Introductions

Ran

Greetings everyone. Jeremey here and I'm a Las Vegas native stuck in Louisiana for almost 8 years now. I've been a GRRM fan and more importantly a ASOIAF fan for a long time now and really wanted to find a place to share my passion with. I decided to reread the books from scratch when I picked up A Dance With Dragons so that I could enjoy everything fresh and in proper order if you will. ;)

Anyways, I'm looking forward to meeting some fun people here and maybe joining in on the MUSH if I can work up the time and courage.

Hi everyone!

My first post is of course to introduce myself to you.

I am Nathalie aka Nym_Stark here and I am French. I have discovered the world of ASOIAF last year just after the HBO show and I had to read the books for a complete and original details (ok I am also a huge reader too)!

I am reading A Dance With Dragons right now and I am here to chat and to share theories, reactions with you. My friends are so behind that they can talk to me about their feelings about the books but the opposite is not possible, so I had to find a place to do it so here I am after reading a tweet of @westerosorg. :)

I am really forward to discussing and meeting with you guys. :P

Edited by Nym_Stark

Hi everyone,

My name's Katie, I'm fairly new to the series I didn't even watch GoT Season 1 until a few weeks ago!!, a friend of mine highly reccomended it, saying as he knew I liked The Wire and Rome so much I would love GoT and he was right!!.

After finishing Season 1 of the TV series I had to go out and buy the books, being the impatient type that I am, I love reading anyway although I do find it takes me a while to finish each book, I've currently just started A Feast For Crows and am finding it a bit hard to get into but will be sticking with it.

Picked my Screen name from feeling sorry for poor Ned during his fight with The Kingslayer in the TV Series and found myself wanting to throw him a lightsaber through the TV screen to even out the odds :P , after reading some more though I've started to warm to Jamie a bit more.

Hi, just recently got hooked with GOT and ASOIAF, and been loorking here for a couple of days already and I've seen alot of interesting topics, but the one reason that I signed up is because of the Dear Stannis thread, LOL. Anyway, I'm not really chatty, mainly because the 'Common Tongue' is not my primary language :P ok I'm a Filipino

Anyway, my name is Aby... for the username... well I don't know... I was thinking of Jaime, Tyrion and Queenmaker all jumbled up in one word and that's what I got :dunno:

I haven't read DwD yet, but I love to spoil myself and go to the General ASOIAF :)

Greetings, fellow ASoIaF fans. ^_^

I've been lurking the forums for a while and decided it's about time that I joined. I started watching the Game of Thrones sometime in June last year. I intended to read the first two books before season two arrived, but ended up reading all five in a bit over a month.

Uhm, what else to say? I just turned 18 on April 1st. I write, don't consider myself to be good at it, I also participate in NaNoWriMo, this year it'll be my fifth and I can't wait. I draw, well, not that much anymore because my joint pain-related issues halted that. I love playing video games and I'm looking forward to the GoT RPG that's coming out soon.

I guess that's all. Cheers!

Hello everyone!

I'm Elisa, from Italy. I do love fantasy books and rock music such as KISS and Aerosmith!

I love Ned and Cat and everything about their relationship.

Reading ADWD right now and can't wait to know more about Jon (do believe he's Lyanna's son!)

Greetings from a rainy cold Italy - I know you won't believe me, but the weather really sucks right now!

Hi There,

I've started to post without introducing myself (I didn't see this thread until now)....oops!

I'm Terri, from Vancouver, BC (Canada). I got hooked Season 1...I haven't found anything since BSG ended that really captured my interest although I did like Rome and waiting for True Blood to start after GOT ends. I am glad I found this TV series, it has sparked my interest in reading again...previously, it was more of reading to my kids. I just picked up the first 4 paperback books from Chapters and about ready to start the journey.

Glad I found this forum!

Edited by nightshadow

Hi all,

Thought it was about time to join in a form where I can share my love of all things ASOIAF.

Am totally addicted to the books, but I have this thing that I don't want to read them too quickly, I want to savour them and make my first reading last as long as possible.

I've just started watching series 1 on dvd as well and think it's totally brilliant. Again, I'm trying not to race through the whole lot as I don't have Sky so can't watch series 2 until it's out on dvd which will be AGES away!

Anyway, am looking forward to getting involved here :)

Hello everyone, I am also new.

I came here to find/talk to more people who like the show, here in Hawaii it seems I am alone or it seems like people are closet GOT fans, haha. I got hooked after buying the first season on DVD thinking it was just another fictional period piece like ROME(which was my favorite tv series before this one) and was completely caught off guard by the fantasy elements, it turned out to be one of the best first seasons/tv series I have ever seen. I immediately went out and bought books 1-4 waiting for 5 to come out in the smaller paperback(budget, ehehe.) Really fighting the urge to read the books, since I fell in love with the show first, so I'll watch it's entire run before I get into the books, don't want to spoil it for myself yet. Sorry about rambling, I hope you don't mind me jumping in to your conversations.

Greetings everyone. My name is Ruud and I hail from the rainy Netherlands. I started reading aSoIaF back in 2006 but never came 'round to finishing the last two books. The tv series - which is very good btw - has rekindled my interest though, so I intend on going through them again soon. Whilst doing so, I hope to have some nice conversations here.

I had my misgivings when a co-worker introduced the series. One episode turned ten, and I found myself buried deep into the fifth book. This series has the power to reel you in and capture your interest, as I have found.

I am 22, female and a health care professional in the field of medical research. I'm from the Philippines. This is a lovely forum as I had observed from my earlier lurkings and I'd be glad to share my views sometime.