyone, I've been lurking around this forum for a while, forgot that I registered for a bit. I'm a university student in the Pacific Northwest, USA. I'm working on a polisci degree but have a keen interest in geography, especially map making. I've loved ASOIAF for years and I'm pumped that I'm going to start participating on this forum.

Hi. I'm Orlando, and I'm from Azores, Portugal. I've been reading the books for years (ASoIaF's that is) and have even come to this forum ocasionally, although I never joined it...'Til now. Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute with something to this forum, even if with only some twisted theory. And that's about it, I guess.

Should introduce me, too. I´m Chrido, living in Germany, always having hunger for books (and they better got to have more than 500 pages!!) and a lover of Tolkiens, Pratchetts, Rowlings and Martins writings. Unfortunately I´m reading the new german translations of ASoIaF, so I have to deal with "Jon Schnee" and "Königsmund". My favorite characters are Arya, Jon, Tyrion and Bran.

I´m glad that this forum is alive with people who are sharing the love to Westeros with me. Please read my postings patiently - my english will need it. :cool4:

Hi! I'm here. I've been a member of other fan forums, predominantly TarValon.net and Dragonmount for Wheel of Time. I love ASoIaF and I admit, I have subscribed to HBO just so I can watch the series. :) Love theories and debunking theories. I learned to crochet so I could make Aes Sedai shawls, and my goal is to make make shawls/cloaks with the Great House sigils.

Hiya!

I'm Cordelia, and I've been lurking this forum day and night, for a very long time now. I wish to know no other reality, other than the world of ASoIaF, where :bowdown: G.R.R.M. is the literary god and saviour.

Truthfully, I'd just like to connect with other fans, bc most of the people I've met are a) only fans of the show or B) tools, meaning they weren't friendly at all. I just don't know how some people can be unpleasant to fellow followers of the G.R.R.M faith... Meh- you win some, you lose some. :dunno:

I get the unsettling feeling that not many people will actually bother checking back on this thread, but I might as well vomit up a bit of an introduction regardless.

My name is Pelki. I was introduced to ASoIaF through the first series of Game of Thrones and was truly blown away by the theme, character depth and brutality of the show. A fan of medieval, I gladly snatched up the ASoIaF books and was astounded to find them even better than the show. I mean, that's common, a book being better than the show. But the show in the first place had stunned me.

I recently finished the books, which became the staple of my bus travel and my lunchtimes during work. I'm mourning my loss of Westeros as a getaway from the tedium of work, but the upside is that I now feel confident that I'm up-to-speed enough to start truly talking about the fandom with other enthusiasts.

I'm an administrator living in Manchester, UK. I draw when I'm not being exhausted by real life. I'd like to eventually be an author, but reading Martin's talent has driven me a little insecure. Other than ASoIaF, my primary hobby is text roleplay, which I do in a post-apoc fantasy sim in Second Life. Mostly when drunk.

There are a lot of characters I like to read, but don't necessarily like, and some I hate to read, but would probably like on a personal level. Overall, my favourite character is easily Brienne, who manages to appeal to me as a person and me as an audience, though I could give you dozens of characters I favour for one reason or another.

Hello everyone!

My name is Lea and I come from the beautiful country of Croatia!

I've been reading this forum for a few weeks now and decided to finally register...

Just started reading the Feast and I can say I am absolutely in love with the books and all its characters...

Also, the production is doing an excellent job with the series, though I miss some of the scenes from the books ^^

What else to say, looking forward to all those interesting discussions :D